Halifax Money Transfer "Service Not Currently Available" after applying?

Options
I just attempted to do a Money Transfer from my Halifax Clarity credit card to my Santander current account.

Filled in the application form, no problems (except it's impossible to enter a number of pence for any amount over £1000 because the field only allows 6 characters to be entered, even though one of their examples is "£1000.00" which it's impossible to enter).

The confirmation screen came up with all the details on it, then immediately disappeared to be replaced with a message that the service is currently unavailable and to try again later, and that my transfer request has not been completed.

Now when I try again, I just get that message straight away and am not even shown a list of offers to select from.

Have they withdrawn my Money Transfer offer because I requested too much?

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seems to be a problem with Halifax/BoS at the minute......I'm getting an error message when trying to do a transfer both on app and online.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 22 October 2018 at 3:28PM
    Options
    BoGoF wrote: »
    Seems to be a problem with Halifax/BoS at the minute......I'm getting an error message when trying to do a transfer both on app and online.
    Thank you - that comes as something of a relief :-)

Edit: Now I'm just getting a spinny thing with "Getting your Offers..." which seems to never disappear. Maybe I'll just try again tomorrow.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    If it is that urgent - phone them?
  • Fingerbobs
    Options
    Same thing happened again today.

Filled in all the details, clicked Continue, confirmation screen flashed up before being replaced by the "try again later" message. Now I can't even get to the list of offers again - just go straight to the "try again later" screen.

It's clearly not going to work.
  • Fingerbobs
    Options
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    Same thing happened again today.

Filled in all the details, clicked Continue, confirmation screen flashed up before being replaced by the "try again later" message. Now I can't even get to the list of offers again - just go straight to the "try again later" screen.

Managed to get it to work by sending the money to my Halifax current account instead of directly to Santander. Sending to a non-Halifax account seemed to break it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure