Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wildsound
    • By Wildsound 22nd Sep 18, 5:58 PM
    • 326Posts
    • 269Thanks
    Wildsound
    Lloyds Choice Rewards - certain retailers vouchers taken away
    • 22nd Sep 18, 5:58 PM
    Lloyds Choice Rewards - certain retailers vouchers taken away 22nd Sep 18 at 5:58 PM
    I logged into my Lloyds Bank Choice Rewards points account and it appears a lot of the vouchers have gone (most notably Amazon vouchers).

The only ones left of note are Argos, Debenhams and Currys. The rest have gone.

Anyone know if this is a permanent change or a temporary glitch? I think in the last 3 years I've had this card, I must have racked up about £400 worth of Amazon vouchers (handy for Christmas)
Page 2
    • juggsy
    • By juggsy 28th Feb 19, 7:52 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    juggsy
    Finally had a helpful response from Lloyd’s. Essentially Amazon withdrew the scheme allowing organisations to offer Amazon vouchers as a reward. Lloyd’s are trying to negotiate a direct agreement to supply voucher rewards from Amazon, although as this is under negotiation there isn’t a timeframe on if and when this will be successful. However they recognised the confusion and ambiguity this is causing customers, particularly as they still show Amazon (and others) as rewards partners, so this will be fed up the chain.

They also confirmed the withdrawal of Amex across Lloyd’s credit cards, and those of us with them will receive letters over the coming months on the plan to move to MasterCard only.
    • nick74
    • By nick74 15th Mar 19, 8:14 AM
    • 364 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    nick74
    For the past week or so I can no longer view my rewards points.
    When I click on 'Your Choice Points' it brings up an error page:

There's a problem...
    75001 : Sorry, we’ve had to end this session because of a temporary problem with our system. Please try again later.
    Is anyone else with a Choice Rewards card getting the same error? I've tried different browsers on different PCs and get the same message on them all. I suppose I could phone Lloyds and ask them but I usually only do that as a last resort!
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 15th Mar 19, 1:15 PM
    • 2,502 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    20aday
    I've just logged in myself using the latest version of Chrome for Windows 10 and I've had the same error message.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • aleph_0
    • By aleph_0 8th May 19, 11:11 PM
    • 523 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    aleph_0
    Amazon Gift Cards are back
    Amazon gift cards are back, link:
    https://choicerewards.lloydsbank.com/SpendPoints/ProductDetails.aspx?catUrn=11&itemUrn=255

If this doesn't work, you can search for them under Free Time not Shopping
    • nick74
    • By nick74 9th May 19, 6:57 AM
    • 364 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    nick74
    Amazon gift cards are back, link:
    https://choicerewards.lloydsbank.com/SpendPoints/ProductDetails.aspx?catUrn=11&itemUrn=255

If this doesn't work, you can search for them under Free Time not Shopping
    Originally posted by aleph_0
    Thank you. It's annoying that they appear to have hidden them in 'Free time' though as they always used to show under 'Shopping'. I looked the other day, didn't see any in the shopping category so gave up and used my points for cashback.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 8th Aug 19, 5:17 PM
    • 2,502 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    20aday
    Just a heads up: I’ve had a letter today and my Choice Rewards Duo is being axed within the next month.

Am being given a Platinum MasterCard with 0.5% cash back for the 60 months and I think it’s two months to redeem any existing points for vouchers otherwise it’s going to be turned into cash back on my statements.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • nick74
    • By nick74 8th Aug 19, 5:19 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    nick74
    Just a heads up: Iíve had a letter today and my Choice Rewards Duo is being axed within the next month.

Am being given a Platinum MasterCard with 0.5% cash back for the 60 months and I think itís two months to redeem any existing points for vouchers otherwise itís going to be turned into cash back on my statements.
    Originally posted by 20aday
    Yes, I've had the same letter. I'm quite happy with 0.5% cashback. I'd certainly rather have that than the Avios card I had expected we'd be getting as a replacement.
    • Wildsound
    • By Wildsound 8th Aug 19, 6:21 PM
    • 326 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    Wildsound
    Had the same letter - it looks like a decent transition to be honest where we're not getting shafted with regards existing points/fees.

1) Basically any annual fee you have paid in the last 12 months will be refunded pro-rata. So if you paid the fee 6 months before they switch you over, you will get half of it back.
    2) You will be notified of your final point balance within 14 days of the account changing.
    3) You have 2 months after the account changing to redeem the points.
    4) Any unused points will be given as cashback, ROUNDED UP to the nearest 10,000 points (where 10,000 points = £10).

The last point is a big deal - For example, if you had say 8000 points after the 14 days:

a) Do nothing, your points are effectively rounded up to 10,000 and you will receive £10 cashback at the end of the 2 months.
    b) If you spend 6650 points for a £10 voucher, then you will be left with 1350 points. At the end of the 2 months, your points are rounded up to 10,000 and you will also receive £10 cashback (effective total of £20)

Basically, monitor your points closely up until you have your final point balance. Work out whether you can squeeze a voucher out but keep yourself within the same rounding up band.
    • Nicholas
    • By Nicholas 8th Aug 19, 6:26 PM
    • 622 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    Nicholas
    They're all chipping away. Makes you wonder how long it will be before they start on the benefits for Club Lloyds.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 9th Aug 19, 1:18 AM
    • 2,502 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    20aday
    They're all chipping away. Makes you wonder how long it will be before they start on the benefits for Club Lloyds.
    Originally posted by Nicholas
    Well one of the 'benefits' of Club Lloyds was a refund for £12 for holding the Choice Rewards card so Lloyds won't have to pay that out anymore.
    • nick74
    • By nick74 12th Sep 19, 8:16 AM
    • 364 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    nick74
    I notice this morning that the Choice Rewards account has disappeared from my Lloyds online banking, to be replaced by a Platinum Mastercard. They've refunded £2 of the Choice annual fee, but I haven't actually received a new card yet.
    • kostasls
    • By kostasls 12th Sep 19, 1:00 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kostasls
    Same here, this morning my Choice Rewards account was replaced by a Platinum Mastercard.

No new card arrived, I cannot access my previous statement which was produced only a couple of days ago and I cannot login to Rewards website to see past points and spend them!

Update: I can now see the old statements. I will call Loyds for the reward points.
    Last edited by kostasls; 13-09-2019 at 4:22 PM. Reason: Update
    • nick74
    • By nick74 13th Sep 19, 8:09 AM
    • 364 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    nick74
    Same here, this morning my Choice Rewards account was replaced by a Platinum Mastercard.

No need card arrived, I cannot access my previous statement which was produced only a couple of days ago and I cannot login to Rewards website to see past points and spend them!
    Originally posted by kostasls
    If I click on the 'PDF Statements' tab I can still view all of my Choice Rewards statements back to January 2016.

Lloyds did say that although the Choice Rewards webpages would close it would still be possible to claim any remaining reward points after that by phoning them.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 16th Sep 19, 3:38 PM
    • 2,502 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    20aday
    My next statement is due on/around the 26th of this month but as of this morning it’s still showing my Choice Rewards account.

Letter from them was dated 6th August so assuming it will change within the next couple of weeks.
    • 2e0arr
    • By 2e0arr 16th Sep 19, 4:34 PM
    • 582 Posts
    • 327 Thanks
    2e0arr
    Well, Aqua Reward gives 0.5% cash back if I'm not mistaken.
    Originally posted by radoslaff

John Lewis card gives vouchers to you for 0.5% on non john lewis / waitrose purchases and 1% on john lewis / waitrose purchases.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 20th Sep 19, 2:17 PM
    • 2,502 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    20aday
    Update on my own “conversion”: instead of changing me to a Platinum MasterCard instead they are closing the account within two months’ from the date of the letter because of the way I use my account.

Not a problem as I have cards elsewhere but will be glad when it’s paid off.
    • radoslaff
    • By radoslaff 23rd Sep 19, 10:52 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    radoslaff
    Looks like Natwest Reward CC gives 1% cash back on supermarket spend and 0.5% on anything else which is effectively more than the 0.5% the new Lloyds Platinum Mastercard offers. It also offers no foreign transaction fees. I'm just wondering why is this card not included in the Best Card section of MSE.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
    • nick74
    • By nick74 23rd Sep 19, 1:22 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    nick74
    Looks like Natwest Reward CC gives 1% cash back on supermarket spend and 0.5% on anything else which is effectively more than the 0.5% the new Lloyds Platinum Mastercard offers. It also offers no foreign transaction fees. I'm just wondering why is this card not included in the Best Card section of MSE.
    Originally posted by radoslaff
    The Natwest card does have a £24 annual fee (unless you have a reward current account), whereas Lloyds fee is zero, so you would need to spend £4800 pa in supermarkets with the Natwest card to break even on the extra 0.5% cashback.
    • radoslaff
    • By radoslaff 24th Sep 19, 8:31 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    radoslaff
    The Natwest card does have a £24 annual fee (unless you have a reward current account), whereas Lloyds fee is zero, so you would need to spend £4800 pa in supermarkets with the Natwest card to break even on the extra 0.5% cashback.
    Originally posted by nick74

This is a very good point. I hadn't seen it from this perspective. Maybe because I have the reward current account anyway, which practically pays for itself with all the utilities and phone bills.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
    • mjfp509
    • By mjfp509 27th Sep 19, 9:26 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    mjfp509
    So how do you claim the reward points that were owing? Can't do it online anymore as its changed to a platinum mastercard?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,803Posts Today

5,323Users online

Martin's Twitter