Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 7th Aug 11, 11:45 AM
    • 30,205Posts
    • 47,074Thanks
    savvy
    0 WOW
    DO NOT POST ON THIS BOARD - until you have read this please!
    • 7th Aug 11, 11:45 AM
    0 WOW
    DO NOT POST ON THIS BOARD - until you have read this please! 7th Aug 11 at 11:45 AM
    This board is not for posts like;

"Best places to go on a Hen weekend?"

"Holidays with good pools?"

"Help me get a cheap holiday!"

"Where can I take the kids on holiday?"

"Best place to buy currency?"

"Can you beat this price?"

Nor things like offers on Grazeboxes, dishwasher tablets and craft products!!!!

This board is literally just for reporting (as the title says) Holiday Deals, Holiday Bargains and any Special Offers on holidays, only!

Sorry if you think this sounds stern but the board should be a list of deals, offers and bargains that is easy to scan down for anything of interest, getting cluttered up with questions that should be asked on the relevant planning your holiday boards (either Overseas or UK) is very frustrating for people to try and wade through (see previous threads here and here) and a complete and utter pain in the !!! to sift through the threads and move all the irrelevant ones and explain to people why it's moved when they complain their thread has suddenly gone!

SO please adhere to the format of this board so that we don't lose this facility, and make it easier to find the bargains we all crave for so we can get on and have a fab holiday

TIA
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones

Page 1
  • Incapuppy
    • 7th Aug 11, 12:02 PM
    • 7th Aug 11, 12:02 PM
    WTG Savvy!

I was feeling a little grumpy when I got up this morning and was soooo tempted to start a new thread along the lines of:

Which part of 'this board is only for reporting deals and offers' is so difficult to understand?

Luckily you've jumped in and saved me from posting so it's only you and I that will know what a miserable grump I am!

Yes, thats right, just me and you - you didn't think anyone else was actually going to read this did you??
    • savvy
    • By savvy 7th Aug 11, 3:54 PM
    • 30,205 Posts
    • 47,074 Thanks
    savvy
    • 7th Aug 11, 3:54 PM
    • 7th Aug 11, 3:54 PM
    LOL well I can live in hope that there will be many that get to read how gumpy you were this morning

I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones

• bcl999
    • 8th Aug 11, 10:40 AM
    • 8th Aug 11, 10:40 AM
    Yes, thats right, just me and you - you didn't think anyone else was actually going to read this did you??
    Originally posted by Incapuppy
    Speak for yourself!
    • danielley
    • By danielley 8th Aug 11, 11:52 AM
    • 742 Posts
    • 1,976 Thanks
    danielley
    • 8th Aug 11, 11:52 AM
    • 8th Aug 11, 11:52 AM
    It wont do any good, people will still continue to post their drivel here
    • miamoo
    • By miamoo 8th Aug 11, 2:46 PM
    • 1,675 Posts
    • 2,204 Thanks
    miamoo
    • 8th Aug 11, 2:46 PM
    • 8th Aug 11, 2:46 PM
    I think you would be better posting a sticky that has in capitals 'ONLY POST CHEAP HOLIDAY DEALS ON THIS BOARD' or better still with the heading 'free holidays to the destination of your choice' it might get read by a few more people then lol!
    100 - 10,000
  • bcl999
    • 9th Aug 11, 12:21 PM
    • 9th Aug 11, 12:21 PM
    I was wondering if it was possible to have only the "sticky" appear when people enter the sub-forum and then have a further clickable link (to the actual sub-forum posts) at the end of savvy's OP in the sticky - a sort of sub sub-forum, IYSWIM.
    I suppose it's too complicated.
    • savvy
    • By savvy 9th Aug 11, 5:53 PM
    • 30,205 Posts
    • 47,074 Thanks
    savvy
    • 9th Aug 11, 5:53 PM
    • 9th Aug 11, 5:53 PM
    Ah I like that idea, and that would be totally awesome, not sure if VBull supports that but you could try and suggest it in the 'Site Feedback' section??

• Glen hesketh
    • 7th Mar 12, 2:10 PM
    • 7th Mar 12, 2:10 PM
    Hello all.. Can anyone help with a holiday for two adults and 3 kids age 8,14 and16. I am looking for an activity style holiday in the uk or Europe. We had a disaster last year after booking a villa in Spain that was 1300 and not fit for a dog.would love for the kids to have a great time. Any advice or help welcome...thanks all
    • victor2
    • By victor2 7th Mar 12, 2:20 PM
    • 5,025 Posts
    • 3,383 Thanks
    victor2
    This board is not for posts like;....
    Originally posted by savvy
    There's always one!
  • Bojangles
    i posted flights to Orlando going cheap here yesterday and now it's gone. Why? Was it because I asked people to email my personal email if they were interested?
    • simon_the_saver
    • By simon_the_saver 22nd Mar 12, 3:04 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    simon_the_saver
    Is there a board to post potential holiday scams?

Might have just been done by an outfit calling itself Superior Resorts; website gone down, phone unanswered...
  • Incapuppy
    Is there a board to post potential holiday scams?

Might have just been done by an outfit calling itself Superior Resorts; website gone down, phone unanswered...
    Originally posted by simon_the_saver
    Just post it on the main overseas or UK board (whichever is appropriate)
  • Incapuppy
    Arrrggghhhhhhhhh!

That is all.

• RedBern
    • By RedBern 19th Jun 12, 8:54 AM
    • 1,209 Posts
    • 1,328 Thanks
    RedBern
    I think you would be better posting a sticky that has in capitals 'ONLY POST CHEAP HOLIDAY DEALS ON THIS BOARD' or better still with the heading 'free holidays to the destination of your choice' it might get read by a few more people then lol!
    Originally posted by miamoo
    I was just going to say a similar 'ARE YOU POSTING A CHEAP HOLIDAY DEAL?' if not you will get a better response by posting ........ here

Probably won't help.............
    Bern
  • Evolve
    Saver Fare Beware
    Take care, I booked a Caribbean cruise on 19th November for New Year and on 25th I was told I had cancer and needed a radical hysterectomy. P&O refused to postpone my holiday or transfer it to anyone else. I HAD travel insurance through my bank BUT despite the policy stating it was UK and Europe only it seems I was not covered even though I had not even left the UK
    Buyer beware, Saver fares are not a bargain and through "free" holiday insurance we are being told we are not covered.Check the fare and check your cover
    Help.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 20th Feb 15, 9:47 AM
    • 12,437 Posts
    • 8,106 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Take care, I booked a Caribbean cruise on 19th November for New Year and on 25th I was told I had cancer and needed a radical hysterectomy. P&O refused to postpone my holiday or transfer it to anyone else. I HAD travel insurance through my bank BUT despite the policy stating it was UK and Europe only it seems I was not covered even though I had not even left the UK
    Buyer beware, Saver fares are not a bargain and through "free" holiday insurance we are being told we are not covered.Check the fare and check your cover
    Help.
    Originally posted by Evolve
    sensible advice even though it is in the wrong place
    I am confused how you thought UK and Europe insurance would cover a Caribbean cruise. As you were going outside UK and Europe this policy would not cover your vacation
    I hope you recover well but in this case you error appears to have been not being insured for your trip
    • peejbob
    • By peejbob 19th Mar 15, 9:04 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    peejbob
    Voucher Codes and Deals
    I found a site saveholidays.com showing discount codes for discounted deals. Just booked a hotel with a 15% off code GETAWAY15 I think it ends soon but worth trying or using one of the other codes.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 19th Mar 15, 11:10 PM
    • 9,574 Posts
    • 10,097 Thanks
    pogofish
    Did you actually read the OP Peejob?
    • marleyboy
    • By marleyboy 20th Mar 15, 12:25 AM
    • 14,803 Posts
    • 28,739 Thanks
    marleyboy
    I think any bargain that MUST be posted in this particular thread is SPAM and best to be avoided completely!
    1+1+1=1
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,396Posts Today

8,151Users online

Martin's Twitter