lufthansa

donnyscuba
donnyscuba Posts: 10 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 17 October 2019 at 10:01PM in Flight delay compensation
Oh bloody hell, another one who hasn't read the faq or vaubin's essay. ( I flicked through, it was very informative).
Anyways, We had a cancelled flight from Glasgow to Frankfurt in Jan 19. Caused by striking ground staff. I'm assuming this is classed as extraordinary circumstances (am I right?)
Our new flight was the next day, so we needed to extend hotel, and car hire and buy meals. Should we be able to claim this?
I looked at the resolver tool, but as we live in Germany now, I couldn't get the address in. Is there a way to use it from abroad?
thanks in advance for any advice.
D.

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    donnyscuba wrote: »
    Oh bloody hell, another one who hasn't read the faq or vaubin's essay. ( I flicked through, it was very informative).
    Anyways, We had a cancelled flight from Glasgow to Frankfurt in Jan 19. Caused by striking ground staff. I'm assuming this is classed as extraordinary circumstances (am I right?)

Correct if they did not work for the airline.

Our new flight was the next day, so we needed to extend hotel, and car hire and buy meals. Should we be able to claim this?

Yes, under their 'duty of care' obligation.

I looked at the resolver tool, but as we live in Germany now, I couldn't get the address in. Is there a way to use it from abroad?
    thanks in advance for any advice.

Don't know about resolver but you can use Lufthansa's ADR provider which is free.

D.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure