Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • janeevechapman
    • By janeevechapman 3rd Dec 19, 11:07 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 5Thanks
    janeevechapman
    Virgin Mobile appalling customer service
    • 3rd Dec 19, 11:07 AM
    Virgin Mobile appalling customer service 3rd Dec 19 at 11:07 AM
    Following my earlier thread, my question is:

Is Virgin Mobile allowed to refuse to publish their real and legal T&CS?

This does not seem legal. Customers (especially the vulnerable ones) are left stressed and confused.
    In the last few weeks they have raised their prices from 10p a text to 2 a text, then they refuse to refund the credit when we try to terminate the contract and now have two sets of contradictory T&Cs which have negative consequences for elderly and vulnerable customers.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 3rd Dec 19, 11:44 AM
    • 25,060 Posts
    • 14,525 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 3rd Dec 19, 11:44 AM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 11:44 AM
    Quasi-legal questions are not the purpose of this forum, I'm afraid.

The company have published their most up-to-date terms and conditions on their website and customers can request a paper copy.

If you have a complaint, then make it direct to Virgin Mobile, though I doubt you'll get far complaining that they've simply raised their prices...
    • cranford
    • By cranford 3rd Dec 19, 4:14 PM
    • 569 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    cranford
    • 3rd Dec 19, 4:14 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 4:14 PM
    I don't know why you are waisting so much of your time on this. Whether it's 90 or of 180 days in which you have to make a call is still excessive so kick VM into touch but before you do send text to make a donation to one of many charities and you will have no credit. Somebody told you before the 180 days is for pay and go and 90 for paying a monthly amount.

see 7g in their pay and go terms and conditions.
    https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/mobile/responsive/payg-terms.pdf
    Last edited by cranford; 03-12-2019 at 5:02 PM. Reason: more info
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 3rd Dec 19, 10:14 PM
    • 25,060 Posts
    • 14,525 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 3rd Dec 19, 10:14 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 10:14 PM
    I don't know why you are wasting so much of your time on this.
    Originally posted by cranford
    In any case, the query was already answered last month in an earlier thread:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6073929
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

801Posts Today

6,619Users online

Martin's Twitter