Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dbs
    • By dbs 21st Jun 08, 2:52 PM
    • 478Posts
    • 104Thanks
    dbs
    0 WOW
    Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.
    • 21st Jun 08, 2:52 PM
    0 WOW
    Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair. 21st Jun 08 at 2:52 PM
    I want to buy some cabin luggage to take on ryanair flights so the measurements need to be 55cm x 40cm x 20cm and be lightweight because of the 10kg allowance.

Also do Ryanair enforce these regulations or are they guidelines therefore do they check at check in.
Page 16
    • BargainGalore
    • By BargainGalore 5th Mar 15, 11:14 AM
    • 3,205 Posts
    • 2,800 Thanks
    BargainGalore
    BrighterXXXXX marked as
    • Antispam
    • By Antispam 5th Mar 15, 11:18 AM
    • 3,935 Posts
    • 3,466 Thanks
    Antispam
    Reported BrighterDirections for spamming
    • AirmedIreland
    • By AirmedIreland 1st Nov 15, 8:49 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    AirmedIreland
    Flying with Ryanair from Glasgow to back home in Ireland in December. Any recommendations for the cabin bag, and a suitcase decent enough for the 15kg? Never done this flying melarkey before so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    • melanzana
    • By melanzana 1st Nov 15, 9:00 PM
    • 3,565 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    melanzana
    From my experience since they allowed a second bag and have become all nice and friendly to everyone, the bag size is not a big issue anymore.

They sometimes mooch down the queue at the departure gate and will invite those with larger than average bags to volunteer to put them in the hold. That's fine by me.

I was travelling from Nice to Dublin on Friday last, and honest to god, the size of some of the bags/cases were enormous. To my mind they seem to have given up on bag sizes/putting them in the cage and weighing them, and instead, if the flight is full they will put some bags in the hold rather than charge for size or weight.

Happy days all round. Have travelled with Ryanair 7 times in the last year, and not once did I see any checks.

They are big into "customer relations" now, lol. Michael O'Leary had a road to Damascus revelation. Woo hoo.

Be interested in others experience lately.
    • AirmedIreland
    • By AirmedIreland 1st Nov 15, 9:48 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    AirmedIreland
    I'm wary of flying with them because of the bad press surrounding O'Leary. I've also had a run in with them already - they changed my return flight to a day earlier, which is annoying, but not much I could do. But as long as there is no checks, I'm grand!

Think I can take my laptop in its laptop bag as my second carry on? Would make life easier for me.
    • melanzana
    • By melanzana 1st Nov 15, 10:01 PM
    • 3,565 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    melanzana
    I'm wary of flying with them because of the bad press surrounding O'Leary. I've also had a run in with them already - they changed my return flight to a day earlier, which is annoying, but not much I could do. But as long as there is no checks, I'm grand!

Think I can take my laptop in its laptop bag as my second carry on? Would make life easier for me.
    Originally posted by AirmedIreland
    Ah you'll be grand. Although I have to confess that I have never flown from Glasgow, so I don't know what they are like there! But if my previous experiences are anything to go by, things HAVE changed. The French imo were always the worst, but now they are great. The word must have got through!

A small backpack, not too bulky with your laptop will be fine, judging by what I saw on Friday anyway!

The worst that will happen I think, is if your carry on case is on the big side, they will shove it in the hold.

Just keep your carry on at a reasonable size and I reckon you will be fine.

Have a great trip.

Maybe you would post again after you return and let us know how it went for you?
    • AirmedIreland
    • By AirmedIreland 1st Nov 15, 10:12 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    AirmedIreland
    Ah you'll be grand. Although I have to confess that I have never flown from Glasgow, so I don't know what they are like there! But if my previous experiences are anything to go by, things HAVE changed. The French imo were always the worst, but now they are great. The word must have got through!

A small backpack, not too bulky with your laptop will be fine, judging by what I saw on Friday anyway!

The worst that will happen I think, is if your carry on case is on the big side, they will shove it in the hold.

Just keep your carry on at a reasonable size and I reckon you will be fine.

Have a great trip.

Maybe you would post again after you return and let us know how it went for you?
    Originally posted by melanzana
    I have two laptop cases and one is thinner and less bulky than the other, so I will use that one. I'm really uptight when it comes to rules so I will definitely stay reasonable!

I'll post when I arrive in N.Ireland, and when I come back. Will be flying back and forth Scotland - N.Ireland for the next 3 years, so I will get some experience!
    • melanzana
    • By melanzana 1st Nov 15, 10:26 PM
    • 3,565 Posts
    • 9,054 Thanks
    melanzana
    I have two laptop cases and one is thinner and less bulky than the other, so I will use that one. I'm really uptight when it comes to rules so I will definitely stay reasonable!

I'll post when I arrive in N.Ireland, and when I come back. Will be flying back and forth Scotland - N.Ireland for the next 3 years, so I will get some experience!
    Originally posted by AirmedIreland
    You'll have them eating out of your hand. Be organised, do not annoy them and you will be fine.

On Friday's trip, a couple were in the seats in front of me. They had big bags. The flight attendant went to the bin above me where my little rollie bag was. She proceeded to remove it. I asked what was she doing here and where was she putting my bag, she said in the hold so the bigger bags could be accommodated in the overhead. AAAAGH.

Honest to god I had a conniption in my head. But outwardly I remained calm and smiled at the lady and asked why were the big bags not going in the hold instead of mine?

In fairness she smiled back and whispered about a language/translation issue. Huh. But she and her colleagues made sure my bag stayed in the overhead bin all the same. I had a train to catch and needed to be off that plane in Dublin PDQ. They were great I thought, but I needed to be a bit assertive just the same!

All was well in the end.
    Last edited by melanzana; 01-11-2015 at 10:29 PM.
    • AirmedIreland
    • By AirmedIreland 1st Nov 15, 10:35 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    AirmedIreland
    You'll have them eating out of your hand. Be organised, do not annoy them and you will be fine.

On Friday's trip, a couple were in the seats in front of me. They had big bags. The flight attendant went to the bin above me where my little rollie bag was. She proceeded to remove it. I asked what was she doing here and where was she putting my bag, she said in the hold so the bigger bags could be accommodated in the overhead. AAAAGH.

Honest to god I had a conniption in my head. But outwardly I remained calm and smiled at the lady and asked why were the big bags not going in the hold instead of mine?

In fairness she smiled back and whispered about a language/translation issue. Huh. But she and her colleagues made sure my bag stayed in the overhead bin all the same. I had a train to catch and needed to be off that plane in Dublin PDQ. They were great I thought, but I needed to be a bit assertive just the same!

All was well in the end.
    Originally posted by melanzana
    Ugh, sounds annoying! Hopefully I won't have the same problems, but if I do, I can afford to wait, since I'm getting picked up by my daddy at the airport. But yup, I won't annoy the Ryanair staff!
    • AirmedIreland
    • By AirmedIreland 19th Dec 15, 3:21 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    AirmedIreland
    Glasgow: it was all grand sailing. No checking of bags or anything. Simple as.
    • Tontontof
    • By Tontontof 6th Apr 17, 10:35 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Tontontof
    Not sure it's still of any help, might be worth it for people still looking around, that site lists various hand luggage that are suitable for Ryanair
    2016 in 2016: current total 6,306.47
    11.396 (15.00) free bottle of bubbly in hotel
    480 switching Electricity + Gas contract
    5,550.07 Affiliate marketing (as of 20th July).
    55 stuff on Gumtree
    210.79 flight delay compensation
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 6th Apr 17, 10:42 AM
    • 23,877 Posts
    • 64,279 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Not sure it's still of any help, might be worth it for people still looking around, that site lists various hand luggage that are suitable for Ryanair
    Originally posted by Tontontof
    I'd be wary of any website that says the cabin luggage they say is compliant with any airline unless I'd measured it myself with my own tape measure.

No issue with this particular website but I've measured enough cabin cases to know that the dimensions shown are not always accurate.
    • pd001
    • By pd001 6th Apr 17, 7:47 PM
    • 866 Posts
    • 239 Thanks
    pd001
    Did I read somewhere that the size of the case of carry on luggage is up for a reduction?
    I think its being discussed.
    • ManAtHome
    • By ManAtHome 6th Apr 17, 9:09 PM
    • 8,204 Posts
    • 5,328 Thanks
    ManAtHome
    Think they were harrumphing about the second bag.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,532Posts Today

8,425Users online

Martin's Twitter