Las Vegas thread and MSE guide 2009

Comments

• roll on April 2009 for me, thanks for this great thread :)

Foo
    xx
  • tingtong
    tingtong Posts: 580 Forumite
    Here we go again then ! All the best to everyone for 2009.
  • dawnylou
    dawnylou Posts: 3,133
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The Bellagio Fountains
    I'm really worried..... there will be at least 10 of us flying in April....but I just do not understand ANY of the Visa or ESTA stuff?!?! I'm so scared that someone will be turned away after having spent so much money or something!!
    Is there someone who can actually talk you through this if you cannot understand?
    If so who - I don't think Travel Agents would as we booked online....
    Dream of being mortgage free....
    APR 2007 - £109,825 FEB 2012 - £98,664.53:beer:

• The Secret Garden
    We booked a few nights ago, going out 15th feb! Can't wait! We are also getting married out there!
  • We booked today, going in exactly 3 weeks!! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! :eek:

This will be my 4th visit and 2nd time in 4 months! :D
    Undefeated Wii Fit ski jump champion!
    Vegas Junkie....

Festering_Plates' number one fan! :T
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,351
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    The Bellagio Fountains
    stoneman wrote: »
    Great work again trets. Just in time as well, this is my last post before leaving for Vegas tomorrow.I might get time to post at the airport lounge, but if not, happy New Year to everyone and will be an on the spot reporter during my visit. If anyone wants to know anything in particular to be looked up while I am there, let me know.
    Have a great trip and dont forget to let us know how you get on with the LCI card (or not as the case may be)
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    The Bellagio Fountains
    stoneman wrote: »
    Great work again trets. Just in time as well, this is my last post before leaving for Vegas tomorrow.I might get time to post at the airport lounge, but if not, happy New Year to everyone and will be an on the spot reporter during my visit. If anyone wants to know anything in particular to be looked up while I am there, let me know.

Safe flight and good luck - can't wait to hear about your trip!
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    The Bellagio Fountains
    dawnylou wrote: »
    I'm really worried..... there will be at least 10 of us flying in April....but I just do not understand ANY of the Visa or ESTA stuff?!?! I'm so scared that someone will be turned away after having spent so much money or something!!
    Is there someone who can actually talk you through this if you cannot understand?
    If so who - I don't think Travel Agents would as we booked online....

Maybe have a look here:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/esta.html

And call the embassy if you have questions. It seems pretty straight forward - you go to the government's website and submit your application (for free) and get a response quite quickly in most cases...you don't need a visa...there's a visa waiver programme in place and ESTA builds on that.

If it's like the ETA for Australia, the airline will have a record that you've applied and been approved...it's really simple.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The Bellagio Fountains
    Thanks Trets, and a Happy New Year to all you moneysavers.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The Bellagio Fountains
    We just did our ESTA's today. We were approved in seconds of hitting the submit button. It says that you don't need to have a copy at the airport. I assume that's because they transfer the info to your flight provider. We took copies anyway just in case. This system is new, so we can all expect a few wrinkles. Luckily, we aren't due to go until 4th May, so a lot will be sorted by then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure