Las Vegas thread and MSE guide 2010

Comments

• stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,520 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    September
    Looking at the figures for post views and replies, seems as though last year was very poor compared to 2008 results. More than 2/3rds less views,(210,000, compared to 650,000 for 2008) that is staggering even considering the recession, though this thread is probably now the premier location for info on Las Vegas in the U.K.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Did you count both the 2009 threads stoneman?
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • indiegirl_2
    indiegirl_2 Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 January 2010 at 6:38PM
    September
    To get to the last page, I've bookmarked mine as:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2174765&page=99999999999999

(if that doesn't show, it's the standard thread ID with &page=99999999999 at the end).
    I think that should work, as it should try and send you to page 999999999 each time, ie the last. I won't know until we go onto a second page!

I think I modified my old bookmark to this year's threadID of 2174765.

I'll take my geekhat off now.
  • Chyna-s
    Chyna-s Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    October , November
    Do you not subscribe to the thread? At the top (but under the poll) you have a box with the words 'thread tool's'. Click in there and click on 'subscrobe to thread'. Youy can then choose to get an e-mail everytime a post has been made. It will have a link in it to this thread (and hopefully go straight to the last post you have read).

Hope this helps.
    Thank you all who post.
  • pennylane99
    pennylane99 Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    June
    stoneman wrote: »
    Looking at the figures for post views and replies, seems as though last year was very poor compared to 2008 results. More than 2/3rds less views,(210,000, compared to 650,000 for 2008) that is staggering even considering the recession, though this thread is probably now the premier location for info on Las Vegas in the U.K.

last year was split into 2 threads due to technical issues with threads over 5000 posts

part 1 views 372766 posts 5590

part 2 views 210957 posts 3473
  • stoneman
    September
    Chyna-s wrote: »
    Do you not subscribe to the thread? At the top (but under the poll) you have a box with the words 'thread tool's'. Click in there and click on 'subscrobe to thread'. Youy can then choose to get an e-mail everytime a post has been made. It will have a link in it to this thread (and hopefully go straight to the last post you have read).

Hope this helps.
    I don't subscribe to threads, it just clutters up my email. I belong to several forums.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • stoneman
    September
    last year was split into 2 threads due to technical issues with threads over 5000 posts

part 1 views 372766 posts 5590

part 2 views 210957 posts 3473
    Yes, I can see, both you and froggitt are correct. I forgot about the split after 5000 posts. I thought it was very strange myself. Stand corrected.
  • stoneman
    September
    OK, need help. Tracy saw some women in TI using some finger puppets to bring them luck on the slots. they had 4 or 5 on one hand and were touching the screen while the wheels rolled to bring them luck. Has anyone heard of this before and where could you get these things. hey, we all need luck, and who is to say it doesn't work;)
  • nvh
    nvh Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 January 2010 at 8:58PM
    stoneman wrote: »
    OK, need help. Tracy saw some women in TI using some finger puppets to bring them luck on the slots. they had 4 or 5 on one hand and were touching the screen while the wheels rolled to bring them luck. Has anyone heard of this before and where could you get these things. hey, we all need luck, and who is to say it doesn't work;)
    :rotfl: brilliant... i bet the real reason they wear them though is just to stop them getting static shocks ;)

luci - your links a bit messed up incidently! :)
    (here it is i think!)
    https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=EXC&host=offer&code=x1228
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    They werent finger puppets, theyd just had their nails done :D:D
    illegitimi non carborundum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business