Eon - lowell ***ombudsman update***

123457»

Comments

• D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    After a long, hard fight - a good result.

Would have been a great help to you if the "helpful guy" had confirmed to you in writing what he said on the phone.

Now all that needs to happen is for E.On to action the ombudsman's reccommendations and for Lowell to confirm to you that they have returned the "debt" and will no longer be harassing you for payment.
  • yup , eon were very very care what they wrote via email and letter , or to put this another way , they would not admit fault or wrongdoing in print

as stated to the ombudsman in a phone call , this could easily have been sorted at my first contact , instead I ran round like an idiot producing new tenancy agreements , council tax receipts only to be told "you could live in two houses"

I should not have had to put up with the verbal ause from lowells as well

hopefully fully sorted now , however the clock is ticking , only 12 days before the 28 days set by ombudsman
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 April 2019 at 4:31PM
    Clowns r us

the only description of eon I can give
    as you all can read , this case was resolved last october , I gave eon the name , address tel no and email of the builder that owned the house and "borrowed" the power

some 6 mth later I (yes me) am being bombarded with phone calls and Txt "dear <mr ,,> you have not paid your bill , please ring xxx or follow this link to pay now"

set of idiots
  • twhitehousescat
    ombudsman contacted , as eon have broken part of there agreement to me , just reread letter ,in there letter they never confirmed "• confirm in writing you have no outstanding debt to E.ON in respect of this property;"

having spoken to eon today they still have my phone and email as an ex customer

the have been txting and ringing a number that they have on file , demanding payment

they have broken there agreement , ombudsman are now taking action against them
  • Just await the ombudsman result.

Advise eon you have taken this to them and to cease contacting you
  • twhitehousescat
    edited 2 April 2019 at 6:26PM
    !!! wrote: »
    Just await the ombudsman result.

Advise eon you have taken this to them and to cease contacting you

the ombudsman told them that 5 mths ago

• confirm in writing you have no outstanding debt to E.ON in respect of this property;

they have failed to to this and are continuing to ask for moneys on this property
  • Take it to the ICO then
  • twhitehousescat
    Eon have failed to reply within statutory 7 days , ombudsman not amused , throwing two fingers up to them and me

my case that was settled has now been reopened and escalated
  • Eon have failed to reply within statutory 7 days , ombudsman not amused , throwing two fingers up to them and me

my case that was settled has now been reopened and escalated

So, twhitehousecat, do we have any update? I know I’m new here but was looking for “research” purposes (something I Googled brought your thread up).

Fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport