MoneySaving Poll: What's your favourite Christmas song?

Poll started 22 December 2014

What's your favourite Christmas song?

It's Christmas, so for this week's poll, we're forgetting about money and going for a bit of fun. We've selected some of the most loved Christmas songs – choosing the best known version – and we’d like you to pick your favourites.

Please vote for your FAVOURITE THREE (if yours is missing, feel free to vent).

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Nice idea, but at least two great songs I'd like to have seen included - Greg Lake's "I Believe In Father Christmas" and The Darkness' "Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)". Bah, humbug!

Merry Christmas, everyone!
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Silent Night. When you see it done by a big choir in one of the cathedral services.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • StacFace
    StacFace Posts: 370
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'd have also voted for Christmas Time by The Darkness if it had been listed.
  • What?! No Santa Baby by Madonna? Eartha Kitt's good, but Madonna's better. :p

Also missing December Will Be Magic Again by Kate Bush; Mr Hankey The Christmas Poo by Mr Hankey and Proper Crimbo by Bo Selecta.

What makes me laugh is there's only one line in Stop The Cavalry which makes it a xmas song: "Wish I was at home for Christmas". Anyway, that gets my vote.
    Life's what you make it....

"I've got one, two, three, [STRIKE]four[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]five[/STRIKE]... senses working overtime..", XTC. :sad:

Life beyond voluntary work scares me, but what else is there? :cry:
  • Best one is there.Waitresses-christmas wrapping,can't think of another song that never got in the charts but still gets played 30 years later.
    I have a deep burning indifference
  • I voted for Fairytale of New York - my favourite Xmas song is actually Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, but the Judy Garland version, not Frank Sinatra's or anyone else's. Christmas Wrapping and I Believe In Father Christmas are good choices too :-)
    Sealed Pot Challenge Number 1225
    £365 in £365 Days 2013
    No Buying Toiletries 2013
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,903
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Must respectfully disagree - Eartha Kitt's Santa Baby has a much more sultry raunch than Madonna, who is a *known* Material Girl. Eartha manages to convince you she's really offering something...

That said, my favourite Christmas listening is any child singing a carol. It can be a school choir in a church, or a schoolboy scrubbing in the shower, but it just reduces me to a happily quivering nostalgic mince-pie snaffling wreck.
  • Greg Lake's "I Believe In Father Christmas" without a doubt!
    Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorn is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that she is pink; we logically know that she is invisible because we can't see her."
  • ajr77
    ajr77 Posts: 16 Forumite
    .....is my favourite and it's missing off the list!:(
  • Lost gem is xtc (under the name ot the three wise men) thanks for xmas
    I have a deep burning indifference
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts