Pip rang me?

Hi. Thanks in advance for any replies. I applied for pip last year. Turned down after face to face. Turned down after mr. Lodged appeal and received emails and letter confirming it has been accepted. Anyway today I had a missed call from the pip helpline number saying “hello this is mark calling from the dwp in regards to your pip appeal, I will call back later” anyone had anything like this? I called back but they had t left notes on my file

Comments

• Hi. Thanks in advance for any replies. I applied for pip last year. Turned down after face to face. Turned down after mr. Lodged appeal and received emails and letter confirming it has been accepted. Anyway today I had a missed call from the pip helpline number saying “hello this is mark calling from the dwp in regards to your pip appeal, I will call back later” anyone had anything like this? I called back but they had t left notes on my file

Just over 12 months ago my PIP claim was refused. MR decision nothing changed. Lodged appeal with tribunal and this was accepted. Two weeks later I got a call from someone in the PIP reviewing department to say my claim has been looked at again and they had changed their decision. I was awarded Standard Rate for Daily Living and Mobility. They asked if I wanted to accept that decision or I could continue with the Tribunal if I wanted to go for the Enhanced rates. I accepted there decision and backpayment was received in about a week! This happened via a telephone call. Good luck, hope it is the same for you.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi. Thanks in advance for any replies. I applied for pip last year. Turned down after face to face. Turned down after mr. Lodged appeal and received emails and letter confirming it has been accepted. Anyway today I had a missed call from the pip helpline number saying “hello this is mark calling from the dwp in regards to your pip appeal, I will call back later” anyone had anything like this? I called back but they had t left notes on my file
    They do sometimes ring to make an offer before the hearing date, although it's rare that this happens. I'm afraid you'll have to wait until they ring you back to know what they wanted you for, anyone can only guess here.
  • Thanks guys ❤️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport