Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sheep1003
    • By sheep1003 23rd Sep 19, 10:17 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 4Thanks
    sheep1003
    Clothes for mental health units.
    • 23rd Sep 19, 10:17 AM
    Clothes for mental health units. 23rd Sep 19 at 10:17 AM
    I have lost quite a bit of weight recently and I have a lot of good condition clothes (bigger sizes, practical day to clothes, trousers, jumpers etc) to get rid of. Normally I would just donate things to a local charity shop but I seem to recall seeing an appeal from a charity (canít remember which) asking people to donate clothes for mental health units that they pass on to patients who come in with nothing and that I would very much like to support.

Does anyone recall anything like that? I have googled but not sure of the way to word it so I have had little success! I called the local psychiatric unit and they couldnít help me. So thought I would reach out here for help. If it makes any difference Iím in Devon. I have read about donating clothes to homeless shelters and womanís refuges but would like to go down the mental health route first.

Thanks.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,723Posts Today

9,007Users online

Martin's Twitter