Pelvin rejected

Options
Hello,

I have had my PPI/Pelvin complaint raised via the Resolver tool rejected by Nationwide as they stated the policies are outside the scope of the FCAs rules and guidance for non-disclosure of PPI commission, therefore they cannot agree that compensation is due.

They don't state why specifically it's outside the rules and guidance.
My last mortgage I ran for around 2006-2015 ish.

Should I now proceed via the Financial Ombudsman?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    mojo_jojo wrote: »

I have had my PPI/Pelvin complaint raised via the Resolver tool rejected
    Mortgage PPI rarely reaches the 50% commission that triggers a Plevin refund. Your mortgage is also very recent which means there will still be full and comprehensive records of the finance.

On what basis would you refer to the Ombudsman? Mortgage PPI is a useful insurance which is still retailed today.
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 September 2019 at 4:07PM
    Options
    My last mortgage I ran for around 2006-2015 ish.

Plevin is a Consumer credit act issue. So, the debt has to fall under the consumer credit act. Mortgages used to be under MCOB and not the CCA. MCOB mortgages do not qualify for Plevin.

Also, as mentioned above, most MPPI falls below the 50% tipping point. Its only if the commission is above 50% that it falls within Plevin.

Also, Nationwide used to give the first year premium free of charge and the invite you to continue the policy or not after that. There was nil commission on the free period. Did you continue the premium after the free period?
    Should I now proceed via the Financial Ombudsman?

Nothing you have said suggests you have any valid reason for doing that. The rules on Plevin are defined by the FCA and its not a grey area.
  • mojo_jojo
    Options
    Ah ok, didn't realise that. Thanks for the advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure