PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bop ancient mariner? Albert Ross?
    frith jaw dropped. Literally not metaphorically. !!!!!!
    Mhags hugs (and sorry about the cold, I did warn you)
    1) mr l with mrpiano. He usually shops with mr t and is astounded at mr l’s bounty and prices. I showed him the romanesco and explained Fibonacci
    2) unpack then town for lunch with dd2. Dr noodle before her shift at H&M’s
    3) shopping - jeans, wrangler, considerably cheaper in Tkmax than Debenhams
    4) home for an evening of hygge. Candles, throws, fire, music and pizza. We tried without success to complete a linkword - much hilarity but only 2 right answers
    5) then Bowie and queen while I continued nesbo’s the snowman. It’s my choice for book club on Friday. Am going to do a snowman cheeseboard like on mr l’s leaflet plus dusted stollen and of course carrot sticks. If anyone has ideas of what else snowman themed let me know.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Feeling much better yesterday. My head is functioning better.

1. Chat with a friend. Heard all about her holiday to Vienna to see the Christmas markets.

2. Spoke with a neighbour and reminded him that he had agreed to look after my chickens when we are away.

3. Painted a radiator. Been leaving it for DH as he said he would do it!!
    I wanted my hall back so finished it.

4. Went to see Murder on the Orient express with DH. I enjoyed it DH didn't enjoy it quite as much.

5. DS2 played rugby and no injuries. His team won too.

• house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning Peeps,

1. Got to florist first thing for more wreath supplies, then Costco to exchange a bauble set. Roads empty, so got there and back quickly.

2. Mr W after lunch with £10 off £50 voucher. Got £50 shop down to £20. :j PYO, offers and voucher. Some nice Xmas food in freezer.

3. Chinese takeaway with friends. Xmas jumpers!

4. Introduced to a couple of new card games.

5. DH has started decorating the dining room and we have a new light fitting.

Have a lovely Sunday :)
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    A collection:
    1. DD and DGrandson landed. DD tidied for me, and was rewarded with the taking home of various goodies, DGS pumped up my trike tyres. He last did this c. May/June time.
    Over the years, the introduction of dropped kerbs has meant that whacking the trike tyres off kerbs with a resultant drop in pressure is now a rare event.
    However, there is still one kerb undropped on my route into town, and it's the one nearest my house, unless I go the long way round to reach the main road.
    After Christmas I will request from the local council that this is done. If I am to use my self-propelled wheelchair to reach local bus stops it will have to be done. Pushchairs accessing the park opposite my house will benefit too.
    Watch this space.

2. The pleasure of a tidy house, thanks to wonderful DD, all tidying done so efficiently and cheerfully - and sensibly, things relocated where they can be easily found, with a running narrative. 'I'm putting X in Y, Mum, is that okay?'

3. A sort of pleasure out of a darned nuisance. Parcels have gone missing again from Amazon, supposedly left in my garden, when I was actually in to receive them. Amazon have credited my Prime account with yet another free month. I was due for renewal in August, mess-ups over the last year have meant that my Prime subscription will now renew in February. Almost £40 worth of services free.
    If you have Prime and Amazon let you down, do complain, it's worth it.

4. Lunch made for me, and a lovely lunch too, of the juiciest grilled Portobello mushrooms topped with creamy blue cheese. Bliss.

5. Stollen bites shared with DGS, who loves them. Then hearing his cries of joy as he discovered the giant pack of meaty crisps. (However, what are cheese and onion crisps doing in a meaty selection, Walkers? Since when was cheese meat?)

6. Your pleasures, thank you.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    Grrrrrr at smaller son’s taxi person. Hurray for a peer who stands up to this intolerable bullying!

* Quoye’s cyber Monday specials have started to arrive. So much fun to pull them out of the box and think how these new clothes will look on her. She likes pink the most and then purple, hince shopping was geared in that direction. She loves sparkles and glittery things, so sequins on a pink sweat shirt and silvery threads running through a deep plum turtle neck sweater. I’m going to send them before Christmas as she needs them now and last year she was excited for the toys, but clothes...no so much.

* I have contact dermatitis on both hands. From what I don’t know. The pleasure is after an Internet lookup for treatments I realized my eczema cream would help. It’s a mid level steroid cream and has made a big difference. That and Benadryl every four hours keep me from scratching myself bloody!
    The only thing I can think of that I’m touching that’s new are the grips for my rented walker. I taped cloth over the handles to see if that will help.

* Steak that’s been grilled to medium rare and saut!ed mushrooms. I explained how to cook the mushrooms to DH...half olive oil, half butter, garlic salt, a fine sprinkling of red chile powder and red chile flakes. Yum! He was so impressed with himself (with good cause as they were delicious) that he announced he’s going to the store and buying twice as many mushrooms to cook again this week Teach a man to fish...:D

* Oldest son’s new bed arrived (birthday present) and he loves it. He was sleeping on a 12 year old temprapedic that had worn out under his weight. (6’4” and 250lbs)

* Getting more use to the boot on my foot. It was driving me crazy at first but now it’s becoming less annoying. At least I’m now able to be off the couch!!

Frozen poo is easy to clean up had me laughing Lainey!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options

* I have contact dermatitis on both hands. From what I don’t know. The pleasure is after an Internet lookup for treatments I realized my eczema cream would help. It’s a mid level steroid cream and has made a big difference. That and Benadryl every four hours keep me from scratching myself bloody!
    The only thing I can think of that I’m touching that’s new are the grips for my rented walker. I taped cloth over the handles to see if that will help.

One of my FB friends developed exactly the same reaction to the handles on her walker, goodness knows what's in the plastic, but it had her in a real mess. I think she did the same as you as a solution.
    Every sympathy. I am so fortunate, my immune system is very laid back, and doesn't do this kind of thing.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • 5 Not bothering with the ashes! Engerland are not either!

4 Supper this day is practise snorker fest we are having for christmas lunch. served with creamy chive and cheese mash, leeks, nips of swede and carrot, and onion gravy! Angel of delight for pud, as BoP is out of dotted spick! Leek and potato soup as well!

3 Wired in new network ready for change next week! Changing to T of B as they offered loads for BoP. So name change will occur next week, thinking Myngh at the moment! Or Emperor Rossina! More later

2 Nite could be a quick niff of wobbleades!

Only on thing on our minds now!
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1-999 The estate agent called on Friday morning to say the owners have picked me to buy the house :):):)

1000 We took KW to have a look at the outside of it and he loves it too!

1001 KW took us to a Christmas market that he had free entry to (as 'trade') and we had such a lovely time wandering around, and I didn't spend very much at all!

1002 KW bought me the most amazing Christmas present there :) I can't wait to have it for real and it'll be hard to forget that's what he's giving me :)

1003 DD's netball team trashed the opposition this morning, 25-3!

1004 Free newspaper in Wrose yesterday

1005 KW bought a fabulous pressie for my parents using Wrose vouchers towards the cost. Hopefully they'll find it funny (it's Welsh :) ) and tasty (it's booze!)

1006 Free tree bauble to give to my brother courtesy of KW's boss at the Christmas market :)

1007 The mortgage company are going to sort out the mortgage deal tomorrow (I hope!), they are feeling confident that my accounts all look good.

1008 I have a solicitor lined up as well.

1009 Parents are redoing a room in the house and have no use for a lovely wooden cabinet they made - so we have it awaiting redeployment in the house!

1010 DD and I went to town we're moving to, to see the 'Santa Run' conga around the square! Apparently they had a world record amount of Father Christmases!
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. Managed to get two runs in this weekend, have clocked up 16km so far for the December Daily Dash - 10k with running club tomorrow...eep. Today was HARD as I had to go and rescue DH from Oxford last night - he fell asleep on the train back from London(!) - which meant 90 mins in the car and getting back in at 2am. At least he enjoyed his night out!
    2. French - took a CEFR level test and came out as a B2, which I'm happy with. Managed to get in 2 hours of light practice this weekend.
    3. Running club Xmas do last night. Only about 35 people turned up, out of about 200, but my mum only started the club a year ago so I feel like it was a win. We raised £160 for local charity, I danced for about 5 hours solid in sky high heels and only spent £8.70 on falafels for the buffet and one small glass of wine from the bar. There was so much leftover food I took 2/3 of my falafels back home and we enjoyed them for lunch.
    4. FOOD. Lunch yummy: leftover salad bits, falafels, hummus, homemade savoury rice. Also made a bulk lentil shepherdless pie for the week which means I won't really need to cook, and some carrot soup for lunches. Woohoo! Grocery spends were £9.50 yesterday, including falafels, and we have enough fruit and soya milk to last so should be a frugal week.
    5. Christmas decs going up tonight. DH and DD will make mince pies - their little tradition. We will put on an xmas movie and they will sort tree and decs whilst I finish off making reusable shopping bags for my MIL. I reeeeally want to finish them off tonight so I can move onto homemade gift 2/4 as the 2nd week of Dec starts!
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 Watching miracle on 34th street remake over brunch.
    2 The smell of mincemeat cooking through.
    3 Placed all of DF’s orders for over Dec / Jan.
    4 Possibly is a day I / we should have stepped away from the kitchen, I cremated snorkers, DH set the microwave on fire! And while I halved all of the mincemeat recipe I forgot to half the citrus, so now, I have had to order cooking apples to DF’s order to pick up from him tomorrow to make it up to the full mincemeat portion to counteract the overwhelming citrus. Nigella yeah right.
    5 The Christmas tree tis up and Arfur is on.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback