Halifax mortgage listed building

Hi All,

First time buyer here so please be gentle.

I’m based in Scotland and had an offer accepted on a flat which is within a Grade A listed building (English equivalent is Grade 1)

I applied via Halifax directly and received a mortgage promise/AIP and then completed the full application and have subsequently received my full mortgage offer in the post.

As the property is in Scotland, Halifax were able to transcribe the home report as provided by the seller instead of instructing there own valuation to take place. The home report in question makes explicit reference to the building being listed and Halifax have taken the exact valuation from this report.

This morning I received an email from my solicitor confirming they had received a copy of the offer and stating that they had an obligation to clarify with Halifax that they were aware of the listed status of the property as it is not explicitly mentioned in the offer that the building is known as being listed.

Do I have anything to be worried about, I’ve triple checked the home report valuation section which says:
“ The subjects comprise a fourth floor flat contained within an 'A' Listed seven storey and basement former post office building.”

Presumably Halifax would have scrutinised this report and will already have picked up on this ?

Cheers
Ross

Comments

• latiti
    latiti Posts: 7 Forumite
    Hi Ross,

I trust it is not likely that there would be a problem if you got your offer already because usually, like you said, by then the home report has been done and if the surveyor has concerns when doing a retype they would note it to the lender for their attention. They usually comment if it is suitable for lending :)

I would not be concerned

:)
    some people help you carrying your stone over the mountain, life is good!!! :j
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ross1994 wrote: »
    stating that they had an obligation to clarify with Halifax that they were aware of the listed status of the property as it is not explicitly mentioned in the offer that the building is known as being listed.
    I don't think they do, really - nothing about it in the CML Handbook (which is the standard set of solicitor instructions most lenders work to). I wouldn't worry about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure