Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PGS
    • By PGS 29th Jun 19, 10:22 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PGS
    Vodafone dispute with MSE
    • 29th Jun 19, 10:22 AM
    Vodafone dispute with MSE 29th Jun 19 at 10:22 AM
    I have just spoken to Vodafone to query a point before taking out broadband with them, they told me they are in dispute with MSE as the price advertised on the site is wrong and my online order would probably be cancelled. They wanted me to join through them, pay 2 a month more and not receive the 100 gift card. This all seemed strange because the MSE link took me to Vodafone and the price was as advertised. Has anyone sucessfully joined via the MSE link recently.
Page 1
    • DevonFella
    • By DevonFella 1st Jul 19, 11:57 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DevonFella
    • 1st Jul 19, 11:57 AM
    • 1st Jul 19, 11:57 AM
    I have joined, but an earlier promotion going live mid May. Switched from BT. If you haven't yet switched to Vodaphone be very careful as while the speed is good, WiFi transmission through our house is appalling! I can be sat within 6 feet of the router streaming a radio station and it will stop to buffer. BT was miles better with WiFi although twice the price.
    • almillar
    • By almillar 1st Jul 19, 12:56 PM
    • 8,162 Posts
    • 3,369 Thanks
    almillar
    • 1st Jul 19, 12:56 PM
    • 1st Jul 19, 12:56 PM
    WiFi transmission through our house is appalling!
    This might be fixed multiple ways - find out what channel your BT Router was using, and change your Vodafone router to use that. Or maybe go back to using your BT router.
    • Boxman
    • By Boxman 6th Jul 19, 5:13 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Boxman
    • 6th Jul 19, 5:13 PM
    • 6th Jul 19, 5:13 PM
    If it helps I've been with Vodafone for a few months now using their router. I recently converted a bedroom to an office and initially didn't get a strong wifi signal and download speeds of around 3 mbps on my desktop (built in card). I found by merely turning the router through 90 deg the speed immediately went up to 20 or so. I then fixed an spare Netgear dongle to the pc and now get 5 bars and consistent speeds of 37 despite the signal having to go through two walls.

Using a wifi analyser app I can see seven different routers, with the selector set to automatic the pc nearly always connects on channel 1.

Signal strength seems fine throughout the house and I don't get any buffering when streaming to my smart 4k TV.
    Last edited by Boxman; 06-07-2019 at 5:18 PM.
    • mnbvcxz
    • By mnbvcxz 6th Jul 19, 9:00 PM
    • 251 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    mnbvcxz
    • 6th Jul 19, 9:00 PM
    • 6th Jul 19, 9:00 PM
    YES, I signed up for that deal. Contacted them today to check it was proceeding OK as hadn't heard anything. After about an hour and three people they suddenly discovered my order had been cancelled but they would like to sign me up over the phone again, denied 100 voucher was anything to do with them, no explanation.

Deeply annoying. I know people say Vodafone are terrible but you always think it won't happen to you.

I'm not sure what I do now. My EE contract is ending in a few days and the price going up, I thought I had it all organised.
    Last edited by mnbvcxz; 06-07-2019 at 9:11 PM.
    • mnbvcxz
    • By mnbvcxz 9th Jul 19, 2:57 PM
    • 251 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    mnbvcxz
    • 9th Jul 19, 2:57 PM
    • 9th Jul 19, 2:57 PM
    Hmm Vodafone are now claiming that I signed up via an affiliate link so it is a "third party transaction". Never mind that it was a vodafone.com website that took my details, credit checked me and gave me a vodafone order number.

I have tried emailing the awin voucher site and the moneysavingxperts help address in case it shakes anything loose.

Not sure I want to win this mind, the more I try and chase it the crazier it all sounds. maybe I should just look elsewhere, cut my losses and accept I will never know what was going on.
    • mnbvcxz
    • By mnbvcxz 11th Jul 19, 10:38 PM
    • 251 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    mnbvcxz
    • 11th Jul 19, 10:38 PM
    • 11th Jul 19, 10:38 PM
    Well moneysaving expert website replied but just said thankyou for letting us know of your experience. And why didn't I check out their other offers on their cheap broadband page?

So there is it is. Who knows.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 11th Jul 19, 10:51 PM
    • 39,569 Posts
    • 163,718 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 11th Jul 19, 10:51 PM
    • 11th Jul 19, 10:51 PM
    I have raised this with the Forum Team, they will look into it.
    Last edited by silvercar; 11-07-2019 at 10:58 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
    • divadee
    • By divadee 13th Jul 19, 7:23 PM
    • 10,457 Posts
    • 17,895 Thanks
    divadee
    • 13th Jul 19, 7:23 PM
    • 13th Jul 19, 7:23 PM
    Hhmmmmmm I have just seen this thread. We signed up with the 100 offer. 3 days later we got a phone call to say the website had played up and they needed to confirm everything again. We did this but now I am very suspicious that they did this to stop us getting the 100.

We haven't got any email yet on how to claim the 100 either.
    • gwwishy
    • By gwwishy 16th Jul 19, 2:33 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gwwishy
    Hi Avoid Vodafone like the plague. Doesn't matter how cheap the offer is, their customer support and attitude is absolutely shocking. My activate date (moved from Sky) was 28th June. This didn't happen, and was rescheduled to 1st July. On 2nd July the line failed, and as of today (16th July), they've still not fixed it, despite numerous calls and a formal complaint. Which? have given me wording for a formal complaint letter - I wish I'd never left Sky.
    • therealgiblet
    • By therealgiblet 17th Jul 19, 2:23 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    therealgiblet
    DO NOT JOIN VODAFONE!!!

Their broadband equipment in the Exchanges is so over utilised that you will experience severe throttling, latency and low speeds (irrespective of your sync speed).

Look here if you want to validate this yourself:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/bd-p/Speed

I joined for 3 days before leaving the service. Worst Fibre broadband I've 'EVER' had...

The mainstream press should of picked up on this but somehow haven't. I don't know how Vodafone are getting away with it.

TheRegister picked up on it in March - but the issues are still happening....

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/03/01/vodafone_video_streaming_slowness_line_cards/

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    Last edited by therealgiblet; 17-07-2019 at 2:28 PM.
    • Dromartin
    • By Dromartin 2nd Oct 19, 4:14 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dromartin
    Vodafone Amazon Gift Card offer - is this a SCAM?
    I also applied through MSE for the Vodafone Broadband with the 100 Amazon gift card. Having waited the 120 days and contacted Vodafone who say they can not help directly I have emailed
    uk-vodafonevouchers@awin.com and had no response after more than 2 weeks. My Vodafone contract is now costing more than promised as I do. to have the voucher and Vodafone will not help.
    • mnbvcxz
    • By mnbvcxz 2nd Oct 19, 4:55 PM
    • 251 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    mnbvcxz
    Oh dear, I see mse are advertising the same promotion again now, this time through broadband genie!!

When I tried at the end of june (order was recreated and then canceled by them so never happened) you put in your email to the voucher site before ordering and they said to contact support@wegift.io if you had any problems. They then sent an email included a link to a tracking page that said it would say when I actually signed up to vodafone and became eligible for the voucher.

Did you put in your email and get the first email with the details?

Did you get a second email after you signed up confirming it?

Perhaps you signed up via a different offer with a different system but thats what it showed for me.

Otherwise I would consider it fair and reasonable for consumers to hold Vodafone responsible for its paid promoters whether they are third party or directly employed by Vodafone.

I see from this thread that some people who kicked up a fuss did get a credit to their account eventually.

Going to their complaints page and using the complaints telephone number seems key, and persevering.

If you get nowhere I would suggest going to the ombudsman on the complaints page and asking for 100 credit as compensation.

After that I guess it's just threatening them with the small claims court.

Best of luck.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,517Posts Today

8,502Users online

Martin's Twitter