Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ascenn
    • By Ascenn 3rd Dec 19, 10:48 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ascenn
    Garage is taking way too long and not communicating
    • 3rd Dec 19, 10:48 AM
    Garage is taking way too long and not communicating 3rd Dec 19 at 10:48 AM
    On October 23rd i messaged a garage that reconditioned the engine on my E90 320d as i had a warranty on the engine and i was having problems potentially related to it. They said they could not look at the car until the 30th and that is when i sent it to them and they received the car. This garage is about 110miles from my house so i was not driving it there.

They then said as the check-engine management light was not on, it is not an engine problem and they do not have time to look into it until next week (the 6th) at which point it was diagnosed as a turbo failure and i would be paying out of pocket as its not covered.

Each week after that, i have repeatedly called and have been ignored, and when they do pick up the phone they tell me the supplier sent the wrong turbo so they have to reorder it. This happened twice and they are currently waiting on the 3rd turbo they have supposedly ordered after sending the supplier the serial number they got from taking the turbo off the car.

It is now the 3rd of December, a whole 6 weeks after initial contact, and 4 weeks after diagnosis and the car has not been repaired. I have prepaid about 645 as deposit on parts, the labor comes to 180 and im afraid that if i ask them to cancel i lose the deposit on parts.

Any advice?
Page 1
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 3rd Dec 19, 11:00 AM
    • 26,420 Posts
    • 26,385 Thanks
    AdrianC
    • 3rd Dec 19, 11:00 AM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 11:00 AM
    They've told you what the delay is.

They diagnosed it on 6th Nov.
    You paid for the parts, they ordered them.
    Their supplier has sent them the wrong bits twice now. They don't have the right bits yet.

The car is in bits, because they needed to get the part number from the old, dead turbo. You can't easily take it away, unless they put more labour in to putting the dead one back in.

What more do you want?

I'm sure they're heartily sick of the sight of the thing, and would quite like to get it done and gone, too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

773Posts Today

6,266Users online

Martin's Twitter