Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    Todays pads:

£1.31 to Mortgage
    £4.00 to savings
    £1.09 to joint od

Mortgage rates are up, so ours will be going up soon :( If I remember rightly it's only about £15 a month, so not the end of the world.

Now that I've got some savings, it would be nice to see a bit of a rise there though :D

I'm delighted to say that for the first time in about 8 years I have a dining table :T :T It's been buried under a pile of stuff for as long as we've lived here. I've cleared out some stuff, moved around a bit and now there's enough room for the kids to sit there and eat/craft/do homework etc. :j Whilst clearing the junk I have sorted some more bits for ebay too. It also means we should be able to get rid of the highchair now too :D

Trying to get some listing done before I start dinner.

My mortgage will go up soon too :(. Well done on finding your dining room table :D
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    My mortgage is fixed til end of April thank goodness xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Todays pads:

£1.31 to Mortgage
    £2.00 to savings
    £1.72 to joint od
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Options
    My mortgage will go up soon too :(. Well done on finding your dining room table :D
    abba1772 wrote: »
    My mortgage is fixed til end of April thank goodness xx

Thank you :) We're on a tracker so it's still a pretty good deal. I'm not going to fix until interest rates get to around 2% or so as I am happy with it as it is and I can make unlimited overpayments and have no exit fees should I win the lottery in the meantime :D
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Me too. Our tracker is 0.16% above base. Also, given my precarious income levels since going SE, I'm a bit afraid that we wouldn't get a great deal despite OH's relatively secure job.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • jwil
    Options
    Me too. Our tracker is 0.16% above base. Also, given my precarious income levels since going SE, I'm a bit afraid that we wouldn't get a great deal despite OH's relatively secure job.

Yes, that's another issue, my credit history is rubbish at the moment :o
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Mine and DH's credit scores are officially 'very poor' at the moment so no chance of us remortgaging onto a fixed rate :(. Although we can overpay without penalties and they are pretty quick to pass on drops in the interest rate.

I want to overpay if possible when we can and our defaults will drop off in four years, so hopefully interest rates won't go through the roof before then.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you stay with the same lender and don't change your term you can switch to a fixed rate without a credit search. They're already lending you the money so there's no extra risk.
    Amazing news on the dining table. So pleased for you. It'll make such a difference to family life. Make everything easier for you. I am delighted that your finances are going the right way and you're getting refunds and doing ccas.
    Keep it up jwil. I wonder if you'll be clutter free or debt free first. I think it'll be the latter as you're doing so well xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    Options
    Mine and DH's credit scores are officially 'very poor' at the moment so no chance of us remortgaging onto a fixed rate :(. Although we can overpay without penalties and they are pretty quick to pass on drops in the interest rate.

I want to overpay if possible when we can and our defaults will drop off in four years, so hopefully interest rates won't go through the roof before then.

Yes, that's the plan here too :)
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    If you stay with the same lender and don't change your term you can switch to a fixed rate without a credit search. They're already lending you the money so there's no extra risk.
    Amazing news on the dining table. So pleased for you. It'll make such a difference to family life. Make everything easier for you. I am delighted that your finances are going the right way and you're getting refunds and doing ccas.
    Keep it up jwil. I wonder if you'll be clutter free or debt free first. I think it'll be the latter as you're doing so well xxx

Kitten! Lovely to see you, how have you been?

I'm happy with our tracker at the moment, but if rates start going up significantly, I'll switch with our current lender.

I think even if my DFD stays the same as it is now, I'll be DF before we are clutter free :eek: :rotfl: Most of it is DH's now, so it moves at his speed :cool:
  • jwil
    Options
    Hey everyone :)

Had a bit of an up and down weekend. I did a lot of decluttering, and DH did some re-cluttering :mad: He used a scraggy tea towel put out for recycling rather than using one we were keeping, and even took something out of the bin! :mad: I put a load of rags out, and he wants to put them in the garage for use out there. I pointed out that there is at least one massive bag of rags out there already, his answer was 'but I can't get to them'. *sigh*

In more positive news, we sold loads on ebay :T :T However the numpties are out in force again. Also, DH has been switched over to the new seller hub which I hate. It just seems harder to do anything. Also when you do relists, it doesn't automatically hide those already relisted. So I relisted the same batch of 100 items twice yesterday :mad: It didn't warn me (the old system did), and you can't bulk end auctions, so I had to end them all individually which took ages!

I did manage to get most of it posted this morning though, so only have a few bits to do tomorrow, hoping everyone pays up promptly!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport