Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • icldc
    • By icldc 26th Jun 16, 10:56 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    icldc
    Scottish Ceilidh
    • 26th Jun 16, 10:56 AM
    Scottish Ceilidh 26th Jun 16 at 10:56 AM
    If you are thinking of having a Ceilidh for your wedding, or that special occasion, I would advice staying away from Scotland's Ceilidh band. We found that a Mr Tony Coogan who is the business manager highly unreliable and temperamental. He keeps changing his min at a whim. He is in the habit of making arrangements with you but he does not stick to them. A total waste of time. He denied us the opportunity to make an appropriate toast at the time.

Performance was mediocre, disorganised and actually left a bad taste after the event. A lot of the guests were disappointed and we were left feeling cheated.

Bottom line: Stay away. Don't let him spoil your day.
Page 1
    • pippabubbles
    • By pippabubbles 24th Jun 19, 1:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pippabubbles
    • 24th Jun 19, 1:24 PM
    • 24th Jun 19, 1:24 PM
    I too have had a poor experience with Tony Coogan (Anthony Coogan) Scotland's Ceilidh Band. He has a website which has not been updated in years with old reviews. I wish I knew more about this man before I booked. I hadn't booked a band before and needed someone for a ceilidh for our wedding vow renewal ceremony/silver wedding anniversary. I agree with much of what the previous reviewer has said. e.g. He called me October 2018 (last year) when our booking was October 2019 and said he'd "sent 5 guys" to the venue. Alarm bells. If he was in this band, why SEND 5 other guys (albeit a year early)? In addition I recently discovered he was only gonna send two guys. The band had been reduced to a duet. I had paid 180 deposit for what I believed to be a five piece band. Didn't want to cancel and lose 180. I was worried that buy the time the venue came around I would have the one man band from Mary Poppins! Just felt like I was hearing glossy renditions of actualities, not getting a full picture of what was really gonna happen. We had booked half ceilidh half disco. Did a bit of digging and between the last review on him here and asking around, I didn't like what I heard, I emailed in first instance for reassurances, no reply. I therefore resorted to cancelling, and did so by text and email. It was only then I got an email reply. I have lost the deposit of 180 he says not refundable as he'd turned away NUMEROUS bookings he said, and the negative reviews were from jealous competitors. I have just this second blocked him from contacting me on my phone as he's becoming challenging in his word choice. I agree with the previous reviewer. If you are having a Ceilidh, find someone else. Ask around for recommendations.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

124Posts Today

1,268Users online

Martin's Twitter