Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• abaines
    Options
    hi can someone help me am with avro was paying a set amount for my supply then received a email saying they were more than doubling my DDbecause they havent received my meter readings can they do this ive tried logging in but cant tried ringing them but its a long wait to talk to someone
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 February 2018 at 9:21PM
    Options
    abaines, if you cant log on because you have forgotten your password then you can reset it on the logon screen but this assumes that you know your logon id.
    You can always post or email your readings to them if you cant get through on the phone but it sounds like you really need to speak to somebody on the phone.

support@avroenergy.co.uk for readings
  • Bilbo123
    Bilbo123 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 14 February 2018 at 10:54AM
    Options
    My experience with Avro Energy has been terrible and I suspect that more negative publicity is going to come out now that their "sweetheart" deals launched a year ago come to an end.

In my case, they increase their prices by over 30% and then made such trouble when I wanted to switch away. They said I owed them money (totally untrue) and then threatened to "force entry" into my home to "disconnect your electricity supply". I have never been treated like this by any company and regret the day I even heard of Avro Energy.

The company is run by a kid in his 20s and the last accounts posted show a liability, so they are actually trading whilst insolvent. No wonder they are using such tactics to keep customers.

Awful, awful company.
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dont know where you get your accounts from but the last filed accounts show a net value of £397k in 2016.
  • PeteDrag
    Options
    I saw the negative accounts too. They must have just filed new accounts. They are obviously making money after suckering loads of customers like me in. Their customer service is woe so they are clearly not spending any of their profits on that. Switching away from Avro Energy is an ordeal and a half and guess the good experiences of them on here have not yet included switching away. I suspect the negative stories will start coming out when customers realise that the company has sucked them in with low prices, increased them and then make it almost impossible to leave.

I had to get OFGEM involved. Says it all, really.
  • PeteDrag
    Options
    Just an addendum to this. I look at accounts on a daily basis and whilst the balance sheet of around £400k looks impressive at first glance, you have to see how it was made. They show money (debtors due) in (presumaby from customers) of nearly £6million but they show money owed as nearly £7million. That means a £1milion negative position. Then there is the mysterious £2.5million cash in the bank. Yet there is no link to that in the previous year's accounts which would lead me to believe that there has been a cash injection from somewhere (possibly investors thinking the company could grow and make an un-aided profit) and that money would have to be repaid at some point in the future.

The fact that a utility company would file unaudited accounts (not certified by an account) makes me worry greatly. How much does it cost to audit accounts for a company turning over £millions - very fishy. The fact that their customer service is still so awful (typical wait times of 20+ minutes, then not a nice person at the other end) indicates to me that they have been 'told' not to spend money.
  • Natalie299
    Options
    Avoid this company at all cost. I switched to Avro after them offering me a much more competitive rare. I entered my meter reading every month as requested and was told I was in credit every month on my statement. However after a year of being with Avro, I decided to ring up to renew my yearly energy. Whilst on this call they informed me that there had been an error with all of my meter readings and instead of contacting me to query this they decided to estimate it instead.( this had been going on for 11 months). This has now lead to me having a 250 pound bill. Avro's complaint team has been horrific with very little help or attempts to help resolve an error. The staff from the compliant department were very rude. In my opinion don't use them, worse company we have ever used.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PeteDrag wrote: »
    Just an addendum to this. I look at accounts on a daily basis and whilst the balance sheet of around £400k looks impressive at first glance, you have to see how it was made. They show money (debtors due) in (presumaby from customers) of nearly £6million but they show money owed as nearly £7million. That means a £1milion negative position. Then there is the mysterious £2.5million cash in the bank. Yet there is no link to that in the previous year's accounts which would lead me to believe that there has been a cash injection from somewhere (possibly investors thinking the company could grow and make an un-aided profit) and that money would have to be repaid at some point in the future.

The fact that a utility company would file unaudited accounts (not certified by an account) makes me worry greatly. How much does it cost to audit accounts for a company turning over £millions - very fishy. The fact that their customer service is still so awful (typical wait times of 20+ minutes, then not a nice person at the other end) indicates to me that they have been 'told' not to spend money.

Too many of the new suppliers are little more than a person with a laptop. Ofgem makes it very clear that it does not endorse any Licence Holder as being a ‘fit and person’ nor does it carry out any due diligence/business checks. If I recall, GBEnergy made a sound start then went for rapid growth and failed with over 150k customers; 18 staff and owing £25M. As you know, Coop Energy took over the business but still ended up with a payment from the Consumer Levy (that is, us) of over £10M. Ofgem seems to think that granting a Supply Licence with a correctly filled in application form and £400 makes sense. It would seem, from recent media posts, that the Head of Citizens Advice disagrees. She quite rightly points out that it is consumers who have to deal with the fallout from a supplier that is clearly out of its depth.
  • Summernights
    Options
    Switched to Avro in August 2017 to their Simple and Value Tariff, from Co-Op energy. Found their website very good, easy to manoeuvre around. Get monthly prompts from them when readings are due, and prompt statements are issued on my account. They were very helpful to me when Co-op would not issue me with my final statement of account.
  • Nuend0
    Nuend0 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 March 2018 at 1:27PM
    Options
    Moved to Avro September 2017.
    The switch went without trouble but even when entering meter reads each month, every statement had a ludicrously high estimate shown.
    Eventually got 3 months worth of statements manually adjusted by them, but by this time outfixthemarket had a significantly cheaper deal, so as there were no exit fees, I jumped.
    The switch went smoothly again until the final statement was generated.
    I'd submitted a reading to Avro and outfoxthemarket at the same time for the switch, which Avro took absolutely no notice of, and added an additional 1400+ units to their estimated final "reading".
    Outfoxthemarket already had this "reading" in dispute with Avro when I contacted them for further advice, and on contacting Avro I was initially told that this reading had come from the new supplier!
    Personally doubt I'd go with Avro again because of the insanely innacurate billing.

**EDIT TO ADD MORE INFO**
    The insanely high final statement meant they were looking for an additional £70 odd to settle, but by my calculations, I should have been around £90 in credit!
    Reading the rest of the comments not holding much hope of this being an easy process of extracting my credit from them, but did at least cancel my DD as soon as I saw the ridiculous final statement.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback