Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 5th Aug 08, 6:12 PM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    0 WOW
    Cheap Airport Parking Discussion
    • 5th Aug 08, 6:12 PM
    0 WOW
    Cheap Airport Parking Discussion 5th Aug 08 at 6:12 PM

This thread is specifically to discuss the

Click reply to discuss
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 04-11-2008 at 1:44 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 5
  • Wammer
    Update. My second claim was approved! Free parking!

It took 5 days. I submitted another one yesterday which has been passed to their accounts department today so a bit quicker. Just waiting for a decision.
  • pixie76
    I need a cheap parking deal for London Luton. Arrive Monday morning(the 9th) & collect car Saturday 14th evening. If anybody can help I would appreciate it. thanks.
    ٩(̮̮̃̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃̃)۶
  • DeForest Porcini
    successful free parking
    I just had an email to say they were accepting my claim, from essential travel: all credit to them for playing fair on this.

To get this, I just followed the instructions in the thread so won't repeat them here.

Thanks everyone and thanks MSE.com!
    • blindman
    • By blindman 12th Apr 12, 9:56 AM
    • 5,238 Posts
    • 4,227 Thanks
    blindman
    Essential travel have a price guarantee which seems to be fallible- i.e you can find prices to beat them and hence get free parking.

Oh and don't forget to go Through Quidco or TCB-The amount tracks-not sure if it gets paid yet though!

Good luck!
    Originally posted by blindman
    Update
    Quidco have paid me 7.00 for this claim-so 21 days parking at LHR gave me 6.50 profit !
    Last edited by blindman; 16-04-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    • gingernm
    • By gingernm 20th Apr 12, 8:56 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    gingernm
    Big thankyou for the essentialtravel advice. Just had confirmation mail that my heathrow parking is now free!!! BIG saving of 53.95!!

THANKS to everyone!
    • Scorpio girlie
    • By Scorpio girlie 21st Apr 12, 11:51 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    Scorpio girlie
    http://www.chfparking.co.uk/

We parked at this place last year for 3 weeks when we flew from Manchester airport - 5 minutes away. It was the cheapest I could find and they provided an excellent service.

SG
    x
  • chillerman
    Just a quick one if I may.
    When people are putting in times for the carparks, how are they doing it?
    ie. 3 or 4 hrs before dept and then the time they land or what?
    Thanks for any help
    Nice to save.
    • hollowhead
    • By hollowhead 21st Apr 12, 11:10 PM
    • 455 Posts
    • 1,727 Thanks
    hollowhead
    Been looking and looking and can't find a cheaper deal for Bristol aiport for May 2nd for 7 nights, anyone any ideas where I can get cheaper? Thanks
  • Wammer
    Just a quick one if I may.
    When people are putting in times for the carparks, how are they doing it?
    ie. 3 or 4 hrs before dept and then the time they land or what?
    Thanks for any help
    Originally posted by chillerman
    We like to get to the airport 2-2.5 hours before departure so put that for the outbound. For the inbound about 45 minutes to an hour depending on the transfer time back to the car park.

HTH
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 23rd Apr 12, 12:54 AM
    • 18,662 Posts
    • 15,598 Thanks
    wealdroam
    Been looking and looking and can't find a cheaper deal for Bristol aiport for May 2nd for 7 nights, anyone any ideas where I can get cheaper? Thanks
    Originally posted by hollowhead
    Cheaper than what?

Why not post on the Cheap Airport Parking: West/SW England Airports Airport hints, tips and local parking thread?
    Might get a better response there.
  • timmo789
    any ideas to reduce parking costs at Bournemouth? They aren't included on any of the comparison sites Martin lists, there is 1 bus from Bournemouth (I live in Poole so useless), no train station for miles and it's 40 return for a taxi to Poole.

It's such a pain, the airport is so close, yet it's cheaper to get the train 30 miles to Southampton! Only problem is then getting flights which are anywhere near the Ryanair/Thomsonfly prices at Bournemouth.

It's something like 8.50 a day to park at Bournemouth and we are going for 6 nights in October. It comes out at 37.50 parking with a discount booking directly with the airport website.
    Originally posted by Burlesque Babe
    Have you tried parkinmydrive.com? Cheap parking through local residents.
    • Vikki_74
    • By Vikki_74 28th Apr 12, 12:16 AM
    • 749 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    Vikki_74
    Woo hoo...claim number two was a success, just had email back to confirm!! So total outlay for 5 nights parking = 50p, not bad going 3.36 & 1.88 have tracked through on my TCB account so far - expect they'll change to 0 at some point but you never know.
    Originally posted by Vikki_74
    Just on here getting the link to try my luck again for Manchester airport later this year and thought I would update on the cash back.

Both amounts - for the unsuccessful booking which I cancelled altogether and the freebie - have tracked through and are now payable. Total cashback 5.14
    • skintsaver
    • By skintsaver 2nd May 12, 10:43 PM
    • 528 Posts
    • 527 Thanks
    skintsaver
    hi all i have tried this for when i need my parking, did you have a confirmation email back once you sent your proof through or did you just have one once a decision had been made?
    If your happy and you know it clap your hands
    • blindman
    • By blindman 3rd May 12, 9:36 AM
    • 5,238 Posts
    • 4,227 Thanks
    blindman
    hi all i have tried this for when i need my parking, did you have a confirmation email back once you sent your proof through or did you just have one once a decision had been made?
    Originally posted by skintsaver
    Varies
    First one i got an email back saying

I have sent this price match to our head office to look into and I should have an answer on this in 24/48 hours.
    I then got a phone call back to say it was confirmed and the money paid back to the card.

Second time IIRC I just got the email saying the claim was confirmed.

Give them 24 hrs then ring to see what's happening.

Report back your success
    • markea
    • By markea 6th May 12, 5:08 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    markea
    Just seen this at fhr-net.co.uk/
    =============================
    Offer states - Aardvark Meet and Greet - 49.00 [including 5.50 discount]
    ==================================
    The Essential Travel cost for this parking is 54.50 [the same].

As a discount is stated would this qualify for a refund from Essential Travel. Any thoughts please...
    Last edited by markea; 07-05-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 6th May 12, 5:37 PM
    • 18,662 Posts
    • 15,598 Thanks
    wealdroam
    Just seen this at fhr-net.co.uk/
    =============================
    Offer states - Aardvark Meet and Greet - 49.00 [including 5.50 discount]
    ==================================
    The Essential Travel cost for this parking is 54.50 [the same].

As a discount is stated would this qualify for a refund. Any thoughts please...
    Originally posted by markea
    A refund of what?
    Have you bought anything?
    If so, who from and how much did you pay?
    • markea
    • By markea 7th May 12, 11:25 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    markea
    A refund of what?
    Have you bought anything?
    If so, who from and how much did you pay?
    Originally posted by wealdroam
    Essential Travel offer a best price guarantee on airport parking. If you book with them and then can find a cheaper price elsewhere [subject to T&C] they will give you a full refund.

Several previous posters in this thread have successfully got their money back. Have a read...
    • sadie22
    • By sadie22 10th May 12, 9:28 AM
    • 196 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    sadie22
    we searched for stansted airport parking for 17 days and the cheapest was coming out at 86, a friend suggested gatwick/stansted flyer, this is a door to door pick up service that has been running years, lots of pick up areas, and ive got a quote for 61, so we have the luxury of not driving , so we have gone for that option. there website is www.gatwickflyer.co.uk
    • tyroleandancer
    • By tyroleandancer 24th May 12, 11:23 AM
    • 1,706 Posts
    • 29,834 Thanks
    tyroleandancer
    I did mine Saturday and haven't heard a thing!!! I emailed them again yesterday but still nothing. I'll have to ring them.
    • scotty1971
    • By scotty1971 2nd Jun 12, 10:39 AM
    • 1,694 Posts
    • 443 Thanks
    scotty1971
    looking to book parking at edinburgh airport for the 28/0712 dropping of at 2pm and picking the car back up at 1am on the 5/08/12.

do people know who give the best deals or where to get promo codes for edinburgh.

cheers

scott
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,156Posts Today

7,770Users online

Martin's Twitter