Great Cheap Airport Parking Hunt merged threads

Options

Comments

• halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    Travelodge (gatwick) you don't have to book a room - you can pay for parking - very cheap and get a transfer - see details on their website - if you do want to book a room do it at least 6 days in advance and it will be £25. Hope that helps.
  • Joannekerry
    Options
    To go along with my nice cheap HK flights and hotel I need parking for Heathrow.  Ive checked out https://www.holidayextras.co.uk and that comes out at £48, any alternative sites for 6 nights parking?
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I park on-street every time - local bus for £1.10 each way which runs 24/7/365 and takes about 10 minutes.

PM me if you want to know where!
  • Leylauk
    Leylauk Posts: 602 Forumite
    Options
    I have found that often a night in an airport hotel + parking can be very good value and much less stressful than whizzing to the airport at the last minute. You leave your car in the hotel car park for the duration of your trip and they provide transport to the airport.

I am going to look into the ones near Heathrow for my Hong Kong trip but I have not checked out the prices yet though as I am waiting for my Tesco clubcard deal vouchers to come through and see if I have enough to pay for it with!!!! ;D

(p.s. only have enough clubcard points cos I signed up for the life insurance and got 4500 free!!! for 2x months premiums = £10!!!) ;)
    Total for 2009: L'Oreal Lip Duo, Diary, Motability Guide
    Thanks to everyone who post comps - you are all :cool2:
  • dougk_2
    dougk_2 Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    If you are near to a point where national express coaches go from - forget the car and take the coach - its a lot less hassle and you don't need to drive after a long flight! Fares are relatively cheap too (especially when you take into account the cost of petrol!)
    You get dropped near to the terminal building as well as a bonus!
  • BlueVinney
    Options
    Another saving.

Thanks to Comrade Ken if you stay at a hotel on the Heathrow perimeter you don't even need to pay for the Hoppa bus between hotel and terminal. All LT buses which pass the hotels in (eg) the Bath Road are free to and from the Heathrow Central Bus Station.

That saves £3 per journey for each member of your party and they are much more frequent than the Hoppa buses.

You can get details and on-line route maps from the Transport for London web site.
    Nice to save.
  • Fatboy_NSS
    Options
    We stayed at https://www.springwoodguesthouse.co.uk in the summer, as previously recommended on MSE forums. They do £55 a night for a double room plus £2.50 a day parking, which would be £83.25 for 2 weeks (including 10% web booking discount). There's plenty of other guest houses listed on google as well which might be cheaper.

Edit: Why am I replying to a topic from July? Must leave the computer...
  • bargainhuntersupre
    Options
    The onsite car park is only £5 per day and by the looks of things was the only one anywhere near.
    Must say its very speedy in check in there
    Always on the hunt for a bargain!!!!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Try this web-site . They will be able to give you independent advice . Their search engine covers all the companies that do parking at Stansted :-

http://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • 3tree
    3tree Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks - very useful site
    Cheapest is Pink elephant at £43.40 for 8 days - can anyone beat that?

Does anyone know of B&B's/hotels offering parking at better rates?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure