Superdrug not emailing re Fathers Day

General_Grant
General_Grant Posts: 4,827 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
A while ago Superdrug emailed saying that they know Fathers Day can be a sensitive time for some people and asking whether I would like to opt out of receiving Fathers Day related emails. I opted out. The online screen confirmed this.

Today I receive an email from Superdrug saying it's 22 days to Fathers Day with various suggestions for items to purchase.

Why did they bother to ask?

They did the same thing for Mothers Day - asked, I opted out, and they still sent emails.

Somehow it is worse having given the option than if they had never asked permission in the first place.

ETA: Sorry if this is in the wrong board but it allowed me to express some frustration. And I wondered whether others had had the same experience.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Why did they bother to ask?
    I imagine because they expected the email campaign manager to exclude the 'do not mail' customers and not forget.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Somehow I think you must have slipped thro' the net because I also opted out and did not receive the mailings.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure