Reduced bargains and yellow stickers shopping

Comments

• CupOfChai
    CupOfChai Posts: 1,411 Forumite
    Bah, I never get anything that cheap, and I have never seen loaves of bread for 10p. Although once or twice I have pulled off the "shop pays you" trick, very proud of that!
  • Enid0511
    Enid0511 Posts: 50 Forumite
    I got lucky this evening

4 shepherds pies from £5.49 to 59 p each !!!!

I timed it just right for once
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    i got some bread in sainsbobs for 10p a loaf...well pleased with that
    onwards and upwards
  • Pamsy
    Pamsy Posts: 56 Forumite
    Called in Morries this afternoon, managed to get peppered smoked mackerel x2, £2.88-£1.79 & £2.23 - £1.35, also some beef steak mince from £4 - £2.49. All in freezer.
  • Amusville
    Amusville Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I was in Tesco about 8.30 last night and got 2 fresh loafs at 6p each. Very pleased!
  • calash
    calash Posts: 3,566 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won!
    I didn't realise Morrisons did a second sticker :-) is that about the same time everyday?? suppose its different from store to store as well
  • alandbailey
    alandbailey Posts: 444 Forumite
    I went to Morrisons at 8.30pm last night and saw a short fat bloke with his trolley full of reduced items. He confirmed he had taken all the good stuff on the reduced shelf and was going to serve it in his pub (Rose and Crown, Wells) today, even though the best before date was yesterday.
    He had a lot of blue cheese at 19p - I asked him if he would let me have one - he refused. We are all a bit greedy, But I look my age (69) and wanted a lump of cheese for me, not to sell to the public at an inflated price. Guess which pub I will avoid in future.:mad:
  • Celia
    Celia Posts: 313 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I went to Tesco this afternoon for some normal shopping and also to look at what reductions there were. I am used to people pushing and shoving and grabbing but one woman astounded me.

The assistant took all the stuff off the shelf in a box out to the back where he marked them down and then brought them back. (presumably they don't do them on the shop floor because of the behaviour of some of the customers!) This woman snatched about 80% of the items from the box - must have been 12 or 15 items and put them in her basket and went off.

Then saw her round the corner - sorting what she wanted and then she sauntered back and put half of it back on the shelf!

She did a similar thing with veg and bread. She only had plastic carriers which were groaning under the weight and I (ok rather childishly) hoped they would split!

She was well dressed and made up and yes, maybe she is able to be like that because she takes care to get bargains but it really makes me mad to see people be so greedy.

Rant over!
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I called in Tesco last night at 7.30,they close at 8pm,the reduced section was full of 10p items.I managed to buy a months worth of meat for my family for the grand total of £2.60 ( joints of meat,mince,chicken breasts,a large chicken)A pack of 12 sausage rolls for 10p,ready meals that were 4.99 were now 10p,too much to list.The store was really quiet,it's harder to find the bargains because a lot of people are hunting for them aswell.Alot of people must of been sat at home thinking its not worth going because all the bargains will be gone.There was heaps of the expensive bread for 10p.
  • I don't think I would come back with much at all
    Normally there is not much of interest to me in the reduced section.
    I see a lot of bread reduced but out of choice I prefer fresh bread.
    I never see any good meat reduced but then maybe I am just going in there at the wrong time!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback