Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • falkirkzidane
    • By falkirkzidane 23rd Jan 16, 8:26 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    falkirkzidane
    Collective Energy Switch Feb 2nd
    • 23rd Jan 16, 8:26 PM
    Collective Energy Switch Feb 2nd 23rd Jan 16 at 8:26 PM
    Hi All,

The energy club has a collective switch and states it will happen on Feb 2nd. Does anyone know if this means the collective switch will be on the table there and then on February the 2nd or if this is when it kicks off and the offer will be made in due course after a few weeks or so?

Thanks in advance.
Page 5
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 2nd Feb 16, 9:17 PM
    • 654 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    You might lose your dual fuel discount from the same tariff so watch out
    Originally posted by csgohan4
    Hi Csgohan4

Just to confirm, we checked this with Eon. As long as you have both fuels with Eon, it told us you'll retain the dual fuel discount even if you're on two separate tariffs.

Hope that helps.
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 2nd Feb 16, 9:17 PM
    • 1,161 Posts
    • 523 Thanks
    wavelets
    When I looked on comparison sites today for my area and useage (East Kent, 16500Kwh gas and 6100Kwh Elec), SSE, Eon and NPower were all very close to the big switch BG price. However, a few years ago I tried to switch to Scottish Power and had problems about my meter - it's a fancy 3 phase dual rate jobbie, but I'm on a single rate tarrif (my elec meter gives me 3 readings, day, night and total). SP could not handle it, BG can (as can Sainsburys Energy) so that, along with the price, influenced my decision to accept the BG offer.
    Originally posted by Chrishazle
    Are you sure you have a 3-phase supply?
    That is normally only provided to commercial premesis (usually ones with high consumption)

You will have major issues getting a domestic tariff if you have a 3-phase supply.

Sounds like you are actually simply on a E10 syle legacy tariff - attempting to switch supplier will end in tears. Even you having removed yourself from the legacy tariff may cause issues.

Best to get the job done proerly and get the wiring to the house seen to and the meter changed to a universal type. (I presume the fact you have left the E10 tariff means you have already got rid of the various appliances designed to be used with it)
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 2nd Feb 16, 9:19 PM
    • 654 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Cannot get a quote as CEC has my gas supply marked as swap in progress so no dual fuel option available.
    Originally posted by gsmlnx
    Hi there - if you drop us a note over to energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com we can fix this for you.

Thanks
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 2nd Feb 16, 9:20 PM
    • 654 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Hi,
    I switched to the BG collective switch 2016 and both my fuels are showing in my BG account.
    But the cheap energy club still shows my switch as in progress.
    I have looked at the new collective switch tariff and its a little bit cheaper but I can't switch to it as it just says I have a switch in progress.
    Both my fuels switched over by the middle of November.
    How can I get my details updated on the cheap energy club ?

Thanks
    Originally posted by jessmist
    Hi Jessmist - just drop a quick note over to energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com and we'll fix this for you.

Hope this helps.
    • jessmist
    • By jessmist 2nd Feb 16, 9:27 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    jessmist
    Hi Jessmist - just drop a quick note over to energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com and we'll fix this for you.

Hope this helps.
    Originally posted by MSE Dan L
    Thanks I have emailed and you have sorted it out.
    Thanks
    • gt94sss2
    • By gt94sss2 2nd Feb 16, 9:53 PM
    • 4,304 Posts
    • 2,035 Thanks
    gt94sss2
    Hmm.. is it possible the CEC calculator has an error in it?

My brother who lives in the London area is currently on the iChoosr Collective Oct 15 tariff.

I was looking to change him to the new EON MSE online collective tariff.

The standing charge for both tariffs is 16.422p/day.

On his current tariff, the unit charge is 9.960p, on the new MSE tariff its 9.807p (all vat inc.)

The MSE website says their tariff is more expensive than his current one? (based on 15/month spend)

I can't see how...
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 3rd Feb 16, 12:10 AM
    • 4,133 Posts
    • 1,676 Thanks
    footyguy
    Hmm.. is it possible the CEC calculator has an error in it?

My brother who lives in the London area is currently on the iChoosr Collective Oct 15 tariff.

I was looking to change him to the new EON MSE online collective tariff.

The standing charge for both tariffs is 16.422p/day.

On his current tariff, the unit charge is 9.960p, on the new MSE tariff its 9.807p (all vat inc.)

The MSE website says their tariff is more expensive than his current one? (based on 15/month spend)

I can't see how...
    Originally posted by gt94sss2
    I think you must have done something wrong.

First of all, you'll get the best results if you use annual consumption in kWh. But as you didn't provide that info, I've worked with what you did provide.

Using the existing tariff as:
    Eon iChoosr Collective Oct 15 Paperless Billing
    it does indeed have the unit rate you state and the same daily standing charge as the MSE Collective Feb 2016 Online (Eon) tariff. This MSE/Eon tariff has the unit charge you specify.

