Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wildsound
    • By Wildsound 22nd Sep 18, 5:58 PM
    • 326Posts
    • 269Thanks
    Wildsound
    Lloyds Choice Rewards - certain retailers vouchers taken away
    • 22nd Sep 18, 5:58 PM
    Lloyds Choice Rewards - certain retailers vouchers taken away 22nd Sep 18 at 5:58 PM
    I logged into my Lloyds Bank Choice Rewards points account and it appears a lot of the vouchers have gone (most notably Amazon vouchers).

The only ones left of note are Argos, Debenhams and Currys. The rest have gone.

Anyone know if this is a permanent change or a temporary glitch? I think in the last 3 years I've had this card, I must have racked up about £400 worth of Amazon vouchers (handy for Christmas)
Page 1
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 22nd Sep 18, 8:26 PM
    • 1,741 Posts
    • 1,234 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 22nd Sep 18, 8:26 PM
    • 22nd Sep 18, 8:26 PM
    The card is being discontinued so likely to be permanent.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 23rd Sep 18, 5:25 PM
    • 2,502 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    20aday
    • 23rd Sep 18, 5:25 PM
    • 23rd Sep 18, 5:25 PM
    Must admit I’m wondering when Lloyds Bank will pull the plug on existing customers and transfer us to a standard MasterCard.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 23rd Sep 18, 5:31 PM
    • 1,741 Posts
    • 1,234 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 23rd Sep 18, 5:31 PM
    • 23rd Sep 18, 5:31 PM
    Must admit Iím wondering when Lloyds Bank will pull the plug on existing customers and transfer us to a standard MasterCard.
    Originally posted by 20aday
    It's already been announced, all customers of the Avios and Choice cards will be transferred to the new Lloyds Avios card (which is rubbish).

Some info here:
    https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/08/11/lloyds-choice-rewards-card-closing-turned-into-avios-rewards/
    • Wildsound
    • By Wildsound 23rd Sep 18, 6:19 PM
    • 326 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    Wildsound
    • 23rd Sep 18, 6:19 PM
    • 23rd Sep 18, 6:19 PM
    Interesting, I have not had any letter yet from Lloyds informing me of this. Has anyone else received a letter yet?
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 24th Sep 18, 10:07 AM
    • 2,502 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    20aday
    • 24th Sep 18, 10:07 AM
    • 24th Sep 18, 10:07 AM
    My bad, I never saw that previously.

As above I’ve had no letter from Lloyds and the link on the Head for Points site leads to a “Page not Found”...
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • Kernowils
    • By Kernowils 25th Oct 18, 1:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kernowils
    • 25th Oct 18, 1:05 PM
    • 25th Oct 18, 1:05 PM
    I phoned the rewards guys a couple of weeks ago on this.

Apparently, they are expecting to get the Amazon Vouchers back in, but there's no current expected date.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 25th Oct 18, 1:11 PM
    • 5,610 Posts
    • 9,217 Thanks
    Nick_C
    • 25th Oct 18, 1:11 PM
    • 25th Oct 18, 1:11 PM
    It's already been announced, all customers of the Avios and Choice cards will be transferred to the new Lloyds Avios card (which is rubbish).

Some info here:
    https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/08/11/lloyds-choice-rewards-card-closing-turned-into-avios-rewards/
    Originally posted by dj1471
    I disagree with the claim that the new card will be rubbish. 0.5 Avios per pound spent makes the card worth keeping. My best cashback card is Nationwide which gives 0.25% cash back - not worth having really. So effectively, I will be paying 0.5p for each Avios point I will earn when my Lloyds Avios card changes. Most people would buy Avios at that price.

Although I agree that the new card will be nowhere near as good as the current Lloyds Amex/MC Avios cards.
    • dqnet
    • By dqnet 18th Dec 18, 9:11 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    dqnet
    • 18th Dec 18, 9:11 PM
    • 18th Dec 18, 9:11 PM
    Just following up on this thread. I had a look today and still no Amazon vouchers. Only Debenhams, Curry's and Argos and I'm really worried the Amazon vouchers are not coming back.

Anyone have any new update on this?

Would it be safer to just cash in a few for Argos vouchers in case they go too?
    • radoslaff
    • By radoslaff 19th Dec 18, 10:22 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    radoslaff
    I disagree with the claim that the new card will be rubbish. 0.5 Avios per pound spent makes the card worth keeping. My best cashback card is Nationwide which gives 0.25% cash back - not worth having really. So effectively, I will be paying 0.5p for each Avios point I will earn when my Lloyds Avios card changes. Most people would buy Avios at that price.

Although I agree that the new card will be nowhere near as good as the current Lloyds Amex/MC Avios cards.
    Originally posted by Nick_C

Well, Aqua Reward gives 0.5% cash back if I'm not mistaken.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 19th Dec 18, 12:41 PM
    • 5,610 Posts
    • 9,217 Thanks
    Nick_C
    Well, Aqua Reward gives 0.5% cash back if I'm not mistaken.
    Originally posted by radoslaff
    True, but I only spend about £1k a year on Mastercard, so it's not worth taking out another credit card (I have 7 currently) just to gain £2.50 cash back.

I don't mind paying up to a penny a point for some of my avios, so for me the Lloyd's MC will continue to make sense.
    • dqnet
    • By dqnet 21st Dec 18, 12:25 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    dqnet
    Quick update on this; I called them today and there is absolutely no ETA on when the Amazon vouchers will be back in stock (if for that matter). Letters are being sent out in batches about the cards being cancelled and customers will be given one of two choices, either a card variation (avios) or account closure and you have would have to apply for a new CC. Regardless of the letter you receive you'll have 60+ days to continue to collect and spend points before the cards are discontinued.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 21st Dec 18, 1:59 PM
    • 26,182 Posts
    • 13,349 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    If the card is being discontinued then IMO there is zero chance of Amazon or anybody else coming back.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • dqnet
    • By dqnet 21st Dec 18, 2:45 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    dqnet
    agreed - oh well. Good while it lasted
    • juggsy
    • By juggsy 6th Feb 19, 8:10 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    juggsy
    This is so frustrating, the only reason I have the card(s) is for the Amazon voucher reward. I spoke to them today, apparently Amazon WILL be coming back, allegedly it's a supply issue and there is no timeframe for them coming back.

I find this so hard to believe though, how can Amazon be out of vouchers, unless the Christmas rush was higher than expected! Even so, why they can't use eVouchers (like Top Cashback) I'll never know, so much easier and more secure than sending a load of cards via the post!

They also told be Choice Rewards duo isn't being discontinued imminently, just the Avois duo cards. Again not sure how accurate this is but that's what I was told!
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 6th Feb 19, 11:54 PM
    • 2,502 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    20aday
    This is so frustrating, the only reason I have the card(s) is for the Amazon voucher reward. I spoke to them today, apparently Amazon WILL be coming back, allegedly it's a supply issue and there is no timeframe for them coming back.

I find this so hard to believe though, how can Amazon be out of vouchers, unless the Christmas rush was higher than expected! Even so, why they can't use eVouchers (like Top Cashback) I'll never know, so much easier and more secure than sending a load of cards via the post!

They also told be Choice Rewards duo isn't being discontinued imminently, just the Avois duo cards. Again not sure how accurate this is but that's what I was told!
    Originally posted by juggsy
    I can't remember if it was here on MSE, or elsewhere, but aren't AmEx slowly discontinuing their third party cards because they're not renewing the licenses?

Think the end date is either this year, or next, because of the Interchange Fee cap coming into effect on AmEx but I did find it strange they sent out a new card late last year (think it was to do with the Ticketmaster bread) as an AmEx, rather than a bog standard MasterCard.
    • juggsy
    • By juggsy 19th Feb 19, 4:35 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    juggsy
    I can't remember if it was here on MSE, or elsewhere, but aren't AmEx slowly discontinuing their third party cards because they're not renewing the licenses?

Think the end date is either this year, or next, because of the Interchange Fee cap coming into effect on AmEx but I did find it strange they sent out a new card late last year (think it was to do with the Ticketmaster bread) as an AmEx, rather than a bog standard MasterCard.
    Originally posted by 20aday
    When I spoke to them they said only Avios choice rewards cards are being discontinued (due to Avios going away), however I given we went back and forth for ages on what I was referring to I don't hold much hope for accuracy! They really are useless - after several months they should either say they are discontinuing or at least removing the benefit. Instead they're just trying to keep people in a holding pattern, bad practice.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 19th Feb 19, 6:05 PM
    • 5,610 Posts
    • 9,217 Thanks
    Nick_C
    Avios have not gone away, and an Avios Mastercard will continue for those people who currently have the Lloyd's Avios Amex/MC duo pack.
    • juggsy
    • By juggsy 20th Feb 19, 2:07 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    juggsy
    Avios have not gone away, and an Avios Mastercard will continue for those people who currently have the Lloyd's Avios Amex/MC duo pack.
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    Just shows you the level of inconsistency I'm getting from Lloyds, as this is what they told me.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 21st Feb 19, 12:04 PM
    • 2,502 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    20aday
    There definitely seems to be some lack of communication between the left and right hand at Lloyds Bank:

The bank added: "American Express is discontinuing its existing licensing arrangements in the UK. Customers who currently hold an American Express credit card with Lloyds Bank will see their product replaced by a Lloyds Bank MasterCard.

Source: Money Saving Expert, 9th August 2018: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2018/08/lloyds-to-make-changes-to-its-avios-rewards-credit-card---heres-what-you-need-to-know-if-youre-a-cardholder/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,154Posts Today

6,214Users online

Martin's Twitter