Collective Energy Switch Feb 2nd

Comments

• Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Finally got in. Filled in form to switch from BG to BG fixed. Submitted form. Server down message.

I could actually cry.

How can I find out if the switch was properly submitted? I've been trying to get this done all day. I can save £35 a month!

I got a confirmation email from MSE CEC so if you haven't had an email, I'd suspect it hasn't gone through.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• Slinky wrote: »
    I got a confirmation email from MSE CEC so if you haven't had an email, I'd suspect it hasn't gone through.

Thank you. Looks like it didn't work then.

Additional question: can I switch from BG to BG in the same manner as other switches?
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    razord wrote: »
    This must be a regional/postcode thing. It's 0.3p per kWh cheaper for me!

Suspect you're right razord. Our standing charges are the same across all regions. The only variation is the payment method with cheaper daily charges for a Monthly Direct Debit. As you say, differences per kWh will more than likely be a regional thing.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • onzey
    onzey Posts: 830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just a quick heads up onzey. There aren't any exit fees for going from one E.ON tariff to another. If the new MSE Collective is better for you than our Fixed 1 Year version 19 then you can switch to this without being charged. You will, though, need to go through MSE's Cheap Energy Club. As it's a collective deal, it's not something we can do for you either over the phone or online.

Sorry if you already know this onzey but hope it helps.

Malc

I did know but thanks for your post anyway.

Just managed to get into CEC and have made the switch. (and just received email confirmation from CEC while typing this)

Btw I never did receive price alerts for V18 or V19 (checked all email folders).

Mind you, I checked the E.ON website and in the price alert faqs and T&Cs, it does say up to 10 working days. I think that makes it the last day today for V18 and a couple more days for V19, so there's still time! :wink: :rotfl:
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Daft question time - does the 'dual fuel' discount simply mean having both gas and electric from the same provider. Are there any caveats to both needing to be on the same tariff? The British Gas deal does not save me enough to move away from E.on, but there is potential for the electricity collective switch to save me something.

Thanks

Not a daft question, but MSE have already confirmed in this thread that Eon will give you the dual fuel discount as long as you have both your gas & electricity with them - they don't need to be on the same tariff. :)
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    yup the night time rate is same but the collective switch day unit rate is slightly more expensive than the v19

I thought the so called collective switch was meant to be cheaper than normal tariffs, but I guess not for me

think I will just move to the v19

Hi NittyGritty

There's no exit fee for moving between E.ON Tariffs so you can switch to the Fixed 1 Year version 19 tariff without charge. Version 19 is still available at the moment and I've not been told of an end date yet but it could be pulled at any time.

Hope this is of interest NittyGritty.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    edited 3 February 2016 at 3:42PM
    Finally got in. Filled in form to switch from BG to BG fixed. Submitted form. Server down message.

I could actually cry.

How can I find out if the switch was properly submitted? I've been trying to get this done all day. I can save £35 a month!

Hi Matchboxfull

If your switch went through you should get confirmation later today by email. If you don't hear anything by tomorrow morning, drop us a note to collectiveswitch@moneysavingexpert.com and we'll look into this.

We know this is frustrating - our techies are working hard to try and improve things.

Thanks
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    You might lose your dual fuel discount from the same tariff so watch out

The mse BG collective is cheapest for me, even looking at elec and gas seperately. South east that is.

Thanks for the heads up csgohan4. I've just edited my reply togt94sss2 (post 130) to explain they'll still receive our dual fuel discount provided both the electricity and gas are with us. It doesn't matter that they might be on different tariffs. This discount is only stopped if one fuel moves to a different supplier.

Thanks again for the heads up csgohan4.

Malc
  • Scotia55
    Scotia55 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 February 2016 at 4:04PM
    Tried to do this today and it appears MSE is struggling with volume of traffic so switching is down. Do I have to redo my application when it is up and running? And when is that likely to be?
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi Matchboxfull

If your switch went through you should get confirmation later today by email. If you don't hear anything by tomorrow morning, drop us a note to collectiveswitch@moneysavingexpert.com and we'll look into this.

We know this is frustrating - our techies are working hard to try and improve things.

Thanks

Hi MSE Dan, I've emailed the collectiveswitch address with the same question but thought you might be able to answer on here.

Is the British Gas deal portable or not, the email suggests so but Energy Club site says not.

MSE.png
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport