Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MA1987
    • By MA1987 3rd Dec 19, 3:34 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MA1987
    ParcelMonkey refusing to pay for lost packages
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:34 PM
    ParcelMonkey refusing to pay for lost packages 3rd Dec 19 at 3:34 PM
    Hello Everyone,

I moved from France back to the UK in July and sent 9 boxes with parcel monkey. I purchased this online with insurance, so every package was insured from 250-500 eur depending on the contents.

They lost 6 out of the 9 boxes. We are now in December and I have only been paid for 1 of the boxes (the cheapest one for that matter). They have this very scummy tactic of waiting 3-4weeks to answer which delays everything. They demanded original purchase receipts or every single item in the boxes to pay out, which was incredibly difficult, but we managed to find enough to cover the insured value.

Now they refuse to pay more than 100eur / box as the 'items are used and are personal' (which is much lower than the insured amount). They ignored me when I asked for the terms and conditions of the insurance I was sold.

One of the boxes was actually delivered in front of our house to a ramdom person in the street that never gave us our package (the others were lost in transit). They refuse to pay on this one as they say it was delivered to the correct address. (They have a signature of some Random person in the street were we live and dont even know their surname).

The problem here is that they are in a position of power, they do not have a phone number, so you have to use their messaging system and wait weeks for an answer. They refuse to pay what we insured the packages for. What can I do? Would suing them be likely to be successful?
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 3rd Dec 19, 3:47 PM
    • 13,571 Posts
    • 6,224 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:47 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:47 PM
    In what country was the actual Parcel Monkey purchase ??
    • MA1987
    • By MA1987 3rd Dec 19, 4:05 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MA1987
    • 3rd Dec 19, 4:05 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 4:05 PM
    Purchased online from parcelmonkey.com shipping from France to the UK.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 3rd Dec 19, 5:17 PM
    • 62,975 Posts
    • 45,344 Thanks
    soolin
    • 3rd Dec 19, 5:17 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 5:17 PM
    Just to be pedantic, parcelmonkey were not the ones who lost your parcels, it was whichever courier you opted to use as parcel monkey are just third party brokers. Any insurance restrictions would be based on the courier's requirement, so check the courier t and cs out to see what they say about used personal goods.

Unfortunately having a broker involved can rather complicate matters as it just adds another layer in to the dispute , but all you can do is persevere.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

801Posts Today

6,619Users online

Martin's Twitter