Bonfires and fireworks - NST November challenge

Comments

• x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Woo! I am BACK and in with the Nov challenge!

I was missing all Oct cos we moved into our new home, had no internet while they set it up my new fibre (amazing btw, both me & bf can download and watch youtube at the same time now).
    My money was all over the place as we've had little niggles that needed sorting with the new place (nets & curtains, pups bedroom decorating(we've finished it today:D) furniture to buy etc etc) I thought it would just be easier to start afresh with a new month.

So here I am!! :T
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    November is a good time to have a bit of clear out and have a bonfire. I'm not asking you to actually have a bonfire but have a look through and see if there's anything that can be ebayed or put to the charity shop. I do have some bits and pieces I've been meaning to sell for a while, I need a push to get them listed on ebay or just donate them.
    November is also bonfire night. Most local councils put on a fireworks display so if you can, go along to watch. We have a bonfire & fireworks night here, but I've never really been too interested in fireworks, plus I'll be in work early the next morning. I'll compromise and maybe have 'bangers' and mash for tea :p

November rules
    NSDs- Bfs turn to buy the groceries this month, so I should be able to get a high target. I'm going to aim for 25! The only thing I know I need to spend is fixing a window catch and getting a doggy door installed.
    Organise - I have budgets for xmas presents, keeping fit (boxing and PT) and money set aside to finish my tattoo. So apart from those and the door installation I'm planning to spend nothing this month.
    Value for money - No spends on me, only xmas presents. I have a limited budget and most of my presents planned.
    Exercise - I've lost a total of 24lbs since January, I was hoping to be a bit further along but I can't be disapointed with my achievements so far :) I've moved from the Obese catagory to just Overweight, I'm 6lbs away from my 30lb mini target, and my body fat % has gone down from 41.6% to 35.6% :D.
    I'm 2 weeks into an 8 week run plan, and I've only missed 2 sessions (one cos I was still sore from a PT session & didn't want to push it, and one today cos I'm sick) so I want to keep up with this plan. Plus I go boxing once a week, gym when I can and have the occassional PT session.

Mental health - Keeping fit and losing weight is keeping me happy right now, so that's what I'm focusing on.
    Be Christmas ready - I have a couple of people I'm still working out presents for, but I'm getting there. I need to focus on getting ideas on the final few, and possibly start to purchase.
    Eat well - I'm not doing too badly here, I weigh in on a Wednesday morning, so generally have a treaty dinner, something a little more calorific or fatty. It gives me something to look forward to all week.
    I need to look at my lunches thou, I spent months just eating soups, and when I got sick of those I started eating pot noodles. I like something quick and easy, but pot noodles are around 400 calories a pop, so I'm looking for some alternatives.
    Report - My gratitiude today is that I'm back on track :D
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,187 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Please add me to the list of challengers. October wasn't my best MSE month due to holiday so I want to get back on the wagon for November. Thanks misstara :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Please can i join misstara? I didnt do brilliantly in october, hoping to improve in November!
    Thanks!

MLx
    Money Saving since 2016 and determined to be debt free by 2020.
  • misstara Please count me in, thanks.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • November rules
    NSDs- I'm going to try for 15 again, last month was a bit weird and only managed about 8 but got my head screwed on now.
    Organise - whilst I was spendy last month we did sort out our overdrafts and have saved a little. When there's a month or twos emergency money saved then we'll chuck every thing at the loan to get rid asap. Budgets £60 per week groceries, £20 per week petrol.
    Value for money - i love looking for good deals so this rule is great. Got a few things left to get for Xmas. Helps my DH works for a brill high street retailer with a hefty discount card that gets a good hammering this time of year :D
    Exercise - i struggle for time for classes but I'll make efforts to get some extra in.
    Mental health - i hate the dark nights, especially if I've had a heavy office day (underground so has no windows) so a lot of the time I see very little day light. Makes me tired and grumpy. I will force myself to do fun little things to stay good.
    Be Christmas ready - need to buy for DM and MIL, make for FIL and make little things for a bunch of people (doing baubles this year). Couple bits left to get for DH too. We have budgeted for this though so all good. Xmas good were only feeding the 3 of us so shouldn't cost the earth.
    Eat well - definately slipping into the 'it's cold, I want a baileys/port in the evening' still taking good lunches to work though.
    Report- pre November gratitude isctgat DH got up with DD at half 4 this morning, giving me another 2 hours kip :D
    Money Saving since 2016 and determined to be debt free by 2020.
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Count me in again, will go over my targets later on.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Can I join this please? I tried last month and failed completely but I am determined to see it through this month! Thanks!
    01.05.2019 - Re-Mortgage - £142,000 :eek::eek::eek: Total overpaid to date: £15,584.33.
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'd like to join please. I only found the October challenge at the end of the month but it really helped me. The mental health aspect will be just what I need at the moment (struggling). Thank you!
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • November rules

NSDs- Aiming for 12 as we are going to Amsterdam for 5 days. Hopefully might manage a few more

Organise!- Money for bills, etc is all accounted for. A bit of a tight month this month (isn’t it always?}

Value for money!- I must confess to being a dedicated deal hunter.

Exercise!- Holiday might help with the walking but I’ve been a total failure at this lately

Mental health!-I really have to stop worrying about things that I really don’t have to worry about. If anyone has any advice on how to do this I’d be very grateful – I’ve been doing it all my life.

Be Christmas ready!- Just about sorted. Just a few quite easy things to buy. Need to think about Christmas lunch. Just the two (or possibly three of us) so not a big task really. Have to be really strict and not buy too much.

Eat well!- Still lots of food in the freezer. Most of it can make healthy meals. I’ll just have to try to be bit more inventive. Awful lot of apple pie and rhubarb crumble in there though.

Report!- Will try
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure