Joined 31.05.16

Comments

• Oh no Ramble. I think I may have misrepresented this. It is £1530 at the moment.
    I pay £153 end of december
    January payment holiday
    February £153
    Then pay off the rest in
    march payday with work bonus.

This is the plan. It relies on a bonus so its not concrete but the company did well and expects to have some money to give back although it may not be as much as £1200. Its a wait and see.

Almost have christmas sorted. Few more bits to get. Not very much at all tho.
    Skipped work drinks tonight but wont manage that all December.
    Very tired. Glad its the weekend. xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • 118 days of loan.
    Small food shop
    2x Cds and lottery tickets.

Still need to pay for hair, dentist, parents, last christmas presents, 4 credit cards and some bills.

Next week
    Long hours
    2 lunches out
    No evening plans
    Finish book, start a new one
    Tidy flat, keep tidy for organised mind

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    PSL shouldn't you have on your list....put Christmas tree up??

I've done mine this afternoon!
  • Lol No tree Louby. I didn't even think about having one. Is that bar humbug! If I had kids or boyfriend I would for sure but when its just me i think I wont this year. Maybe next year. The new year could be full of surprises and bring anything or nothing!

117 days of loan. Need to learn. Never again.
    27 left in December. Then into 2017. I know its not a magic solution going into the new year but I am really looking to it. Stating all fresh with new year vigour.
    Low spend today, didn't get all food bits yesterday so need to nip to tesco. Then into next week. No evening plans but some lunches. Need to keep the spending under control.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • lulabelle
    lulabelle Posts: 944 Forumite
    Hey PSL you ok? You've not checked in for a few days x
    I want to be a writer
  • Hi Lulabelle I have been working loads, not much down time. Its our busiest time of the year at work so its very demanding. Plus commuter hell right now with no signs of improvement.

I am fine tho just moaning. No money news. Its 2 weeks to payday as its early. I am a bit worried about january. I usually buy quite a lot of clothes in the sales for work mostly and sometimes a holiday or comedy tickets, pub nights, dinners, theatre and that kind of thing so I need to get through january without that happening. Need to make myself content with films at home and books and current wardrobe. We will see.

I have a very strong feeling (although I am not ruling out being wrong) that my parents are going to write in my christmas card that 2017 will mark the end of me giving them any more money back for my house deposit.
    They always do really thoughtful heartfelt gifts.

Although i am not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand having £100 extra a month would be phenomenal. But on the other the thought of it makes me feel so guilty. We will see. I might be completely wrong but its hard to explain. I think my parents have more money than ever before and more money than they ever expected to have and I think my mum wants to draw a line under this and for me to put the money into improving the flat or living. (no knowledge of any of the debt) so we will see.

113 days to end of loan
    16 to christmas
    After balance transfer credit card is £495 so concentrating on this and overdraft. Must pay off both.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • louby40
    PSL I know how you feel about your parents, we've spoken of it before haven't we?

I still owe my parents just over £2k. I'm paying them back £300 a month which will be paid in full by July. That £300 will make such a difference to my budget. I feel about my parents loan like you do about your bank loan. I just want it gone.

Couldn't you set yourself a small bit of fun money for January and choose what to spend it on? Clothes or a concert?
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Just be sure if your december pay is early that you budget well for essentials as it will need to last you longer.

It's very hard with december pay for many folks as having it early can be lovely at the time until you realise you have spent it all too early.

If your mum and dad did write off your repayments then maybe you could allow yourself to have one months worth as "treat" money to spend on what you want and then after that allocate the payment to a different debt
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • louby40
    I agree with StokieBecks (are you from Stoke? That's me too) I get paid 2 weeks early on the 14th and I'm moving it to my savings until my real pay day.

Even now psychologically I'm thinking I've got money coming in next week, when really it shouldn't be used till January
  • I know what I need to do and I make a plan and tell myself but then things happen that get in the way or I just struggle. 2017 needs to be peaceful. There are a few birthdays coming up and all the christmas social things are tough. I will get there.

110 days of loan left.
    This month last of christmas, water bill, very 123, food shop, dentist, leg wax, eyebrows, work Christmas party, hair. 11 days to payday but as noted it is artificially early and will take some work to manage.

Today going to sainsbury. Then home for rest of day. Its 2 weeks till christmas today.

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills