Ryanair online check-in problem

Options
I booked a flight from Belfast to Birstol from June 8th - 11th. I booked it on May 17th before all the new regulations came in on May 20th. I opted for online check-in as it was the cheapest but when I went to print out my boarding card I found out that they didn't accept driving licences (I don't have a passport).

It turns out that they only accept driving licences for airport check-ins that were booked before May 20th. I was wondering if there was any way to change my booking to airport check-in instead and so that the pre-May 20th rules still apply. If I didn't check-in online and just showed up at the airport and went to the airport check-in would I be able to use my driving licence then (despite a fine)?

I would really appreciate any help anybody can give me on this problem.

Thanks, Lucy

Comments

• cannyscot_2
    cannyscot_2 Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I know it is £20 if you just turn up and dont check in online but .. they are stopping taking driving licences as ID for future flights after october so ?? It's fairly possible if youn spend £1 a minute that they will tell you you cant travel.

Sorry not too helpful
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    there is a forum dedicated to FLIGHTS..

ryanair is an airline, and this is related to A FLIGHT.. so it belongs there..

how overseas holidays and planning is a better place to put this than the FLIGHTS, CURRENCY AND CAR HIRE is beyond me..

rant over
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]
    :hello:
  • spook
    spook Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    markymoo wrote: »
    there is a forum dedicated to FLIGHTS..

ryanair is an airline, and this is related to A FLIGHT.. so it belongs there..

how overseas holidays and planning is a better place to put this than the FLIGHTS, CURRENCY AND CAR HIRE is beyond me..

rant over

I think the flights forum has only just appeared in the last few days. I think the OP probably didn't notice it.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    spook wrote: »
    I think the flights forum has only just appeared in the last few days. I think the OP probably didn't notice it.

and is a newbie too.
    and the 'Overseas Holidays & Planning' is the main board in bold type whilst 'Flights, Currency & Car Hire' is a sub board, so that would have been the one that jumped out at the OP.

Cut them a bit of slack, Markymoo. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport