Adventures of the Boy & Me: Part 2..

Comments

• Evening.

I've spent the past couple of days thinking about a lot of things and I've decided to have an emotional clear out.

I'm going to let go of many things in my life, some of which are important to me but ultimately I think it may be for the best.

I need to concentrate on myself and the boy's future. That's the most important thing, it's just me and him. If one day someone can be part of that then great, if not then that's okay too.

Me and the boy are fine as we are and we'll get through whatever life throws our way. We always do.

I think I may low for a little while. I've been blogging my thoughts and feelings elsewhere for some time now and one day I may look back and laugh. It's like my own personal diary that no one else but me can see. It's been my lifeline just lately.

So that's where we stand.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 702 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I hope you!!!8217;re ok, xxxx
    Virtual Sealed Pot No.07
  • I'll be okay, I have to be. What other choice do I have? I'm trying to remain positive which sometimes can be hard.

Yesterday I spent most of the day sleeping or binge watching boxsets. I think it was much needed.

I was woken up early this morning and although at the time, I wasn't grateful for this, I am now.

I've spent the morning pottering about and have plans for the afternoon. I'm going to go put some petrol into the car and quickly nip into the shops. I should spend no more then £25 in total. £20 for petrol to see me through until the end of the month and £5 on bits at the shop.

I'm going to try and rein spends in for the rest of the month. All my budget pots are intact and I've not moved any from one to another.

I have £74.25 left in the entertainment fund account and £20 in cash in my purse. I also have £88.30 left in a surplus account which covers other things. In total that's £182.55 for the next eight days so I shouldn't struggle too much. Ideally I'd like to save £100 of this but we'll see what happens. It's a bonus should it happen and will go straight towards the holiday fund/emergency fund.

Anyhow I best go get ready, the afternoon awaits me which includes a long walk with my friend and her dog where we shall have a good catch up :D.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • I've just had a quick check in money wise where my original surplus has gone.. £240 for annual passes for our local theme park, £50 on makeup I treated myself to.. and £55 towards putting a deposit down on a venue for my mum's birthday. Hopefully next month I won't have all this :o:p:D
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • I'm back home finally.

I went and filled my car up with petrol and nipped to the shops. Then I met up with my best friend and we went for a long walk with her dog where we had a catch up on each others lives. I managed to get alot of things off my chest which felt good and got her opinion on different aspects of my life. We then picked the boys up from school and walked back to hers where we said our goodbyes :).

Me and the boy then went to my Auntie & Uncles house where we picked up the party invites for my mum's birthday and had a cuppa and a chat about day to day things. It was nice and relaxed and the boy spent time winding up my uncle and vice versa- they're both as bad as one another.

We've then come home and had tea. We have the boys homework to do then it will be shower and bedtime.

I'm absolutely exhausted and can't wait to sleep tonight. I had a phone call from my care team who said my care coordinator should be back from next week, fingers crossed it all works out that way. I'm sick of hearing one excuse after another and that I should be fine because I work within the profession. It's not the point, they still have a duty of care and right at this moment it's lacking.

Anyhow I suppose I best get on with my evening. I've a few things left to do and want to get them done before I fall asleep.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Wow what does your job have to do with it... medical professionals still can need the same support as anyone else sometimes more! Really hope when they come back things get better.
    Sounds like you are as busy as ever but with a nice balance of seeing friends and family, the boys father may be not much use but its lovely to hear how many people he has in his life to support him :)
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • Jvr, you're right. It shouldn't have anything to do with it but I somehow think it does, sadly. I have the knowledge and understand a great deal about my condition and medication but it doesn't mean I don't struggle at times. I hit crisis point the other next and I was just told yet again to wait until my care coordinator is back again. I think I'm going to just crack on with it and try to keep things together as much as possible.

I'm lucky I have a good support network around me. It's been a tough, emotional couple of days and without my mum and manfriend, I don't know where I'd be. Plus the other friends in my life who somehow keep me going. I need to count my lucky stars.

I've had a couple of spends this week which were unexpected but all still within budget. I'm not too fussed about these. February is the first month I have stuck to a proper budget and still have saving pots intact and untouched. Let's hope the same goes for March and continues.

This week has been my week of annual leave and I have managed to keep busy most days.

On Wednesday, I had a chill out day spent at home sorting a few things out. I was suppose to meet a friend but rearranged for Friday instead. I then took the boy ice skating and he did really well.

On Thursday I spent time with manfriend helping him do some odd jobs here and there. We then went for lunch and had a good laugh with one another. I left the restaurant with lettuce stuck in my hair, how immature of us. It was the evening where everything went downhill for me and my moods just changed, it wasn't a good time. I found myself sat in my car contemplating life and what to do with it. I spoke to someone who probably stopped me from making any rash decisions and then I ended up going home for the night where I was able to keep safe. The care team I contacted stated they would liase with my own care team regarding further support.

On Friday I met up with an old friend who I haven't seen for years. We spent three hours in Asda cafe having a good catch up which was much needed. We had a bacon barm each that cost £1, a refillable soft drink that was £1 and I had a coffee which was £1.25. What a bargain and would definately recommend for somewhere cheap and cheerful for a catch up.

I then spoke to my own care team who overrode and did not take into account what happened the night before. I was asked what extra support I think I reauire.. I keep telling them but no one is listening. I'm really beginning to give up with them. I'm no longer going to look to them for support and I feel like I need a break from them.

The boys dad popped round for an hour last night and bought him a pizza.. as if that makes up for lack of time/seeing him. There was tension amongst the situation which made me feel stressed out even further and I just needed to get myself away.

I had a few drinks last night and then just completely zonked out.

I've not long woken up and the boy wants to go swimming. As much as I don't want to, I'm going to have to make the effort and push myself to go. Whilst there I will enquire about the gym and how I go about signing up. I'm changing gyms as its closer to home and this one has swimming facilities. I'm going to set aside the time each week to at least go 2/3 times to burn off some energy.

That's it really.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • So yet another couple of days have passed.

On Saturday I joined the new gym and cancelled my membership to the old one. It's a bit more expensive each month but I receive a discount and it's much closer to home and has swimming facilities. As I joined I obviously didn't have to pay for swimming that day and it turns out the boy can swim for free because he does swimming lessons. What a bonus, we will definately be going swimming more often now.

So we had a lovely afternoon at swimming and it was good to have that one on one time together. I'd left my phone at home so there were no distractions and it was just us two. Although the day started off with me feeling quite low, by the end of it I felt much better.

On Sunday I worked an extra shift to help work out, which means I'll have some extra funds at the end of the week and will divert these to a seperate account to pay towards my Mum's surprise 60th birthday. My mum had the boy for the morning and took him to his ice skating lesson and after that finished my friend took him to a local rollerblading place where he had lots of fun then had a McDonald's as s treat. He then went off to his Nanny's. Once I finished work, I headed home and spent the rest of the evening chilling out and watching television before having an early night.

This morning I woke up early and headed off to the gym for an induction. I was there for 7.45am and spent around half an hour going through and trying all the machines, in total I did around 40 minutes of cardio and then I headed off to the swimming pool for half an hour. I really want to get back into swimming and improve my strength/stamina. I've never been a strong swimmer and I want to improve on this. The instructor at the gym was wonderful and we went through my goals and aims I want to acheive through going to the gym, the most important one is to improve my mental health/increase my energy levels. If I start to lose weight or inches that's a bonus.

I'm off to a friend's house this afternoon for a coffee and a catch up. She's not been well and is going through a tough time so I've reached out to her and let her know I'm there no matter what. I'm sure she appreciates it and I can relate to a lot of what she is going through.

Then after that I'm due to have some beauty treatments done which will cost around £30. It may sound expensive but I only have them done around once every six weeks and it makes me feel alot better at the end of it. I've started to allow space in the budget for these things where as once I used to go without.

Just lately I'm starting to take pride in my appearance and I'm setting aside the time to do my hair and makeup because it improves my confidence and self esteem.

That's pretty much it for today. In between this all I'm going to try and sort out some of my bedroom and will start with small areas/boxes and work from there.

I also need to get on with writing out the invitations for my mum's birthday and get them sent out as soon as possible.

I'm working tomorrow which is an early start until six, so I need to arrange childcare for the boy and will ask his dad to help out if possible.

Bye for now!
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    You sound a bit better, and the swimming is great positive way of spending time together.
    Glad you managed to reach out to someone during the really difficult night.
    I have probably said it before but really enjoy your style of writing
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • Cheers jvr. I guess sometimes I can have a way with words. Writing things down kind of helps me to get it down.

There are many things in my life that are up and down at the moment and I somehow need to sort out how I'm going to deal with them.

I need to become less emotionally dependent on people and learn to fend for myself. I need to work on my confidence and self esteem and stop being so self conscious. There's alot to wotk on and I'll get there in the end.

If it means me doing it on my own then I'm okay with that.

Ultimately I need to decide well and truly what I exactly want.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts