What is the least you would claim treatment for?

Options
Hi, I put my cat into the vets yesterday as he was off his food and appearing poorly. After bloods, consultation etc, the bill came to £109. The excess on my pet insurance is £99. I am wondering if it is worth claiming back a tenner, or if this would affect my premiums in the long run. What do you think? And what is the least you would claim back?

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Will there be any further treatment for this?

I have claimed a small amount twice - the first time I was changing vets while my dog was being treated. I claimed for the treatment already given by my old vet, rather than having to claim for both vets on the one claim form.

the second was when my dog required sedation to remove a damaged tooth after an accident. As she was a recent rescue I wanted to confirm that the insurance company would cover her without a previous medical record.

Both claims were paid out and no noticeable increase in premium.

I have since had bills slightly over the excess and haven't claimed as there was no ongoing treatment.
  • ninnoodle
    Options
    sheramber wrote: »
    Will there be any further treatment for this?

I have claimed a small amount twice - the first time I was changing vets while my dog was being treated. I claimed for the treatment already given by my old vet, rather than having to claim for both vets on the one claim form.

the second was when my dog required sedation to remove a damaged tooth after an accident. As she was a recent rescue I wanted to confirm that the insurance company would cover her without a previous medical record.

Both claims were paid out and no noticeable increase in premium.

I have since had bills slightly over the excess and haven't claimed as there was no ongoing treatment.

Thanks, that makes sense. I don't know as yet - waiting for the results of his blood tests. So I think I will wait until I get the results first.
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I claim for all - always.
    My excess is 65 per condition so if I claim the first time the vet sees one of my cats, excess comes ff then and all follow up bills are paid in full.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure