PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• kates08
    kates08 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We've been sorting out everything that we can, going through cupboards and doing tip and charity shop runs over the break. I can't bring myself to actually start packing until we've exchanged, but hopefully we've got ourselves into a really good place for being able to pack at short notice now.

Your solicitor sounds fab chazzab, ours has just treated me like an annoyance from the start, and hasn't actually contacted me once - I've only found things out by chasing him.
  • Very much wishing the hours away until office hours open here. Solicitor, mortgage broker and surveyors all have emails to read! Knowing my luck the vendors will have spent the long weekend changing their minds and deciding to stay put.
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • Hoping for some progress this month !!!!!!!

Got to get forms signed and witnessed tomorrow and then off to the solicitor ..also need to have a chat with the EA about getting some kind of agreement with the vendor as to whether they will reduce or allow us to rewire before we move in ...wish us luck !
  • kates08
    Did your offer get accepted FloppyDisk? Congratulations!
  • kates08 wrote: »
    We've been sorting out everything that we can, going through cupboards and doing tip and charity shop runs over the break. I can't bring myself to actually start packing until we've exchanged, but hopefully we've got ourselves into a really good place for being able to pack at short notice now.

Your solicitor sounds fab chazzab, ours has just treated me like an annoyance from the start, and hasn't actually contacted me once - I've only found things out by chasing him.

Exactly the same here, took me ten days to get a response before Christmas, and only got that by kicking up a fuss as we wanted to be sure the searches hadn't thrown up anything unexpected so that we could start to declutter.

Our searches are back, but they have queries apparently, we've no fixtures and fittings listing yet (and our vendor is on holiday now) so our solicitor says we might not exchange until the end of Jan now!
  • Happy New Year everyone - here's hoping for good things for all of us.

My poor broker has been trying to extend my mortgage offer over Xmas as it expires on the 4th :eek: they decided they wanted 3 more payslips on the 28! So i still don't know if it's been granted. Even if it is they'll only give me one more month.

Will wait to contact people until this afternoon to find out what's going on. Need to give my solicitor a morning before I start harassing her.

And so it starts again.
  • kates08
    I've already left a voicemail for my solicitor asking him to check my file and come back to me with a progress report. It generally takes about 4 or 5 voicemails across 3 -4 days before he actually takes my call or returns it so I thought I'd get in early!

We had searches back in mid November, and kept being told we were on course for a pre-xmas exchange so I'm really hoping that we're close!
  • I am so happy to have found this forum and see that I am not alone.

I offered back in August and I am still waiting, I am currently battling with solicitors - my solicitor is saying they are still waiting on things while the vendors solicitors say we have everything! This is the last little bit and the rest of the chain are ready to go so it is very frustrating. I've called and left a message and emailed today asking for the specifics. Fingers crossed I get something back soon and some confirmation as I have to move out of my current home on the 12th!
  • kates08 wrote: »
    I've already left a voicemail for my solicitor asking him to check my file and come back to me with a progress report. It generally takes about 4 or 5 voicemails across 3 -4 days before he actually takes my call or returns it so I thought I'd get in early!

We had searches back in mid November, and kept being told we were on course for a pre-xmas exchange so I'm really hoping that we're close!

What realistically is left to do after searches are back? From everything I've read, it's just signing of contracts and transferring the deposit money?

Hopefully he'll get back to you this week and get things moving - this part of buying a house is so frustrating as it feels like nothing is actually happening!
  • What realistically is left to do after searches are back? From everything I've read, it's just signing of contracts and transferring the deposit money?

Hopefully he'll get back to you this week and get things moving - this part of buying a house is so frustrating as it feels like nothing is actually happening!

It doesn't stop just because searches are back. There may be queries, any further searches required e.g. ground stability, radon etc, awaited documentation e.g. fensa certs, building reg certs etc.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback