PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Work Lunch?

Options
13»

Comments

• kimplus8
    kimplus8 Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Poppy1984 wrote: »
    I take lunch every day and get bored easily. For me anything goes!
    Leftovers from the day befores evening meal heating in the microwave,
    Sandwich's,
    Ryvitas with soft cheese spread dipped in cuppa soups,
    Crackers & cheese,
    Jacket potatoes, I batch cook 6 at a time in the oven wrap in tinfoil and freeze. Take out of freezer night before, unwrap from tinfoil once defrosted, microwave for 2 1/2 mins, fillings are beans, tuna, cheese, coleslaw, leftovers,
    Hope that helps a little
    these ideas are great.
    we do most of these plus
    chopped veggies and hummus, salsa, sour cream, mashed avocado
    chilli with a wrap
    granola and fruit with honey/natural yoghurt
    trail mix/Bombay mix
    bento boxes
    salads
    sarnie and a smoothie
    risotto
    stir fry
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • Poppy1984
    Poppy1984 Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    It always dumbfounds me when people ask others what they should eat! What would you normally eat if you were at home for lunch?

I love threads like this, they give me so many ideas and so much inspiration.
    This is what an open forum is for :)
    19-02-18 Total Debt £30,322
    17-12-21 I'm Debt Free 🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    JennyP wrote: »
    If you cook jacket potatoes in the oven and freeze them, then microwave them, are the skins nice and crispy as they are when they come out of the oven?

I love jacket potatoes!!!

No, the skins are soft and you have to squeeze water out of them once defrosted.
  • BlueJ94
    BlueJ94 Posts: 2,551 Ambassador
    First Anniversary I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you all for your tips and ideas! I'm pretty sure I have LOTS of inspiration for lunch for the whole year now :P

Today it's left over home made curry from yesterday's lunch!
    breakfast was "used by" strawberries for £1 instead of £2.50 :D
     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • BlueJ94
    BlueJ94 Posts: 2,551 Ambassador
    First Anniversary I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh and my mother is also making homemade pie so that's for work tomorrow! :D
     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • Southern-Girl
    Options
    cat4772 wrote: »
    With over 700 views, it's highly likely that many of these have had a quick look for inspiration.
    I

Most definitely! I've just written them on a post-it to remind me. There are some lovely ideas.
    I too, never buy lunch. I decided against it years ago when I had a Salmon and Cucumber sandwich one day from Tesco and an Egg Mayonnaise the next day, and they both tasted the same (well, actually tasted of nothing)

Also, a meal deal for £3 a day X 5 days per week, X 48 weeks a year, works out at £720 :eek:

In my world that's a decent holiday :rotfl:

Thank you all for the ideas :T
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I also like these threads, even though they come around time and time again. There is always a new idea somewhere plus for some its a reminder to get back in the habit of taking lunch

Im also on the Take Your Lunch To Work challenge over on debt free. when I started there I was a sandwich and bag of crisp every day kinda girl, since joining it I mix it up and a sandwich is now last resort and the crisps have been a no no since January
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure