Bulb broader group warm home discount, anyone had an email yet?

Options
I’ve noticed on the community pages lots of people asking the same question, when will the broader group be advised about their warm home discount.

They just keep replying to everyone saying they will be emailed. Has anyone been emailed about it yet?

I switched my mum to bulb she had the £140 warm home previously with SSE and it was no hassle, bulb seem very late letting people know.

Comments

• mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Edf won't give the discount to the broader group. If you don't get benefits you don't get the discount. I'm going to see if British Gas will give me the discount and switch to them. Their tariffs are cheaper anyway. Edf has just given me a refund and then hiked the monthly payments up. I've just been widowed and can't afford this sort of messing about.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • tillycat123
    Options
    It’s bulb I was asking about not EDF.

Just wanting to know if anyone who registered for the broader group warm home have had the email about getting it yet.
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    According to their website, they are not yet open for applications.
  • meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    I got the email today:

"We’re just popping by to keep you in the loop about the Warm Home Discount. You told us you were interested in it a little while ago.

We’re nearly ready to take applications for the Broader Group. We’ll email you next week when applications open.

Only a limited number of people can get the discount, so applications are first come, first served for people who are eligible.

Useful things to know
    You have to be a Bulb electricity member
    If you're still switching to Bulb, you’ll be able to fill in the application once your switch completes.

All the best,
    Team Bulb"
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Yes I got one yesterday, same as meherenow, they will send us an email next week and we can all rush to apply. Fingers crossed we're one of the 'first come, first served'. I'm fed up with bulb, and I've only been with them since January.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure