Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • adamo888
    • By adamo888 4th Dec 19, 11:56 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    adamo888
    UKPC - Crown Shopping Centre Leeds - 12th November
    • 4th Dec 19, 11:56 AM
    UKPC - Crown Shopping Centre Leeds - 12th November 4th Dec 19 at 11:56 AM
    Hi folks,

Please let me preface this by saying I have extensively perused the newbies section but cannot find the correct answer to my question.

Long story short, after popping into a few shops the driver did leave the site which contravenes one of their rules. The driver has, since then and rather stupidly, misplaced the PCN. To date the driver has not received any communications from UKPC but as the driver nears that magic 26 day mark the driver would just like to know how best would be to proceed with ascertaining the details of my PCN. Should the driver directly contact them with the car reg details etc and find out the number?

It seems that ignoring the ticket is not precisely the way forward but the driver is aware of the importance of avoiding any form of self-incrimination therefore any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Dec 19, 12:03 PM
    • 79,154 Posts
    • 93,009 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Dec 19, 12:03 PM
    Should the driver directly contact them with the car reg details etc and find out the number?
    I would post an appeal 1st class today, headed up with the VRN and location and date of PCN. When I say 'an appeal' I mean from the keeper as per the NEWBIES thread! No writing about the story of what happened.

DO NOT ask for the PCN number, just blag it with an appeal by post with those headings which are more than sufficient for them to handle the appeal.

Take your stamped envelope to the PO Counter before 5pm today if you can, and ask for a certificate of posting, and staple that receipt to your own copy pf the appeal letter, at home, in case you need to prove it.

DO NOT USE 'SIGNED FOR' TRACKING.

DO NOT POP YOUR LETTER IN A POST BOX WITH NO PROOF.

Meanwhile, complain to the landowner about it and get a name of the Manager so that if you get a rejection letter, or a begging letter asking who was diving (LOL!!) then you can go straight back with it and give the manager to PCN number from that letter, to get it cancelled pre-POPLA stage.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 04-12-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 4th Dec 19, 12:03 PM
    • 41,340 Posts
    • 91,621 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    The driver should sit on their hands and do nothing.

The keeper could send an SAR as per the NEWBIES to try and flush out the original PCN, but it may arrive too late to help, and may tip the scammers that they should be sending an NTK if they haven't got around to it.

Alternatively, the keeper could wait for the NTK which should come between day 28 and 56 starting with the day after that of the alleged event.
    The keeper should then send the appeal template in blue text from post 1 of the NEWBIES.

What did the landowner/retail manager say when the keeper complained?

Get pics of the site and signage now whilst waiting for the NTK to arrive.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 04-12-2019 at 12:05 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • adamo888
    • By adamo888 4th Dec 19, 12:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    adamo888
    • 4th Dec 19, 12:23 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 12:23 PM
    Superb.

Thanks very much indeed. One final caveat, the keeper is moving house next week. Should the new address be referenced in the appeal letter for future correspondence purposes?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Dec 19, 12:58 PM
    • 79,154 Posts
    • 93,009 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Dec 19, 12:58 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 12:58 PM
    Just use the new address.

Think about it, they are not going to reply till next week at the earliest, anyway, so DO NOT even give them a sniff of your old address, not even in passing.

Secondly, send the DVLA your new address IMMEDIATELY (this week) to update two things (separately) your driving licence and the car V5C registration address.

You cannot risk UKPC getting the old address, albeit I assume like anyone would when moving house, you've paid the Post Office for postal redirection for a few months?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

801Posts Today

6,619Users online

Martin's Twitter