Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search

Results: Was this tip useful to you?

Yes

83.33% • 5 votes

No

16.67% • 1 votes

You may not vote on this poll

6 votes in total.

Page 2
    • jaspal
    • By jaspal 10th Aug 04, 7:38 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    jaspal
    Re: Cheap parking at Gatwick
    hi all,

thanks for your suggestions. Very much apreciated.
    I booked through www.superbreaks.com in the end.

95 for one night stay in a 4* Hotel with loads of facilities and free transfers.

OK, i know its 95 but it is good value i think

Cheers

P
  • halloweenqueen
    Travelodge (gatwick) you don't have to book a room - you can pay for parking - very cheap and get a transfer - see details on their website - if you do want to book a room do it at least 6 days in advance and it will be 25. Hope that helps.
  • Joannekerry
    Parking at Heathrow
    To go along with my nice cheap HK flights and hotel I need parking for Heathrow. !Ive checked out www.holidayextras.co.uk and that comes out at 48, any alternative sites for 6 nights parking?
    • MarkyMarkD
    • By MarkyMarkD 10th Dec 04, 1:40 AM
    • 9,795 Posts
    • 4,216 Thanks
    MarkyMarkD
    I park on-street every time - local bus for 1.10 each way which runs 24/7/365 and takes about 10 minutes.

PM me if you want to know where!
  • Leylauk
    Re: Parking at Heathrow
    I have found that often a night in an airport hotel + parking can be very good value and much less stressful than whizzing to the airport at the last minute. You leave your car in the hotel car park for the duration of your trip and they provide transport to the airport.

I am going to look into the ones near Heathrow for my Hong Kong trip but I have not checked out the prices yet though as I am waiting for my Tesco clubcard deal vouchers to come through and see if I have enough to pay for it with!!!! ;D

(p.s. only have enough clubcard points cos I signed up for the life insurance and got 4500 free!!! for 2x months premiums = 10!!!)
  • dougk
    If you are near to a point where national express coaches go from - forget the car and take the coach - its a lot less hassle and you don't need to drive after a long flight! Fares are relatively cheap too (especially when you take into account the cost of petrol!)
    You get dropped near to the terminal building as well as a bonus!
    • BlueVinney
    • By BlueVinney 10th Dec 04, 10:38 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    BlueVinney
    Another saving.

Thanks to Comrade Ken if you stay at a hotel on the Heathrow perimeter you don't even need to pay for the Hoppa bus between hotel and terminal. All LT buses which pass the hotels in (eg) the Bath Road are free to and from the Heathrow Central Bus Station.

That saves 3 per journey for each member of your party and they are much more frequent than the Hoppa buses.

You can get details and on-line route maps from the Transport for London web site.

• Fatboy_NSS
    We stayed at www.springwoodguesthouse.co.uk in the summer, as previously recommended on MSE forums. They do 55 a night for a double room plus 2.50 a day parking, which would be 83.25 for 2 weeks (including 10% web booking discount). There's plenty of other guest houses listed on google as well which might be cheaper.

Edit: Why am I replying to a topic from July? Must leave the computer...
  • bargainhuntersupre
    Re: Car Parking at Kent Airport
    The onsite car park is only 5 per day and by the looks of things was the only one anywhere near.
    Must say its very speedy in check in there
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 20th Dec 04, 10:28 PM
    • 9,032 Posts
    • 13,987 Thanks
    trisontana
    Re: Parking at Stansted
    Try this web-site . They will be able to give you independent advice . Their search engine covers all the companies that do parking at Stansted :-

http://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/
  • 3tree
    Thanks - very useful site
    Cheapest is Pink elephant at 43.40 for 8 days - can anyone beat that?

Does anyone know of B&B's/hotels offering parking at better rates?
  • Addy
    I've posted this before but it seems to have been lost together with a whole load of other posts that have gone missing between August and December ???

We park our car with a very nice man who runs a secure car parking facility in a locked area next to his house, about 5-6 mins away from the terminal. He charges 5 a day and included in that is transfers both ways any time day or night. Many other M.S.Eers have used his services and made excellent comments too (unfortunately lost in the great thread theft :'( )

I have no connection (other than being a grateful customer) with the man, but for his privacy and security I wouldn't put his details on public view but am more than happy to provide them to people via PM - just drop me a PM and I'll reply as soon as I can.
  • smmz1972
    When ever I have flown from Stansted I have used a car park called Broxted Park. Very cheap (18ish for about 3 days). They are about 5 mins drive away from the airport but give you a lift to the airport and from it on your return. It is available 24 hours a day. There contact is 07814 752583 and if you phone them directly you should get it 50p a day cheaper.
    Hope this helps.
    smmz
    • bylromarha
    • By bylromarha 24th Dec 04, 10:17 PM
    • 9,961 Posts
    • 13,249 Thanks
    bylromarha
    When flying from stansted last year, the taxi driver (we had a local friend who let us use his drive for our car!) told us a cheap way to park was to become a member of Bishop Stortford football club...they offer secure parking + minibus service to the airport 24/7.

You'll need to investigate further, but hope it points you in a cheap direction!
  • 3tree
    Bishop Stortford football club parking works out at 6.50 per day with min 4 days parking.

Not really a cheap option in comparison to some of the others BUT it is an alternative.
  • nt639
    I remember seeing a post about parking at stansted mountfitchet railway station car park which was about 1.50 a day then taking the train to the airport ,1 stop about 3 mins on train. You will obviously have to investigate further.

regards,

Nigel
  • Lorraine_Turner
    Hi folks

I went to Spain for a fortnight last month and parked with the guy that Addy's recommending. The service was absolutely excellent. He keeps your car safely out of public reach while you are away, takes you to the terminal, and picks you up from the airport when you land. He even gave us a bottle of chilled mineral water each when we landed because he thought we might be thirsty after the flight. He charges 5 a day (much cheaper than the airport car parks), and it's well worth it for the convenience and peace of mind. If you e-mail Addy, she'll let you have his contact details. Good luck.

• evesham1988la
    I always use Stansted Moutfitchet Railway Station, as it is much much quicker to get to the Stansted Terminal. Twenty Minutes from M11 junction, park car in street, board the train and your there - taking only 20 minutes.

This compares with about 40 minutes using Pink Elephant, beats waiting in the cold for a packed bendy bus to come and pick you up - and besides it is cheaper as well.

It is even better coming back - once it only took 10 minutes before I left arrivals until I was on the M40. Normally, it is a nightmare with Pink Elephant coming back - Queuing for bus with luggage and then driving round the car park for ages waiting for the correct zone to be called... and then queuing for the exit.

I would use the train as it is so much easier and practical....and surprisingly they are always on time. It is easy if you do your planning and arrive 5 minutes before the train leaves, which is every 30 minutes direct - not via Bishops Stortford.
  • p3gg
    Oldish discount code from Quackers here, I used it for Stansted (Bishops Stortford FC --- fine), don't know if it still works.

http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Voucher;action=display;num=10999275 37;start=2#2
  • Dusty_Bin
    Re: Gatwick Car Parking
    I parked in the long term car park at Gatwick over the new year from 30th dec - 3rd Jan for 30 which was a lot cheaper than getting taxis or trains (for 4) each way. It was all done on line and the entry to the car park was done by number plate recognition. They also have a regular free bus service to take you on the short trip to and from the terminal.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,424Posts Today

6,218Users online

Martin's Twitter