Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kmorr61
    • By kmorr61 5th Mar 18, 10:02 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kmorr61
    0 WOW
    TUI Online booking problems
    • 5th Mar 18, 10:02 AM
    0 WOW
    TUI Online booking problems 5th Mar 18 at 10:02 AM
    Hi as anyone else had a problem booking online with TUI.
    On Friday went online and selected a holiday which i have done several times before.
    Payment was confirmed, went to press continue/nothing, then technical difficulties with the site.
    Next checked bank account 730 was pending payment to TUI, checked with them via there phone service no booking. Have spent all weekend trying to get my money back, no luck was told by TUIcares that will take 3 to 5 working days. When i asked what would happen to the holiday i thought i had booked and paid for, basically unlucky because prices can go up and down, ha not even a offer of the same holiday at the same price was told i could rebook and have to pay again while waiting for a refund, not good customer service.
Page 2
    • Dawkins1970
    • By Dawkins1970 9th Oct 19, 1:35 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dawkins1970
    I have had the same issue last night . Payment is in suspense at my bank. Tui customer service (joke) not answering the phone just a message saying technical difficulties. How can this keep happening?
    • RS2OOO
    • By RS2OOO 9th Oct 19, 2:28 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    RS2OOO
    I had the same situation early morning after TC went into administration.

The extremely short version of the story is that in desperation to get the holiday re-booked before prices rocketed (which they subsequently did) I ended up with 19500 outstanding on Credit Cards, but the failed transactions were shown as pending on the CC account and around 5 days later disappeared altogether. No money was taken, but I had to increase my CC limit to "re-book".

The holiday was around 7300 (varied each time I re-quoted). By the end of the day they were quoting 18000 for the same holiday, and at one point it jumped up to 40,100 (glitch I think). By the following morning the holiday was sold out. In my case I did the right thing by re-booking it multiple times until I got to the final confirmation screen. I was a shaking wreck by the end of that day!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,368Posts Today

7,432Users online

Martin's Twitter