Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsDMDL
    • By MrsDMDL 3rd Dec 19, 5:49 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MrsDMDL
    QROPS advice?
    • 3rd Dec 19, 5:49 PM
    QROPS advice? 3rd Dec 19 at 5:49 PM
    Hi

We recently sold up in the UK and bought in France. Husband retired and there full time; I am travelling back to London for work short term.

Thinking of moving my DC pension into a QROPS. Have spoken to one advice firm and was planning to go with them until I found out today that they have put their fee up 300% since we first spoke in July....

I have two questions:
    How can I work out which firm I should go with/how can I fairly compare fess?
    Any thoughts on moving my pot overseas vs. leaving it in the UK?

Thanks

MrsDMDL
    Last edited by MrsDMDL; 03-12-2019 at 5:52 PM.
Page 1
    • JoeCrystal
    • By JoeCrystal 4th Dec 19, 8:37 AM
    • 1,998 Posts
    • 1,418 Thanks
    JoeCrystal
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:37 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:37 AM
    You are better off posting this in the main pension forum. Hardly anyone looks into this sub forum.
    • Aegis
    • By Aegis 4th Dec 19, 12:33 PM
    • 5,144 Posts
    • 3,515 Thanks
    Aegis
    • 4th Dec 19, 12:33 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 12:33 PM
    The main advantage to a QROPS rather than a SIPP is that you are outside the lifetime allowance tests. If you don't have that to worry about, then I usually find very little reason to recommend one rather than, say, having a SIPP with a Euro-focused investment portfolio and a Euro bank account from which to make payments.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,172Posts Today

6,849Users online

Martin's Twitter