Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pkmid
    • By pkmid 3rd Dec 19, 8:49 AM
    • 20Posts
    • 15Thanks
    pkmid
    Posted back someones order sent by mistake - not reimbursed
    • 3rd Dec 19, 8:49 AM
    Posted back someones order sent by mistake - not reimbursed 3rd Dec 19 at 8:49 AM
    Hi everyone,

I ordered some glasses to be reglazed. I received them back on Friday along with someone elses along with their prescription. I let them know asap and they asked me to return the other frames to them and they would reimburse me. I posted them back Saturday which I was annoyed about because the post office wouldn't honor the un-franked stamps so I had to pay 4.55 for tracked delivery. I emailed the company with proof of the receipt and said I wanted compensation for time and money spent correcting their mistake. I could've also kept them and not said a thing! I haven't heard from them since and I have emailed them twice and contacted them on their FB page. I think it's appalling considering the mistake they made which I'm still waiting to be reimbursed for. I checked the tracking and they haven't been received however I'm annoyed that they're potentially withholding reimbursing me when they are the ones that made the mistake in the first place... What could my next step be?
Page 2
    • zx81
    • By zx81 3rd Dec 19, 5:37 PM
    • 24,412 Posts
    • 27,219 Thanks
    zx81
    I don't appreciate the 'tone' of which is on the disbelieving side. It's a post office attached to a shop so when it's busy post office customers have to wait.
    Originally posted by pkmid
    Why would I not believe that a post office could be busy?

I've been in a post office before.

Shops too.
    • Socajam
    • By Socajam 3rd Dec 19, 5:40 PM
    • 643 Posts
    • 914 Thanks
    Socajam
    queuing for 30 minutes at a post office on a Saturday evening is not how I want to spend my time, not sure it's that unusual?
    Originally posted by pkmid
    Let's turn this around : if these were your glasses, would you not be grateful that someone gave up their time and 4.55 to return your glasses to the company.
    How desperate are you for 4.55? Is this amount going to create serious financial difficulties to your life?
    You sound extremely stressed about the whole episode. It's the holiday season, people are overworked getting customers items out to them.
    What I have found is that when you do things from the generous nature of your heart, good things happen when you least expect them to.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

828Posts Today

6,674Users online

Martin's Twitter