Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fudap
    • By Fudap 3rd Dec 19, 2:52 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Fudap
    PCN from Premier Parking Logistics
    • 3rd Dec 19, 2:52 PM
    PCN from Premier Parking Logistics 3rd Dec 19 at 2:52 PM
    Hi All

I've read through the Newbie Sticky threat, but I think that considering the evidence that the company has (boy they did take plenty of photos) I'm not sure that I have much of a chance of disputing this PCN if I go to an appeal (assuming of course, the PPL wants to go to court)

Basically, I usually pay via an online system for this car park (Parkonomy) but forgot to pay one day. Photos include the sign that says about the 100 fine, although the sign is a little small, my car is literally in front of the sign, and took a close-up photo of the sign.

Any advice for me in my situation? Should I still wait it out as the newbie thread suggests, or should I cough up. (sorry for lack of photos, can't upload as new member.

A
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Dec 19, 2:55 PM
    • 79,154 Posts
    • 93,009 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 3rd Dec 19, 2:55 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 2:55 PM
    Ignore them till they try a small claim. They are a small firm, not especially litigious.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 3rd Dec 19, 2:56 PM
    • 18,997 Posts
    • 23,669 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 3rd Dec 19, 2:56 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 2:56 PM
    Should I still wait it out as the newbie thread suggests...
    Originally posted by Fudap
    Wait it out?? Is that really what the NEWBIES thread says?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 3rd Dec 19, 2:58 PM
    • 41,340 Posts
    • 91,621 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 3rd Dec 19, 2:58 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 2:58 PM
    It is not a fine.

Follow the advice in the NEWBIES and send the appeal template in blue text.
    Read up on what to do if/when it is rejected.

Get pics of the site and signage including the entrance.

Do you know for an absolute certainty that the PPC has a valid contract with the landowner, that cameras have planning permission, that the signs have advertising consent, that the signs meet the requirements of their ATA and those in the Beavis case, does the NTK meet or fail the strict requirements of the PoFA 2012?
    If not, how do you know you are bang to rights.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 3rd Dec 19, 3:01 PM
    • 15,976 Posts
    • 16,766 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:01 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:01 PM
    I'm not sure that I have much of a chance of disputing this PCN

You probably have a lot more than you think, contract, timeliness, wording, signage, LA permissions, wording etc., it is all in the stickies, have you read them?

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP after the election, as it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.

BTW, it is not a fine, it is an invoice from an ex-clamper for damages for the harm they allege they suffered when you did what you did. You do not owe them a penny unless a judge says so.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Fudap
    • By Fudap 3rd Dec 19, 3:16 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Fudap
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:16 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:16 PM

Should I still wait it out as the newbie thread suggests...
    Originally posted by Fudap
    ”Wait it out?? Is that really what the NEWBIES thread says?

Well, wait it out until you get a Notice to keeper and then appeal - it's just that so far according to the main points in the newbie thread I couldn't see anything obvious that jumps out in terms of being able to fight it.

Also of course yes, not a fine.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Dec 19, 3:25 PM
    • 79,154 Posts
    • 93,009 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:25 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:25 PM
    it's just that so far according to the main points in the newbie thread I couldn't see anything obvious that jumps out in terms of being able to fight it.
    I'd say merely because they are not a big player, even though you have less grounds than some, still wait and see because defending a court claim has no huge costs or CCJ risk attached to it, as long as you keep the PPC updated if you move address.

The worst cases are those where posters here know they have a PCN in play, but then move house then wonder why, 2 years later, they've unexpectedly got a secret CCJ to an old address. Keep the address up to date and you are fine, as you can check each letter if just hot air and file it (i.e. keep them in a file marked 'scam' just in case, for 6 years).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Fudap
    • By Fudap 3rd Dec 19, 3:39 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Fudap
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:39 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:39 PM
    OK, thanks for that! I've read the advice so far so I've not given any details of myself or anything as of yet, or confirmed that I was the driver. - thankfully no plans to move house in the next 3 years so - no worries on that front!

I guess as others, I'll keep this updated as to developments?

Thanks for the reassurance, it's appreciated.

A
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

801Posts Today

6,619Users online

Martin's Twitter