Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • xyz111
    • By xyz111 3rd Dec 19, 4:03 PM
    • 116Posts
    • 3Thanks
    xyz111
    repair from accident
    • 3rd Dec 19, 4:03 PM
    repair from accident 3rd Dec 19 at 4:03 PM
    hi had an accident and some damage...wondering instead of claiming it from other party insurance ..can I log the request to my insurance and get it repaired...not sure if the damage area is a new from unknown source and happens to be very close to that from the accident...
Page 1
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 3rd Dec 19, 4:12 PM
    • 2,798 Posts
    • 4,577 Thanks
    k3lvc
    • 3rd Dec 19, 4:12 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 4:12 PM
    So you want to claim that some pre-existing damage was part of the accident you've just had ? What happens when the insurers sends someone to check the damage and they immediately spot it could never have been from the same incident ? Its called fraud and insurers don't take kindly to it

If it's close to the new area of damage then why noy negotiate with the repairer and pay them directly to fix the old damage whilst they're doing the new ?
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 3rd Dec 19, 4:19 PM
    • 4,995 Posts
    • 6,749 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 3rd Dec 19, 4:19 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 4:19 PM
    hi had an accident and some damage...wondering instead of claiming it from other party insurance ..can I log the request to my insurance and get it repaired...not sure if the damage area is a new from unknown source and happens to be very close to that from the accident...
    Originally posted by xyz111
    So you want people to advise you if fraud is a good idea or not?

Easy. It's not.

Edited to add: Especially when the police have already been involved, assuming this is the accident you had a couple of weeks ago.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

848Posts Today

6,715Users online

Martin's Twitter