Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ChrisK.....
    • By ChrisK..... 24th Sep 19, 10:51 PM
    • 839Posts
    • 309Thanks
    ChrisK.....
    Whats the best price I can get for Std Broadband and anytime calls?
    • 24th Sep 19, 10:51 PM
    Whats the best price I can get for Std Broadband and anytime calls? 24th Sep 19 at 10:51 PM
    Whats the best price I can get for Std Broadband and anytime calls?

I notice the Talk Talk website says £19.95

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broadband

but Im already a loyal customer so after spending an hour with retentions they offered me £436241783216487216 per day for broadband and £75843975389475 per call

Any idea what I can expect to pay?
    If I ruled the world.......
Page 1
    • mnbvcxz
    • By mnbvcxz 24th Sep 19, 11:49 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    mnbvcxz
    • 24th Sep 19, 11:49 PM
    • 24th Sep 19, 11:49 PM
    Those are big numbers you have there...

But for comparison plus.net is offering a £75 reward if you sign up to adsl as a new customer. So £18.99 + £8 for anytime landline/mobile calls less £30 if you prepay your line rental less £75 reward is £21 a month for 18 months.

Hope that helps.
    • bill888
    • By bill888 25th Sep 19, 7:55 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    bill888
    • 25th Sep 19, 7:55 AM
    • 25th Sep 19, 7:55 AM
    fwiw, broadbandchoices comparison website lists NOW Broadband with free Anytime calls for £18 pm on 12 month contract.

hmm, I thought one of the benefits of Talktalk, was they permitted customers to switch easily to any new package offered online, even if they are still in contract. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by bill888; 25-09-2019 at 7:59 AM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 25th Sep 19, 9:01 AM
    • 4,743 Posts
    • 2,786 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 25th Sep 19, 9:01 AM
    • 25th Sep 19, 9:01 AM
    Hmmm, if only there was a comparison site we could use to answer difficult questions like this.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 25th Sep 19, 12:18 PM
    • 4,029 Posts
    • 1,174 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 25th Sep 19, 12:18 PM
    • 25th Sep 19, 12:18 PM
    like this one ?

https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/?_ga=2.110978181.168091068.1569237772-1221656847.1542717024
    • mnbvcxz
    • By mnbvcxz 25th Sep 19, 2:48 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    mnbvcxz
    • 25th Sep 19, 2:48 PM
    • 25th Sep 19, 2:48 PM
    Yeah, comparison sites are a help. Though to be fair they are lousy at comparing call packages, some include mobile some don't and such.

Not to mention they often have exclusive, different prices depending on which site you go through.

I'm beginning to think we need a comparison site of comparison sites to tell you which one has the cheapest prices...

Excellent spot BILL888 though with nowtv. If he's really mercenary he can try and pick up £30 topcashback for using broadbandchoices.com.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 25th Sep 19, 5:03 PM
    • 4,743 Posts
    • 2,786 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 25th Sep 19, 5:03 PM
    • 25th Sep 19, 5:03 PM
    Yeah, comparison sites are a help. Though to be fair they are lousy at comparing call packages, some include mobile some don't and such.

Not to mention they often have exclusive, different prices depending on which site you go through.

I'm beginning to think we need a comparison site of comparison sites to tell you which one has the cheapest prices...

Excellent spot BILL888 though with nowtv. If he's really mercenary he can try and pick up £30 topcashback for using broadbandchoices.com.
    Originally posted by mnbvcxz
    Are there any that don't include mobiles nowadays? I'd be surprised if so.
    • bill888
    • By bill888 25th Sep 19, 5:45 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    bill888
    • 25th Sep 19, 5:45 PM
    • 25th Sep 19, 5:45 PM
    fwiw, BT don't seem to include mobile calls in their Evening & Weekends, and the Unlimited Anytime Calls plan.

TBF, there is an MyAnytime calls plan with mobile addon, but it costs more at £12 if you can find it on the BT website.

There is one other small ISP that doesn't include mobiles in their anytime call plan but I've forgotten who they are.
    • mnbvcxz
    • By mnbvcxz 25th Sep 19, 6:48 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    mnbvcxz
    • 25th Sep 19, 6:48 PM
    • 25th Sep 19, 6:48 PM
    Are there any that don't include mobiles nowadays? I'd be surprised if so.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Funny, I would have said most of them don't include mobile calls by default. You have to buy an additional add on to include mobile calls. So when you look at a comparison site its not obvious if the quoted anytime calls price is for just landline calls or mobiles too.
    • ChrisK.....
    • By ChrisK..... 26th Sep 19, 1:05 AM
    • 839 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    ChrisK.....
    Nope talk talk don't like existing customers so I have took the deal with now broadband

fwiw, broadbandchoices comparison website lists NOW Broadband with free Anytime calls for £18 pm on 12 month contract.

hmm, I thought one of the benefits of Talktalk, was they permitted customers to switch easily to any new package offered online, even if they are still in contract. I could be wrong though.
    Originally posted by bill888
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 26th Sep 19, 9:23 AM
    • 4,743 Posts
    • 2,786 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Funny, I would have said most of them don't include mobile calls by default. You have to buy an additional add on to include mobile calls. So when you look at a comparison site its not obvious if the quoted anytime calls price is for just landline calls or mobiles too.
    Originally posted by mnbvcxz
    Yeah, I had a quick look and it's a mixed bag, BT & Virgin both charge for mobile calls (Virgin have a £2 a month add-on to negate this, didn't check BT).

Sky, NowTV & Plusnet do include them in their anytime packages at least.
    • fivegoldstars
    • By fivegoldstars 26th Sep 19, 11:56 AM
    • 119 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    fivegoldstars
    Just avoid Vodafone at all costs. Contention is horrendous - I'm on 80mb sf2, but I'm lucky to get 5mb downloads at peak times. Netflix etc are unwatchable.
    Currently having to go down official complaints/ombudsman route as they failed to honour my cooling off period.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 26th Sep 19, 12:28 PM
    • 4,029 Posts
    • 1,174 Thanks
    AndyPK
    I think EE inclusive calls cost:

£4 landlines
    £8 landlines & mobiles

a month
    • ChrisK.....
    • By ChrisK..... 29th Sep 19, 4:38 PM
    • 839 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    ChrisK.....
    I took the deal with Now broadband for £18.00 to include anytime calls including mobiles. Chuffed )

Yeah, I had a quick look and it's a mixed bag, BT & Virgin both charge for mobile calls (Virgin have a £2 a month add-on to negate this, didn't check BT).

Sky, NowTV & Plusnet do include them in their anytime packages at least.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    • Scrounger
    • By Scrounger 29th Sep 19, 8:26 PM
    • 774 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    Scrounger
    I took the deal with Now broadband for £18.00 to include anytime calls including mobiles. Chuffed )
    Originally posted by ChrisK.....
    I hope you purchased via Quidco for £90 Cashback.
    Scrounger
    • editor1
    • By editor1 30th Sep 19, 10:13 AM
    • 280 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    editor1
    Did you also take advantage of the £70 cash back offered by TopCashBack, lowering your bill to under £13 a month?
    • ChrisK.....
    • By ChrisK..... 1st Oct 19, 8:13 AM
    • 839 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    ChrisK.....
    Nope didn't apply for any cashback deals because I have done so in the past many times (mainly car insurance) and never had a penny back from Quidco nor topcashback
    • greyteam1959
    • By greyteam1959 1st Oct 19, 9:03 AM
    • 2,744 Posts
    • 1,305 Thanks
    greyteam1959
    I binned the whole cashback thing a long time ago for this very reason.
    Now if it was guaranteed cashback it would be a different matter.
    • Scrounger
    • By Scrounger 1st Oct 19, 10:26 AM
    • 774 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    Scrounger
    I took this same £18 NowTV internet deal with the free calls earlier in the year and received £85 Quidco cashback no problem - so it works for some.

Best to clear your cookies immediately prior to purchase.

Scrounger
    • Biggus Dickus
    • By Biggus Dickus 1st Oct 19, 12:40 PM
    • 431 Posts
    • 375 Thanks
    Biggus Dickus
    Nope didn't apply for any cashback deals because I have done so in the past many times (mainly car insurance) and never had a penny back from Quidco nor topcashback
    Originally posted by ChrisK.....
    It’s always worth trying to make a purchase through TopCashBack et al if it’s financially prudent to do so, imho;...nothing ventured nothing gained.

I do agree about the car insurance cashback deals though,...they do flatter to deceive.

However, I’ve had plenty other ‘cashback’ that’s actually materialized over the past few years.
    Have a look at my post #7 from yesterday, in this thread:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6052376

Earlier this year I made a substantial purchase from a company called BetterBathroomsUK;..the purchase was made through TopCashBack and promised 10% cashback.

A few days after my goods were delivered ‘BetterBathroomsUK’ ceased trading and were in the hands of the administrators. Bye-bye cashback ;....or so I thought,...however, to my absolute amazement I received said cashback in full about 4 months later.

The cashback sites don’t always come up trumps,...but it costs nothing to try.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

9Posts Today

3,794Users online

Martin's Twitter