Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• bclark
    bclark Posts: 882 Forumite
    I rang up and cancelled Sky about 10 days ago. I got offered 50% off on the phone but I declined that as it was only 50% off the basic package but no discount on HD/multi room etc so more expensive than the deal I was on.

I haven't been contacted or anything by them yet with a better deal but I have tried to check the offers on mysky, as others have suggested, but all I got is a message saying 'you can't proceed' and a phone number so no offers at all.

Is this normal now?
  • BikingBud
    BikingBud Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    bclark wrote: »
    I rang up and cancelled Sky about 10 days ago. I got offered 50% off on the phone but I declined that as it was only 50% off the basic package but no discount on HD/multi room etc so more expensive than the deal I was on.

I haven't been contacted or anything by them yet with a better deal but I have tried to check the offers on mysky, as others have suggested, but all I got is a message saying 'you can't proceed' and a phone number so no offers at all.

Is this normal now?
    Have you tried:

"Services"
    "My Account"
    via the Sky+ box there were deals logged on there?
    Mortgage: £200,000 (Sep 2021)                                      Initial MF date: Sep 2031 

Int Rate:
    1.19% fixed until Nov 2026 (8.5% follow on rate?)
    Cap+Int Repaid: £65100 (32%)  £80,704 (40%) £82468 (40.48%)£89507 (43%) £91267 (44.7%) £98,309 (48.02%)

Target MF date: Nov 2026  Current MF date: Dec 2029,  Nov 2029, Apr 2029, May 2029                                    
    Target Int Saving: £25,561 Current Int Saved: £12,350,   £13,421,  £16,991, £17,989, £18,699, £20,495

Overpayments suspended and surplus cash currently being diverted to high interest savings.
  • Trickytrotter
    Trickytrotter Posts: 10 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 26 February 2017 at 10:59PM
    Online the offers in My Sky are in the Shop tab not in Mysky/offers! Hover on the shop tab and click on left Sky in the last 12 months.
  • bclark
    bclark Posts: 882 Forumite
    Thanks that's got me in.

They are offering 60% off but that doesn't apply to so many of the extras like HD and multiroom that it's nothing like that in the end.

I have been spoiled by friends and family deals on £35pm.
  • Prycop
    Prycop Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi,

Cancelled SKY last week after only getting 10% offer to stay.
    Received an email comfirming, but no offer to stay.

Checked my messages through the Interactive button today and received 60% off.

I've got all channels bar Movies, no multiroom but have HD.
    Offer does not include Sky HD

Monthly payment reduced from £76 to £34 inc HD.
    Saved over £500.
  • moodykat
    moodykat Posts: 57 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I cancelled on 23rd February over Live Chat after being offered 40% off for 12 months, on a new 12 month contract. But I would have to pay a £10 admin fee. Never heard of that before!

When I access my account through the Sky Box I can see a 60% off to remain. I also had a phone call where the lady offered 50% for 12 months with no new contract. If I go through the App or the Website though it just says that I have to phone them.

What I really want is a new box and a discount! They seem to be very reluctant to do that though! Has anyone had any luck negotiating a new Sky Q box out of them as well as a discount?
  • andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    moodykat wrote: »
    I cancelled on 23rd February over Live Chat after being offered 40% off for 12 months, on a new 12 month contract. But I would have to pay a £10 admin fee. Never heard of that before!

When I access my account through the Sky Box I can see a 60% off to remain. I also had a phone call where the lady offered 50% for 12 months with no new contract. If I go through the App or the Website though it just says that I have to phone them.

What I really want is a new box and a discount! They seem to be very reluctant to do that though! Has anyone had any luck negotiating a new Sky Q box out of them as well as a discount?

Easiest way is to sign up on a 60% off deal, then upgrade to Sky Q, you retain the discount.
  • moodykat
    moodykat Posts: 57 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I had no idea I could upgrade and retain the discount - that is good news!
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The only problem you may have with getting a good discount with Sky and then going over to Sky Q and still getting the discount is i think Sky Q has an 18 month min term contract so the last 6 months maybe very expensive as i don't think many Sky Q customers have managed to get good discounts after the 1st year has ended unlike the discounts you get with Sky HD+ but i maybe wrong.
    I did look at getting Q after i got a discount for HD+ but Sky had just started to do 18 month min term and would not budge on that so i stayed with what i have.
  • I cancelled today after going through Live chat - she offered me 40% discount and said that was her best deal. I even offered to swap broadband and line rental to them if she could better it but she couldn't offer anything better than their standard offers. I proceeded to cancel, finished my coffee and walked downstairs to the sky box. Lo and behold was a 60% discount offer waiting for me.

Saving of nearly £275 over next 12 months.
    Competition Wins July - Sept 2011: Legoland tickets, 5 x boxes of Lego, Moscow State Circus tickets, Grand Design tickets, kids sports kit
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback