Wash your uniform at home ?

Options

Comments

• Tjayne
    Options
    My tax code for the past few years has been 1106L on my p60 ?
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tjayne wrote: »
    what is your question?

your coding notice would have explained how the code was made up, what did it say? We cannot read it from here.

do you actually know what a code is? See here:
    https://www.gov.uk/tax-codes
  • Tjayne
    Options
    Sorry it was a reply to ‘dazed and confused’. The question was that my tax code changed after a applied for a clothing washing rebate to an XL code and I was told I wasn’t entitled to a rebate as it was included in previous years ( even though I hadn’t claimed before) it’s now showing as £60 on my tax breakdown for this year but not on previous ones and the letter said I now owe them money. I was trying to understand it all. Sorry for the confusion I’m new to this site.
  • ergot2005
    Options
    I've done this many years ago. Every little helps
  • doodlez1612
    Options
    Tjayne - I would give them a ring. I have done in the past and they were really helpful at explaining it all to me.
  • doodlez1612
    Options
    Incidentally, tax codes change every year so unlikely you had the same come for several years in a row. For reference, last years tax free amount was £11500 so standard tax code was 1150L. And the year before (16/17) was £11000 so 1100L, and 15/16 was £10600 so 1060L and so on. This makes it difficult to diagnose with limited information. Def best you speak to them direct if you are concerned something is not right.
  • Dazed_and_confused
    Options
    Tjayne wrote: »

As doodlez1612 says it's unlikely you had the exact same code for a few years but 1106L is highly likely to mean you were already receiving the £60 allowance
    Personal Allowance £11000 only = code 1100L
    PA £11000 + expenses of £60 = code 1106L
  • moneyspider40
    Options
    Has anyone tried to get a refund through the online form? I sent my form in for uniform washing (I wear some work logo uniform) through government gateway site, along with a claim for a tax rebate from working from home one day a week (I didn't know this could be done either before going through this process). I received a letter back from Inland revenue stating that I cannot claim as I have not put any taxable expenses through in the last 4 years. Is that a stipulation before anyone can claim?
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What exactly did you claim?

For what years?

What is your trade/profession?

Are you self employed or PAYE?

If PAYE, does your employer require you to work from home one day a week or is it your choice?
  • Dazed_and_confused
    Options
    I received a letter back from Inland revenue stating that I cannot claim as I have not put any taxable expenses through in the last 4 years. Is that a stipulation before anyone can claim?

Have you actually paid any tax in the last four years?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback