What small DFW things will you do w/c 15th October?

Options

Comments

• merida88
    merida88 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh dear - turns out my mum is unwell! She went to the doctors d/t a *ahem* boil on the botty and is now booked in for an operation, IV antibiotics and has cellulitis!! :eek:

Oh gosh, cellulitis can be a bit grim - I hope she feels better soon!
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks DNMS

Spent the weekend paining - am shattered.

Had leftover veg for lunch today - need to plan a bit better tomorrow and remember to bring my cutlery

All washing has been done, and tumble dried, stupid weather - but at least the house was warm and didnt have to put heating on.

Bank balance is lookign low, payday Friday but have a big CC payment due out Thursday and unless soem of the outstanding invoices are paid from customers then its going to go over my bank balance
    :( owed £600 or so at the moment

Kids have packed lunches - but son has been askign to go back on school dinners now the weather is getting colder

managed to get my daughter on a weekly bus ticket finally so thats saving 70p a day

Not sure what to make for tea tonight, maybe pasta, havent had pasta for ages - might make enough for lunch tomorrow too

Nat
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 15 October 2018 at 3:12PM
    Options
    Afternoon all,
    Thanks Dnms for this weeks thread.
    Clf, I'm not too bad thank you. Well done with your PB! Hope you're mums better soon.
    Dawn, get well soon
    :waves: to everyone :)

Todays list
    * gym done & refilled water bottle done
    * Aldee with shopping list whoops forgot the list but remembered most of what was on there, only forgot the flour but its not urgent anyway
    * ys bread for toast this morning I had jam kids had it with eggs
    * tonight it will be leftover stew/dumplings or meatball pasta
    * sort out the shed, tidy it and get it closed up properly done
    * wash two loads and hang out on the line to hopefully dry done, well they're hung out but theres hardly any wind so I won't hold my breath that they'll come in dry!
    * iron 3 of dh's work shirts I'd washed last week done and put away - hes got enough clean/ironed ones to see out the week now :)
    * wd40 conservatory window fittings as they're very stiff to open done, this has been bugging me for weeks and only took 3 minutes to do that lot! why oh why do I put these things off!
    * check banking/update spreadsheet & make a note of my mileage done
    * clean kitchen using stardrops/microfibre cloth
    * rm survey & unaddressed survey
    * update freezer list and do a meal plan for the next couple of days done
    * hoover out my car and tidy it as the kids have started leaving snotty tissues in the doors etc!! :mad: done - if they do this again I'm telling them I'm going to dock the pocket money!
    * make families lunches for tomorrow

Take care all and have a good day.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Many thanks for starting us off DNMS, I hope u are feeling better after the fainting episode-very scary:eek:

I did do a post this morning but lost it. Got up early as the car was being picked up to go into the garage for bodywork to be fixed from when it was hit last year......the garage rang at midday to say could they change it to next week:mad:

Caught up with last week's thread last night but haven't really had anything to post as I also was full of cold last week, plus major headaches going on with my surgery funding but it now seems to be getting sorted:beer:

DawnW hope u are beginning to feel better, I had to up my meds as I was really struggling
    Foxgloves I was ever so sorry to hear about ur mum, sending hugs just in case u do have a read
    CLFI hope everything goes okay with ur mum, does she know when she is going into hospital yet or is she already in?
    CCL make sure u have some time out for u......u sound so tired:(

I have been keeping the MS faith
    *have been checking my banking everyday
    *bought some chicken to chuck into the slow cooker. Found some veg that needs using up-getting thrown in with the chicken:)
    *went to an event Saturday night. Dropped off some presents to the relatives that don't live too far away. The weather was awful here, villages beginning to flood and power going down but checked my routes and apart from one bad patch on the way the journey was good. It was great to see the relatives and I saved a fortune on postage-usually send them
    *will be starting back on the RM surveys-Just in time from Christmas:T
    *lodged a missing claim with quidco
    *still doing my decluttering(snail pace:rotfl:). Sold an item on eBay, only for pennies but at least it is out of the house and someone will get use from it, I hadn't even taken it out of the packet. Pennies sweeped into savings account

That's about it from me, have a great afternoon everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    CLFI hope everything goes okay with ur mum, does she know when she is going into hospital yet or is she already in?

Thanks HK (and everyone else who wishes her well). She went to the docs this morning and they sent her to A&E and now she's having the op today!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »

* Get some exercise.

We walked to the ferry terminal and went over to a nearby island. (£3.30 each).

Then walked nearly all the way round the island for three hours.

Took coffee and snacks etc (diabetic) DW needed more sustenance half way round so we spend £4.40 at a kiosk getting hot rolls.

Then got the bus back to the ferry slipway. DW got on free with her bus pass and I paid £2.

So, a whole day out for £13. Pleased with that.

Then home and I cooked dinner from stores even though I'm tired; did not get a takeaway.

Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    merida88 wrote: »
    Hi all :hello:

Thanks DNMS for the new thread! What variety of pup do you have btw?

It's a sprockerpoo (would have been called a mongrol back when I was a nipper and probably would have been free!)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's a sprockerpoo (would have been called a mongrol back when I was a nipper and probably would have been free!)

Awww, a wee Heinz 57.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello :hello:
    Just a quick one from me tonight, as I am shattered. 4 more get ups until half term :j
    I am a bit poorly. Think it's a touch of sinusitis - I have a lot of pressure in my head and quite a bit of pain under my eyes as well. Thankfully, Sudafed has taken it down to a manageable level so I can continue with work. I can't really take any time off at the moment - it's the type of job where it's easier to go in than stay off unfortunately, and there's loads going on at the moment in terms of change.
    Other than Sudafed - no spends today at all. Another day closer to payday.
    Emailed my solicitor asking for a progress report.
    Emailed W00l Warehouse about my missing order now that 14 days have passed.
    Really nothing else to report - 25 mins until I can have my night time medicine then head off to bed for the night.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    DNMS Thank you for starting this weeks thread :A

I haven't read what everyone has been upto today as I have been extremely busy with extended family issues. I'll catch up first thing tomorrow.

Sending hugs to everyone who needs one.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts