Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wazzaw
    • By wazzaw 17th Oct 19, 9:09 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    wazzaw
    Wonga Claim advice
    • 17th Oct 19, 9:09 AM
    Wonga Claim advice 17th Oct 19 at 9:09 AM
    Good morning,

I’ve had an ongoing request to claim from Wonga for a while now and this morning I received a request to upload some files to something named Accellion.

They’re asking me to upload a bank statement and a copy of my /passport drivers license, which makes me a bit uneasy.

Has anyone else had this email?

Thanks,

Stacey
Page 1
    • dave.ck
    • By dave.ck 28th Oct 19, 1:44 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    dave.ck
    • 28th Oct 19, 1:44 PM
    • 28th Oct 19, 1:44 PM
    I have but feel the same as you and keep ignoring it.

Have you done anything yet ??

Not sure what to do ????
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 28th Oct 19, 1:59 PM
    • 18,626 Posts
    • 17,544 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 28th Oct 19, 1:59 PM
    • 28th Oct 19, 1:59 PM
    They are asking all claiments to do this, where they need further information in regard to your claim, if you don`t provide what they ask for, your claim will not proceed any further, so the choice is yours, remember, any eventual payout, will be a lot less than anticipated.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
    • Les79
    • By Les79 28th Oct 19, 7:01 PM
    • 1,275 Posts
    • 1,585 Thanks
    Les79
    • 28th Oct 19, 7:01 PM
    • 28th Oct 19, 7:01 PM
    They are asking all claiments to do this, where they need further information in regard to your claim, if you don`t provide what they ask for, your claim will not proceed any further, so the choice is yours, remember, any eventual payout, will be a lot less than anticipated.
    Originally posted by sourcrates
    Could also be worth any posters who are a bit nervous about sharing personal information querying whether they can redact (cover-up) parts of the documents which are not necessary.
    • glennstar
    • By glennstar 28th Oct 19, 7:50 PM
    • 250 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    glennstar
    • 28th Oct 19, 7:50 PM
    • 28th Oct 19, 7:50 PM
    ...to upload some files to something named Accellion.
    Originally posted by wazzaw
    Accellion is a platform used to secure the communication and storage of documents.

Could also be worth any posters who are a bit nervous about sharing personal information querying whether they can redact (cover-up) parts of the documents which are not necessary.
    Indeed! I'd struggle to see how a single thing on your bank statement today/this month is relevant. Can OP provide the exact wording related to the bank statement? I can't help wondering what they need this for.

1. verify where monies are to be paid - bank statement not needed
    2. check the records against the original transactions - i.e. was this the bank account that the money was originally deposited? If so then providing your current bank account may well not be right if you've churned banks.
    3. struggling to think of another.
    The views expressed here are my own. I am not a Solicitor nor am I affiliated with any of the parties I mention. If you disagree with any of my comments please say in whatever way feels most natural to you. No one self improves in a bubble!
    • dave.ck
    • By dave.ck 29th Oct 19, 11:14 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    dave.ck
    • 29th Oct 19, 11:14 AM
    • 29th Oct 19, 11:14 AM
    Ive uploaded a screen shot of my bank statement and a photo of my driving license with everything but my name and address covered up
    • glennstar
    • By glennstar 29th Oct 19, 7:11 PM
    • 250 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    glennstar
    • 29th Oct 19, 7:11 PM
    • 29th Oct 19, 7:11 PM
    Ive uploaded a screen shot of my bank statement and a photo of my driving license with everything but my name and address covered up
    Originally posted by dave.ck
    Dave,
    Please report back if they have an issue with any redaction activity... very interested to see what they say.
    The views expressed here are my own. I am not a Solicitor nor am I affiliated with any of the parties I mention. If you disagree with any of my comments please say in whatever way feels most natural to you. No one self improves in a bubble!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

218Posts Today

2,393Users online

Martin's Twitter