Selling house F&F offers or CCA? - help!

Options

Comments

• Ahmed365
    Ahmed365 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone.

I will go ahead and cancel my parents' DMP with MoneyPlus and then send out the CCA requests. When sending the letters, do I send it to the HQ of the companies or is there a specific place? And I should also do a £1 postal order to the same address. I would appreciate if someone went through the small details as I am unsure.

Is there also a general time limit that I should give them after sending the request, e.g. 3 months, after which I could consider the debt unenforceable? (if I get no response)

If I do get documents back, what should I look out for?

Thanks!
  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I sent my CCA requests to the address I had on any correspondence or statements. I enclosed the cheque and wrote CCA request and my name and reference number on the back in case it got separate from the letter in the postal room. Not everyone cashed the cheque though. Some sent it back and one place even sent me another person's check....

The debt collection agencys replied with a letter than was self explanatory. This debt is currently unenforceable till we send further info etc.

Those still with original creditors have sent me random stuff with no explanation. There is a thread on here were people know what to look for and can offer help with the technical details. Not sure what it's called but someone will point you in the right direction.

Not sure how your parents DMP provider works but before I rang to cancel mine with stepchange as I wanted to self manage I was advised to write down all the names addresses account numbers and amounts owed for each debt as it then wouldn't appear online. You may need to do this if it's online?
    Good luck. I'm sure it will be a few hours work for you but it's very good that you are doing it and it will 50 percent of what your parents payment is now either being put to better use towards the debts or in their spending pot.
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 16.6k
    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k
  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    Options
    I sent CCA requests in April and three are currently unenforceable pending further information. I'm making reduced payment due to this but others have stopped all payments while still pending. Again others may explain this part better
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Ahmed365 wrote: »
    Thanks for the support everyone.

I will go ahead and cancel my parents' DMP with MoneyPlus and then send out the CCA requests. When sending the letters, do I send it to the HQ of the companies or is there a specific place? And I should also do a £1 postal order to the same address. I would appreciate if someone went through the small details as I am unsure.

Is there also a general time limit that I should give them after sending the request, e.g. 3 months, after which I could consider the debt unenforceable? (if I get no response)

If I do get documents back, what should I look out for?

Thanks!

Send to whoever is chasing you for payment.

They have 14 days to comply, but these are only guidelines, expect to wait a couple of months at least.

As long as they send a legible copy of each credit agreement detailing the financial aspects applicable, then they have complied.

Pre April 2007 credit card agreements must contain the prescribed terms applicable to that account also.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Ahmed365
    Ahmed365 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    So you're continuing to pay the creditors whilst you wait for them to give you a response? Is it not better to stop all payments after sending off all CCA's until they comply?
  • sourcrates
    Options
    So you're continuing to pay the creditors whilst you wait for them to give you a response? Is it not better to stop all payments after sending off all CCA's until they comply?
    You are not required to pay whilst you wait for a response.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Hi yes sorry I should have explained my choice better. No need to pay but mines the highest debt I've got and I've no hope of saving for any settlement offers for it unless I lower it a bit.

I've taken the personal choice to pay a little bit to take the edge of it and just in case the paperwork
    for it appears and I need to restart payments again.

Too be fair though it's four months and they've sent me nothing so I'm increasingly leaning towards paying none for a while and keeping the money.
  • Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    Options

Good to read you're taking the account away from the money grabbing DMP company your parents are with :mad: makes me so cross when companies like that know people can get the same service for free, but trade off people's lack of knowledge and general state of mind at the time.

Anyways - with regards to your question. The simple answer is no - send the CCA requests and stop payments. You don't have to use a postal order, you can send a cheque if that's easier.

I've not paid anything on my 6 remaining accounts for a year now. Three have been reported as UE and I'm still waiting to receive any sort of paperwork, acknowledgement of the CCAs for the other three (those are with LINK who are pretty inept at this sort of thing).

Good luck.
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    Suseka97 wrote: »
    You don't have to use a postal order, you can send a cheque if that's easier.

The reason it is suggested that you send a Postal Order rather than a cheque is so that your signature cannot be simulated on a fake agreement which could be produced in reply to a CCA request.

Of, course, we are not suggesting for one moment that Debt Collection Agencies or others would stoop to such low tactics!!!
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • sourcrates
    Options
    The reason it is suggested that you send a Postal Order rather than a cheque is so that your signature cannot be simulated on a fake agreement which could be produced in reply to a CCA request.

Of, course, we are not suggesting for one moment that Debt Collection Agencies or others would stoop to such low tactics!!!
    Some DCA did do that in the past, why i do not know, as no where in the consumer credit act does it say that a signature is required on a credit agreement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure