Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • brettcta
    • By brettcta 2nd Jan 18, 9:32 AM
    • 3,716Posts
    • 3,554Thanks
    brettcta
    Harringtons Advisory - Closed for good
    • 2nd Jan 18, 9:32 AM
    Harringtons Advisory - Closed for good 2nd Jan 18 at 9:32 AM
    https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/details.aspx/29496/Harringtons_Advisory_Limited/?search=simple&business=harringtons&authID=&sector =-1&county=-1&status=-1

they've finally had their authorisation to trade cancelled.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for 6.34)
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 2nd Jan 18, 11:59 AM
    • 24,900 Posts
    • 14,416 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 2nd Jan 18, 11:59 AM
    • 2nd Jan 18, 11:59 AM
    It's been a long time coming...
    • amersall
    • By amersall 2nd Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    • 16,844 Posts
    • 18,928 Thanks
    amersall
    • 2nd Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    • 2nd Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    Delighted, about time.

• Alpine Star
    • By Alpine Star 2nd Jan 18, 3:37 PM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 612 Thanks
    Alpine Star
    • 2nd Jan 18, 3:37 PM
    • 2nd Jan 18, 3:37 PM
    Sadly the news hasn't reached their website yet which appears to be trading as usual.

The Times reported that ''According to its most recent annual report, the firm, owned by Ibrar Akbar, 30, who went to Bolton Sixth Form College, is also being investigated by HMRC having set up a remuneration trust and moved 11.6m into the tax management vehicle.''
    • brettcta
    • By brettcta 2nd Jan 18, 4:08 PM
    • 3,716 Posts
    • 3,554 Thanks
    brettcta
    • 2nd Jan 18, 4:08 PM
    • 2nd Jan 18, 4:08 PM
    they're not likely to change their page to say that they've been closed down for being one of the more dodgy CMC's
    helpful tips
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for 6.34)
    • Nigelr65
    • By Nigelr65 27th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nigelr65
    • 27th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    What to do
    • 27th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    Sorry if this is posted already but what do I do re Harringtons, like an idiot I got them to start acting for me re claims a few years ago. I got a letter from them Nov 2017 saying I will get a refund from RBS re a credit card due to Plevin I then got a letter through from RBS saying they weren't dealing with them and would only deal with me, today I got a cheque through for 205 but what do I do as I see they are supposed to have stopped trading last year if so how come they still sent me a letter in Nov. Am I still legally required to send them a payment please help/advise
    • societys child
    • By societys child 27th Jan 18, 1:38 PM
    • 6,448 Posts
    • 7,631 Thanks
    societys child
    • 27th Jan 18, 1:38 PM
    • 27th Jan 18, 1:38 PM
    Am I still legally required to send them a payment please help/advise
    Had any contact from them asking for or demanding payment?

• Nigelr65
    • By Nigelr65 27th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nigelr65
    • 27th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    • 27th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    When they sent me that letter in Nov 2017 saying I would be getting a refund within approx 8 weeks and to advise them when I did with proof of the amount awarded to me nothing since then
    • Tonysaxton
    • By Tonysaxton 28th Feb 18, 10:45 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tonysaxton
    • 28th Feb 18, 10:45 AM
    • 28th Feb 18, 10:45 AM
    They hound me every day they are border line is harassing me are they closed or not and they are do I have to pay them????
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 28th Feb 18, 10:48 AM
    • 24,900 Posts
    • 14,416 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    They hound me every day they are border line is harassing me are they closed or not and they are do I have to pay them????
    Originally posted by Tonysaxton
    If you owe them money, the debt isn't going away.
    • Fazzy12
    • By Fazzy12 9th Mar 18, 2:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Fazzy12
    Still trading
    They are still trading under different names, and have just set up new call centres in new premises in Bury and Bolton.

The Hub (Bury)
    Financial justice (Bolton)

They also have other claims companies ran by friends and family for extra income.

Oracle Legal Group (Bury)
    Mayfair Sales (Bury)

They also switch directors a lot probably to avoid tax.

IBRAR AKBAR Director featured in the news recently for tax avoidance and claims management breeches.

MOHAMMED MASUM (director/partner) is one of the owners and has convictions for dealing
    cocaine. His property on Manchester Road, Bury has a value of over 1.5million.

DAVID JOHN GRIMSHAW Switches from Admin Manager to Financial Director and Company director. Has assets of more than 3million.

You may also want to look into other companies owned ny them as they have fingers in a lot of pies.

PENSIONS LEGAL LIMITED
    Director of this company was strangely put in the name of a sales advisor who worked at Harrington's her name is MS SIOBHAN ALEXIA FAULDS.

IA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LTD

MM INVESTMENTS (UK) LTD
    Last edited by Fazzy12; 09-03-2018 at 2:20 PM. Reason: spelling
    • chrislawton30
    • By chrislawton30 17th Mar 18, 3:02 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    chrislawton30
    Very interesting reading this.

Today I went for a job interview at 'The Hub' in Bury and something extremely dodgy about the entire thing!

Firstly, I was told if I was successful then I could start next week as an outbound PPI pack chaser and would be given TWO days training and THREE days on the phone. But (here is the catch), if they felt at the end of the week you were unsuitable then you would be dismissed and receive NO PAY! Naturally I told them where to go. After chatting to a few people, it seems a good 80% of people who start there are dismissed at the end of the week....interesting!

I gave them a one star rating on their facebook page and had a most unprofessional email from them asking why did I leave them a low rating and they were a 'highly successful company that made lots and lots of money'!!! It was as if a child with a tantrum had wrote the email!

According to the local newspaper Bury Times, 'The Hub' was started by local businessman Kamer Yasin who attended Bury College but interestingly the number that phoned to arrange the interview is the SAME number as Financial Justice in Bolton!!! The lot thickens!

Now I have just applied for a job on indeed in Bolton called 'Survey Confederations' and after reading the ad again I reckon it's another bloomin 'arm' of this lot! Ah well, if they do not work out I am the 'troublemaker', then I will have a lot of fun at wasting their time!
    • Maclaren20
    • By Maclaren20 17th Mar 18, 10:45 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maclaren20
    Remove my name off this post. Siobhan Faulds. I work for the company nothing more. So therefore you have no right to slate my name on any public post. REMOVE OR IT WILL BE OFFICIALLY REPORTED.
    • robber2
    • By robber2 18th Mar 18, 1:07 PM
    • 440 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    robber2
    Remove my name off this post. Siobhan Faulds. I work for the company nothing more. So therefore you have no right to slate my name on any public post. REMOVE OR IT WILL BE OFFICIALLY REPORTED.
    Originally posted by Maclaren20
    Can't see anyone slating your name, just stating facts. As a suitable person to be a director you were presumably aware that your appointment would be a matter of public record;

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/6FIkMcV7fJs5XPsob4N0EdfLC2A/appointments

Rob
    Last edited by robber2; 18-03-2018 at 2:06 PM. Reason: misreading of badly worded post
    • chrislawton30
    • By chrislawton30 18th Mar 18, 3:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    chrislawton30
    HAHA this company are so thick I don't think they have an IQ of ZERO between them!

Just been reading about some of the shocking and hilarious work practices that take place at 'The Hub' in Bury! Shocking! Makes a back street black market dealer look like a pro!
    • chrislawton30
    • By chrislawton30 18th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    chrislawton30
    They are still trading under different names, and have just set up new call centres in new premises in Bury and Bolton.

The Hub (Bury)
    Financial justice (Bolton)

They also have other claims companies ran by friends and family for extra income.

Oracle Legal Group (Bury)
    Mayfair Sales (Bury)

They also switch directors a lot probably to avoid tax.

IBRAR AKBAR Director featured in the news recently for tax avoidance and claims management breeches.

MOHAMMED MASUM (director/partner) is one of the owners and has convictions for dealing
    cocaine. His property on Manchester Road, Bury has a value of over 1.5million.

DAVID JOHN GRIMSHAW Switches from Admin Manager to Financial Director and Company director. Has assets of more than 3million.

You may also want to look into other companies owned ny them as they have fingers in a lot of pies.

PENSIONS LEGAL LIMITED
    Director of this company was strangely put in the name of a sales advisor who worked at Harrington's her name is MS SIOBHAN ALEXIA FAULDS.

IA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LTD

MM INVESTMENTS (UK) LTD
    Originally posted by Fazzy12
    'The Hub' are a disgusting place! People are being given a pathetic TWO days training, then put on the phones for THREE days and then are asked to sign waivers to say that if they fail to meet the grade then they will be dismissed WITH ZERO PAY!!! So basically, this company are getting free labour from people! Disgusting and immoral but typical of what you can expect with this bunch of cowboys!
    • Chickenrun2018
    • By Chickenrun2018 18th Mar 18, 11:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chickenrun2018
    Crazy benefits man
    The guy sounds loopy one of them conspiracy morons who sit at home on benefits cooking up all sorts conspiracys then tells the job centre these companies are reason he doesnt work. yet spends all his time researching and basing his life on damaging companies who wont have him bcz he complaims about everything. Iv seen his type many times. Sales works like this...i dont pass the training u dont get hired. They shouldn't go into sales if they dont like it. This company probs thought the best time to set up is wen another company is laying off staff and yet is getting tainted with same brush.
    • robber2
    • By robber2 19th Mar 18, 7:06 PM
    • 440 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    robber2
    The guy sounds loopy one of them conspiracy morons who sit at home on benefits cooking up all sorts conspiracys then tells the job centre these companies are reason he doesnt work. yet spends all his time researching and basing his life on damaging companies who wont have him bcz he complaims about everything. Iv seen his type many times. Sales works like this...i dont pass the training u dont get hired. They shouldn't go into sales if they dont like it. This company probs thought the best time to set up is wen another company is laying off staff and yet is getting tainted with same brush.
    Originally posted by Chickenrun2018
    Odd that you should sign up simply to have one, semi-literate and misdirected rant. Which are you; director or shareholder?

I suspect that rather than being a chicken you are in fact a Troll.
    • MadKen
    • By MadKen 14th Aug 19, 7:22 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MadKen
    County Court Claim
    Hi Everyone

Just to let everyone know, Harringtons Advisory Ltd have issued a County Court claim against my friend, my friend intends to defend it.! If you are in the same situation let me know.
    • brettcta
    • By brettcta 15th Aug 19, 9:13 PM
    • 3,716 Posts
    • 3,554 Thanks
    brettcta
    When did your friend instruct them? Did they get their offer of redress before or after they were kicked off the MOJ register?
    helpful tips
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,491Posts Today

8,202Users online

Martin's Twitter