However the results I am shown is that the existing tariff will cost 180 p.a (12 x 15) and the MSE/Eon tariff will cost 178 p.a respresenting an annual save of 2

Perhaps you were looking at the E.ON Fixed 1 Year v19 Online tariff that has the same daily standing charge, but a unit cost of 10.027p per kWh, that would result in an oncost of 1 per year?
    Last edited by footyguy; 03-02-2016 at 12:15 AM.
    • dacdesigns
    • By dacdesigns 3rd Feb 16, 12:16 AM
    • 132 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    dacdesigns
    My cheapest tariff offered is like 200 more per year then just doing a quick comparison on uSwitch and Moneysupermarket. Am I doing something wrong? I have used my exact kWh from last years statements and I'm currently on British Gas standard so seeing nearly 500 saving with uSwitch and Moneysupermarket but only 170 saving on this collective, seems very odd.

EDIT: Found the fault, I was setup for prepayment still lol 482 saving with British Gas
    Last edited by dacdesigns; 03-02-2016 at 12:23 AM.
    • mumlette23
    • By mumlette23 3rd Feb 16, 6:49 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mumlette23
    I've checked to see if my email address is eligible to join up to the Cec and it states I am, put all my details in and tells my email address is invalid.

Any help would be appreciated
    • W1zz
    • By W1zz 3rd Feb 16, 7:09 AM
    • 598 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    W1zz
    Looks like existing British Gas Collective Fix December 2016 customers can switch over to the BG collective Fix February 2017 without paying 60 in exit fees and can get the 30 cashback.

The standing charge and unit rates are less for both gas and electricity so it is going to be automatically cheaper although most of the saving is in the cheaper standing charges (North West region at least).

In my case it's 57pa cheaper (of which about 50 comes from the cheaper standing charges)

I've just switched to it. I wonder if I was first
    Originally posted by SnowMan
    I'm also currently on the British Gas Collective Fix December 2016 and just checking here to make sure I can switch. It's showing in my energy club as being 64 a year cheaper for the Feb 2017 Fix. Added with the 30 cashback, what you got to loose
    • andy poulton
    • By andy poulton 3rd Feb 16, 7:29 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    andy poulton
    Big switch event 4
    I was looking forward to this one as my last big switch is ending.
    However I am moving house march/april.

I has stated the process and got caught out with th T's and C's.

MSE site say you CAN take it with you when you move house.
    "- If you move home you can take it with you"

The CEC site states it is NOT portable.
    "and it's not portable so you can't take it with you if you move house."

Does anyone know which it is please or how best to proceed [choose another!]
    Cheers Andy
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 3rd Feb 16, 7:41 AM
    • 1,008 Posts
    • 191 Thanks
    shaggy
    I was looking forward to this one as my last big switch is ending.
    However I am moving house march/april.

I has stated the process and got caught out with th T's and C's.

MSE site say you CAN take it with you when you move house.
    "- If you move home you can take it with you"

The CEC site states it is NOT portable.
    "and it's not portable so you can't take it with you if you move house."

Does anyone know which it is please or how best to proceed [choose another!]
    Cheers Andy
    Originally posted by andy poulton

I'm in a similar situation. Does anyone know the answer
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 3rd Feb 16, 7:43 AM
    • 1,689 Posts
    • 1,344 Thanks
    bxboards
    Beware - savings wildy optimist for low users
    Hi

The collective switch for low users is very poor, and I'd strongly advise only looking at the projected savings to be very wary.

In my case, I am a very low gas user, so my current Sainsbury's Energy with a 10.50 a day standing charge works out well. The claim is that I will be better off switching to British Gas with a 18.900p per day. Well those figures do not stack up and the savings are imaginary and outright nonsense! For low users the standing charge cost is much more important that the price per kwh.

I am aware these calculations use Ofgen guidelines - in that case, the calculations are not fit for purpose. I would be far better switching my gas to Daligas or Ebico.
    • jessmist
    • By jessmist 3rd Feb 16, 8:10 AM
    • 623 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    jessmist
    I have just switched from the BG collective switch to the BG 2017 collective. Will save around 120
    So no complaints from me.
  • archived user
    I have just switched from the BG collective switch to the BG 2017 collective. Will save around 120
    So no complaints from me.
    Originally posted by jessmist
    Check your savings as they well be inflated.
    • Chunks
    • By Chunks 3rd Feb 16, 9:11 AM
    • 704 Posts
    • 298 Thanks
    Chunks
    Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request GET /energy/resultsall.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Cant access for a comparison........
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON MSE Collective Electric Only Tariff Feb 16

Ah just seen the tariff E.ON MSE Collective Feb 2016 Online , which is more expensive than the current E ON tariff that is on there Fixed 1 Year v19 Online

very disappointing
    Originally posted by myxbox
    Glad you found our MSE Electric Only Tariff myxbox but sorry it's disappointing and not for you.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • macman
    • By macman 3rd Feb 16, 9:47 AM
    • 43,575 Posts
    • 18,707 Thanks
    macman
    CEC site appears to be down at present, I can log in (eventually) but not possible to edit anything.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 3rd Feb 16, 9:49 AM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    Thanks MSE Dan
    Hi there - if you drop us a note over to energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com we can fix this for you.

Thanks
    Originally posted by MSE Dan L
    Thanks Dan for updating my account. Will try the CEC website later as it seems to be buckling under the pressure this morning and the start page is just timing out for me.
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 3rd Feb 16, 9:52 AM
    • 654 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    CEC site appears to be down at present, I can log in (eventually) but not possible to edit anything.
    Originally posted by macman
    The site is really busy right now, so not running quite as quickly as we'd like. Our techies are on it and looking at how we can make things go more smoothly.

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,008Posts Today

7,599Users online

Martin's Twitter